VSR hop for Tanaka M700 series

8zero8

SGM at 580-600fps.

When it comes to sniper rifles, for some reason, I prefer maximum accuracy over maximum range. ;)

While not a tanaka, my star 338 fires 650-700ish and SGM's are still the best. IMO the poor quality of .36 and .43's outweighs the advantages their weight gives them

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed. A .36 or .38 SGM would be the wet dream of the airsoft sniper... Maruzen, do you hear us?

Yes 0.38g SGM would be appreciated by 6mmHUNTERS too. :P

I would field test them for MARUZEN, if they paid me enough. :lol:

Trick is nowadays finding a game not run by guys that dont call hits =/

Just wait until you see the stuff dobey is machining for it =D

Sounds like a good enough reason to setup a Hunteering group to me.

Good Hunting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally gonna pony up and get some goodies for the rifle this season .....

I just want to make sure I am ordering the right stuff for my pre-ban M24 w Threaded suppressor adapter.

1. KA/Pax VSR hopup conversion

2. Laylax Purple VSR Hop

3. Dees Customs 555mm 6.01 VSR barrel

While I am at it does anyone know where I can buy a stock o-ring kit ? Or at least know the sizes and materials of the stock o-rings ? The only place I have found anything is Dentrinity who selss the Hidekaya set for $7 but shipping is $30 ? Huh ?

Thanks,

DaveC

After you fit these parts, your threaded adapter end cap, maybe too short, to support the 555mm barrel. You may have to use the provided non threaded adapter from the kit.

The hop rubber is from the Nineball range, of pistol parts. Barrel choice is down to you on manufacturer/price.

I'm unsure on the o-ring set, as I have never needed to replace them yet.

Good Luck

After you fit these parts, your threaded adapter end cap, maybe too short, to support the 555mm barrel. You may have to use the provided non threaded adapter from the kit.

I wasn't sure how to answer this without knowing the barrel length of the m24 vs m700. I say as long as the new inner barrel can reach the silencer adapter it will be fine. I have mine (silencer adapter) being a barrel stabilizer as well.

cimg3783xp0.th.jpg

• 2 months later...

Highest reading out of my m40a1 is 577fps. It wasn't particularly warm when I got that reading and I've not chronographed it in the blistering heat :huh: of the intense british summer yet. I suggest it could reach 600ish on green gas. My PCS was set around 80% open.

You don't need that kind of power though as 500-550fps is ample.

Good Hunting ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Summing up type questions.

After 8 pages, my brain is pudding.

I'm a noob and just want to get it right the first time.

Just got a post ban- non export Tanaka m700 camo.

Will the 2roy kit work in it?

and will it "fix" the weak azz 300 fps i'm getting out of it stock?

What mm length barrel do i need to get, as far a vsr style tightbore goes?

Laylax (purple?) hop up is best from what everyone is saying so thats out of the way.

This is all the info i need atm.

If the kit WILL work in my gun, where the heck does one get the 2roy/pax kit?

You will be able to fit the kit. It will up your power, as you will replace the restricted nozzle with the included one in the kit.

However, The m700 is longer than the m24/m40 and a 555mm barrel will not reach from the hop unit to the end cap. It is not supported in between these 2 points. Therefore, you will either need to fit a longer inner barrel. The only one I think will fit, is the DEE's 650mm PSG1+ barrel. It has the correct cut for a VSR bucking.

I could not tell you if the barrel will extend out of the outer barrel/endcap.

Buy the 2ROY kit from 8ZERO8 (look him up in this thread). I have bought 3 kits off him so far and his service/delivery has been excellent.

Good Hunting ;)

I am not 100% certain, but must point out that the M700 outer barrel is actually thinner at the muzzle. That is why the M700P silencer adapter did not fit my m40a1. I still have the adapter and will be donating it to a friends m700.

I will say that the extended endcap only just reaches to my 554mm inner barrel in the m40a1 anyway.

So, I would say the extended endap is too short and too wide to fit the m700p. I know it says "for M700" on the box, but I still think it won't be compatable with 555mm barrels.

I noticed, it is now advertised as fitting M700 AICS/M40a1. HERE . I think it used to say M700P and M24SWS on that page.

Good Hunting ;)

Thanks Bushman,

I recently had a customer who was using the PAX kit with and original M700 and stock outer barrel. I was just as confused when he said the supplied endcap was not small enough. Luckily he was able to make a custom barrel spacer to keep the inner barrel stable and continue to use his original endcap.

