Anyone else bit by the Military-Tough bug?

Hobbles

So at 15 do you really feel that threaten by other people that you need 5 knives, all of varying lengths and in different places?

I mean I can see why people might carry a Swiss Army knife around, as its not just a knife and I know mine has come in handy for a number of things (opening bottles, or whatever) and yeah in some cases carrying a gun might be needed, but that seems like your a bit paranoid there, just wondering if you have any particular reasons for carrying that much weaponry?

I mean I not the kind of person that really thinks about any of this stuff, I'd rather just got on with life in the here and now and being where I am its not like I'm going to get attacked, flooded, or effected by any other natural disaster, so maybe I'm not in the best position to have a proper understanding, although some of those softshell jackets are bloody nice so I'd consider wearing one just because its comfortable and keeps me warm.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally have my G-Shock watch on...only gear I tend to wear on a daily basis as well as airsoft unless Im wearing on of my caps.

I could go on and on about why I wear my watch I really could, but how could that compare to having a hillarious amount of dangerous blades on you.

To be serious though Ive noticed something on this thread, the American members of the board carry more stuff to make them feel safe.

And on my watch, even though I love it I would prefer if it was an old skool DW-8300, alas they are a mucho sort after collectors piece it seems.

why is it the vast majority of people that ponce around in their 'uber tac-gear' in their everyday life are americans ?

im not trying to start a fight, but reading through this thread, you cannot deny this fact.

ok, so the guy who started the thread is in that line of work, but why bother if you work at a supermarket or still in education ? seems like carrying stuff for the sake of carrying stuff and attempting to be hardcore.

i carry my phone, keys, mp3 player, tobacco etc on me. in some jeans and a nice coat i brought. ive certainly never feared for my safety enough to dress up like a wannabe merc.

You guys bring up some good points...after all...you guys are going to get the Rage virus first...so...I'd get hopping.

I did order a Tacgear.de softshell jacket for work...will probably see extra duty as an off-duty jacket, since I dont even own one (but the nights get nippy in the desert!) I'll post pics or impressions of it when I get it...should be a week or so.

Archived