SCOPES

48thRonin

Gents,

For those of us that cant afford there own German-made Schmidt & Bender 3x12x50 scope, (which we Brits and USMC are using) which would you say was a "realistic looking/replica" of said model? I've looked at a few 50mm G&P scopes, which aren't the best but may have to do. Anyone have a vastly different opinion?? R

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i use a heeeuge ags swat scope i dunno if its a replica or just "a scope" but i can zero in on people's skin cells with it and its nearly as big as the rifle

overkill?: most deffinatly

practical?: most deffinatly not

essential?: nope a standard 3-9x40 would work just as well

waste of money?: probably

a must have item?: very much so

i use a heeeuge ags swat scope i dunno if its a replica or just "a scope" but i can zero in on people's skin cells with it and its nearly as big as the rifle

overkill?: most deffinatly

practical?: most deffinatly not

essential?: nope a standard red dot would work just as well

waste of money?: probably

a must have item?: very much so

fixed, but otherwise completely agree (especially after having seen the VFC Barrett in a shop window with an aimpoint on it). :D

On the other end of the spectrum, does anyone know of any lower priced alternatives for low magnification combat optics (stuff that will probably fill the role that the ACOG does now, in the future), like 1x, 1.5x to 4x, 6x, 8x, maybe 20, 30mm objective lens? I've been browsing airsoft retailers, but beyond your standard 3-9x40, 4x, and 3.5-10x42, I'm not seeing much.

eg) something like this: http://www.mountsplus.com/thestore/prods/ATI-ELCAN.html

Essentially, like those flip-to-side magnifiers for EOTechs and Aimpoints, but all in one unit.

found this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3729...Riflescope.html

but it's still about $200 more than I'm willing to pay :unsure:

ebay is also pretty good for scopes as are most air rifle shops some of the small brand names make quality scopes at a 3rd of the price of some of the big names

like i said though when it comes to snipers and scopes anything more than the minimum is overkill remeber were firing bb guns here not barrat 50 cal's

but its a penis thing you COULD buy the compact red dot sight or you COULD buy the massive superzoom tele sight with illuminated recticule, mildot, sidewheel and nightvision that also plays "god save the queen" in zero gravity and is made from recycled F22 fighter jets sure the scope is bigger than your rifle sure its heavy but dammit it looks cool

Same than others here, got a Tasco on Ebay, a 3-9x56 for £31 including postage from HK. Great value for money, and way more than enough for airsoft ranges.

To me, if you don't do real shooting, buying a real-deal scope is pretty much wasting money, considering what you can get with one of these Tascos.

thought i would semi revive/recycle this thread instead of opening a new one.

has anyone ever used a red dot sight on their sniper rifle. ive decided to give it a try this coming saturday on my stock vsr. having used a scope(4x) for ages on it, ive come to think that for me its not the best option. my rifle doesnt shoot that far, i dont need the magnification, and i find it a hassle to line up my eye perfectly only to hve the little white ball get knocked off by wind. my thinking is that a scope is designed to be shot at hundreds of yards, and red dots are only ment for maybe 200 at most. now to me, logically this means that a red dot is more on the lines of airsoft which takes place at about 100m max for any sniper rifle.

also the red dot is smaller and lighter, meaning i can have higher manouverability in the dense (and i mean dense) woodland i regularly play at. having just shot at some targets in my garden at varying ranges, i hve also found that i can judge if its a possible shot with the RD better than i can with a scope, because the scope magnifies the target (i guess it just confuses my depth perseption).

can anyone see any problems i might come across when using an RDS, or any points against? if youve tried this yourself can you tell me what you thought about it and how it went?

There's a company called Richter Optik that make really good cheaper scopes. I've got one on my SL9. Was £40 for a 3-9x50 illuminated reticule. Although now I wish i'd got the one for the £45 one with looked like it had a bigger front aperture like the one in the picture of the sniper rifle above

I've gone from one extreme to the other:

The 'Prime minister' (externally bog standard g-spec) is currently sporting a swarovski 1.25-4x24. A top quality, yet tiny scope with a circular reticule that lends itself perfectly to air soft sniping. Very light weight & great in all light conditions. Nothing fancy & looking a bit puny, it never draws attention even though they retail at over £500!!

The 'Shirlinator' (great big lump of a dodgy looking custom thing, bi-pod, lazer, extended outer barrel, huge silencer, Smokey's stock, with vsr based internals) on the other hand sports a Rhino 6-24x50 (illuminating mill dot reticule) that always turns heads & cost less than £40!!

Take your choice ;)

Greg.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I just saw this scope and immediately fell in love with the look. $200 is bit more than I'd originally intended, but I'd like some more info regardless. (parity with the American dollar helps :D)

It just looks so mean with that big laser strapped to the side...

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...30EL_cat_Scopes

Most specifically, how bright is the image with that size objective? Can I trust Mojji in that regard?

Also, what increments (if any) are the scope and laser adjusted in? I'd like to use the laser as a de facto range finder, so getting it very accurately aligned is important (especially considering the relatively small radius from the scope to the laser). Is there by chance a non-illuminated reticle model that would likely cost a little less? I can't see myself ever using the reticle, considering that it's blue (eck, kills night vision) and the fact that it has a laser...

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

*by any chance, does anyone know if lasers such as that one are available separately? So I could buy a less expensive scope and piggyback a laser on it afterwards? I'm not sure I'd save any money, dependent on the cost of the laser, of course.

The Airsplat 3-9x50 Red/Green Mil-Dot Scope I have on my gun works fine for me. Not to hijack, but a quick question. My BB's are always in the top right corner of my sight for my scope. I know it's not the gun, because when I take the scope off, I can hit a target from about 50 ft out on a highly windy day. Anyone know how to adjust for this? I paid a lot for that scope, so I'd like to see my BB's going closer to the center. Thanks!

Archived