I will contact the PAX Armamentia and find out more information for you guys and post any updates.

Bushman, do you suppose a kjw m700 barrel made by dees would be perfect?

They have a tanaka m700 listed, but do not list the length. im assuming that is cut for the stock tanaka hop anyhow so thats out,

however next to the kjw m700 barrel :- i heard this is cut for a vsr style hop stock, but i've also heard its not.. confusing.

628mm/24.75"

Other dees barrels, the psg aeg barrel, 590mm

and the psg1 barrel, 650mm.

Sounds a bit more like it would fit rather then protrude correct?

I'm not certain how i would cover too much barrel sticking out, i'd rather not as the m700 is a big gun as it is.

If anyone in this case has exact measurements, perhaps i can ask dee's to make one to that spec for me.

Would it be possible to have a machinist just cut the barrel end if i found out it was too long?

I am not 100% certain, but must point out that the M700 outer barrel is actually thinner at the muzzle. That is why the M700P silencer adapter did not fit my m40a1. I still have the adapter and will be donating it to a friends m700.

I will say that the extended endcap only just reaches to my 554mm inner barrel in the m40a1 anyway.

So, I would say the extended endap is too short and too wide to fit the m700p. I know it says "for M700" on the box, but I still think it won't be compatable with 555mm barrels.

I noticed, it is now advertised as fitting M700 AICS/M40a1. HERE . I think it used to say M700P and M24SWS on that page.

Good Hunting ;)

I think the Dee's KJW barrel you pointed out should fit. I have never heard of it before, so I guess its a new addition. It will have a cut groove around the outside to fit the KJW hop unit. This is unnecessary in the tanaka conversion, but won't hinder its installation.

The tanaka m700 barrel will have the round hop hole and be no good for the 2ROY conversion.

Get you rifle and measure from the rear of the hop wheel, to the muzzle. If it is around 628mm then it sounds better than the PSG-1 barrel. I cannot say for certain if it will fit or protrude, as I sold my M700P.

You could cut the barrel down as Dee's do not have crater cuts (crowning) at the end, just a straight cut.

Hope that helps.

Good Hunting ;)

oh google, how i love and hate you.

dug some more. ok. so the conversion will allow me to use a vsr style barrel, and i plan to get the KM hard bucking (air seal chamber?) the red one as i've heard alot of good about it, and found a seller who sells em new around 12 bucks on ebay shipped (seems like a good price eh?)

I dug around trying to figure out exactly what length would be best. Now i'm told dee barrels have a "universal cut" now ive not idea what that means. I'm told it means i can use it with a vsr hop or an aeg style hop. is this true? I've never bought one. Just bought pdi/km tightbores.

Anyhow, i stumbled across this info in google reguarding the length:

"first factory m700 tanaka tightbore length is 639mm"

Now, that means i would probably need a 650mm as the conversion kit will be recessed by around 6-8 mm further back (from what i've read) and tanaka barrels unlike vsr barrels do not start at the hopup cut, they start, and then have a cut an inch or so down right?

I think the Dee's KJW barrel you pointed out should fit. I have never heard of it before, so I guess its a new addition. It will have a cut groove around the outside to fit the KJW hop unit. This is unnecessary in the tanaka conversion, but won't hinder its installation.

The tanaka m700 barrel will have the round hop hole and be no good for the 2ROY conversion.

Get you rifle and measure from the rear of the hop wheel, to the muzzle. If it is around 628mm then it sounds better than the PSG-1 barrel. I cannot say for certain if it will fit or protrude, as I sold my M700P.

You could cut the barrel down as Dee's do not have crater cuts (crowning) at the end, just a straight cut.

Hope that helps.

Good Hunting ;)

Anyhow, i stumbled across this info in google reguarding the length:

"first factory m700 tanaka tightbore length is 639mm"

Now, that means i would probably need a 650mm as the conversion kit will be recessed by around 6-8 mm further back (from what i've read) and tanaka barrels unlike vsr barrels do not start at the hopup cut, they start, and then have a cut an inch or so down right?

Yes... if you're planning to cut down the new barrel for a perfect fit. Regardless, this will be your best set up if your priority is to have the maximum barrel length. Remember you will also be using a different hop chamber which moves the hop bucking further towards the end cap.

For reference, the picture shows that the PAX chamber is further in compared to the stock chamber (new nozzle will make up this difference)

nozzledepthqj6.th.jpg

Archived