VSR hop for Tanaka M700 series

8zero8

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am fairly certain it wont Catman..

Its been a while since I was in the hop of a takedown, but its definitely different. I just cant remember exactly how much different.

The Standard M700 hop actuates from the top down, where as the takedown one actuates from the back in line with the barrel.

I used RH 55 on my kjw m700 and it shoot really well. I can shoot a 9volt battery (the square shape battery) from 10m distances 8 times out of 10 (standing). I use 0.3gr bb. I think the problem is the silicone in green gas. I use R22 gas without any silicone added.

The barrel i used is 6.02mm / 705mm deep fire inner barrel for PSG-1 that machined to fit the KJW M700. The KM RH55 hop up buckling is a perfect fit. To compensate the increased inner barrel lenght i used king arms silencer adaptor and put a silencer on top of it.

I dont know the fps of my M700 but it can puncture a green gas can (guarder gas) from point blank range. So i guess from my experience the RH 55 work well in a high fps setup.

hope this help someone :)

well i dont have it yet is the thing. i have not decided which tanaka rifle to buy. i am looking mostly at the m700 takedown (tanaka, not kjw)... but if it cant take this new hopup system then it will be a toss up between the m40a1 and the m700 ltr....

but how exactly does that takedown model's hopup differ from that of the standard tanaka models?

thanks for the pic catman. so anyone know if it will work?

btw catman, you are the first person i have seen who even has one of these, so any word on it? i assume it performs like any other of the tanaka m700 series, but is the takedown function all that handy? do you need to re-sight it every time you take it down? is it solid by the takedown joint at all?

It's a lovely rifle, the join is very solid with no wobble. Yeah it is handy if you need to break it down for storage/transport but overall not all that handy as it's (now apparent) trade-off is you can't put a better hop-up unit in it. You don't need to mess about with the sight if you leave it on the rifle, a big scope can interfere with process of taking the rifle down/up, I got a 50mm diameter scope on there and I can just do it.

It is a lovely rifle though and I'm going to try some things to get it working better. Compare to other out-the-box M700s I've seen it's appears to have the same performance.

Hey guys!!

In my A.I.C.S., on American Eagle Winter Green Gas, I'm currently using .43's... That seems to be the only ammo that goes in anything like a straight trajectory - everything else seems to arc?

When I get my King Arms HOP kit (which I'll fit with a 6.03 and the nineball VSR bucking), what type of ammo should I use?

Everyone is saying SGM's... But I think they're too light for 500 fps, and I really want maximum range... In a fairly straight trajectory.

Is this possible? What ammo is everyone else using, and at what FPS?

Thanks.

Ben.

Everyone is saying SGM's... But I think they're too light for 500 fps, and I really want maximum range... In a fairly straight trajectory.

Is this possible? What ammo is everyone else using, and at what FPS?

SGM at 580-600fps.

When it comes to sniper rifles, for some reason, I prefer maximum accuracy over maximum range. ;)

wore results

More or worse?

Firefly or 9ball?

Thx

Sorry for the spelling mistake :huh: .

It should have read "worse" results. The FIREFLY (hard) VSR10 rubber did not give as much lift/spin as the 9BALL (purple) rubber. I found the firefly had a tendancy to twist in the 2ROY hop chamber and could impart side spin (not good). This resulted in less range and shots drifting slightly sideways. This is similar to what 8ZERO8 said about his testing with the firefly (hard) produced "less range and less accuracy" and the 9BALL was better suited to this application.

I think I will fit the firefly rubber in my G-SPEC instead. It gets better reports in the VSR series than the 9ball.

Stick to 0.29g SGM and you will see the accuracy increase compared to the original tanaka setup.

Description of last 6 hits out of 7 tanaka shots here with 2ROY kits fitted:

1) sprinting target 30m that was presented to the shooter for 2 seconds.

2) Miss at running/receding, torso target at 30m, presented for 2 seconds only.

3) Sprinting/diving target at 30m presented for 2 seconds.

4) Target in good cover only arm presented as clear target at 50m. Snap shot; pop up shoot with no follow through, dive down, hear "hit!"

5) Target running and diving down prone, partial target. Target presented for around 3 seconds at 35-40m

6) Sprinting, crossing target (getting flanked), shooter also running then stopping to fire at 30m.

7) Shot on 45m crouched target.

Some of these shots felt so natural, it was pretty amazing. After a while, you just expected to hit the target and pull off shots that you used to pray for, with the old hop system.

Good Hunting ;)

did you have an increase fps with the 6.05?what is the outer diameter of the original tanaka barrel and of the pdi one?

Do you recomend a new hop chamber with the kit?

I think the original barrel was 6.07mm despite their being rumours it is 6.05mm. The PDI 6.05mm is very nice and I have no wish to replace it or fit a tighter bore.

Hard to say if there is an increase in power as the tanaka on Green gas is temperature based, power. So hard to compare until it is summer again.

You cannot fit any other chamber in the conversion kit, as far as I know.

Just buy the kit, hop rubber and inner barrel. That is all you need.

Good Hunting ;)

Archived