5.56 Patriot - Need Info

[Apex]

basically i want as much info as possiable on the 5.56 Patriot as im intending to make one...

basically the main factor im looking at is who (if anyone) mass produces the real steel, or if not, which real steels are the most popular in the conversion as i want to get as close as possiable for the metal body choice.

cheers :D

I didn't know what this was, but after a quick google it seems that they don't exist outside of Metal Gear Solid (I suppose the whole "infinite ammo" thing was a clue ;))

Anyway, here is some information I found via google:

"The Patriot is modified from the XM16E1. The noticeable changes in the modifications include a shorter barrel and the non-existent stock. The Patriot uses 5.56 x 45 ammunition that is placed into the 100-round drum magazine."

And a photo for anyone else as clueless as I was:

patriot.jpg

The real steel is a "DPMS Kitty Kat".

I must confess that I didn't know this until I asked Tome 2 minutes ago. Credit where it's due mate..... :D

I can recommend the Madbull Patriot kit. I have one and it's the nicest piece of kit I've ever bought. Got it from WGC.

thanks for your great responces.

Alirowe, i was planning on using the Madbull Patriot Long Kit, do you know what the inner barrel length is for it?

more details on my Patriot idea can be found here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry1542876

as far as i researched into it, it does seem that outside MGS that they are none existant... i guess ill have to find a Olympic Arms or XM body to use as i dont think my Dboys custom engraving idea fit into any realsteal info... maybe i could adapt realdeal info to the best i can to fit my needs...

cheers all,

Apex

Definitely 229 mm for the long version, I've built one.

The short one would use a 141 mm barrel or something. Maybe 170 mm if you don't mind it showing in the muzzle brake chamber. Maybe.

It's not a Carbon-15 or anything -93. It's the Patriot, and saying it's something else is a bit like calling the Glock a Sigma or something. Close, but not the same. They have been around both in real and airsoft form a long time before introduced as The Boss' gun.

-Sale

• 2 weeks later...

229... thats MP5 length isnt it?

well, its less than 2 weeks until i leave now, and im getting a tad worried... Madbull Patriot kits and DBoys CQB-R's seem to be low in stock on the HK retailer websites ive looked at :S

ive decided just to keep the standard blank DBoys metal body in the hope i can get it engraved at a trophy shop.

not too sure weather to get the HK 46 short fixed stock or go for the Crane stock that comes with the donor gun though...

I'd go for the fixed stock option. Unless you want to vary the length of the gun i see no reason to keep the sliding stock.

There would be less grief with battery wires with a fixed stock. With a crane stock you run the risk of losing the platic lugs that hold the battery in. Something which my G&P CQB is threatening me with at the moment.

Snake

thats a valid point. when i was skirmishing a few weeks ago we found the plugs to someones DBoys CQB-R... Thing is my main site is woodland with bunkers so i would find the stock quite appealing but ive heard that the short fixed stock is also very comfortable to use.

OA98...im thinking of working on one.

Scope riser, cut through with a bench drill and along, for the blowback unit. Same job on the grip and mag well. Hole drilled into the front of the scope riser to take a long thick rod. Rod die'd on the end, and the hole tapped to match.

Only 2 things bug me - plastic would be easier to work on but would it stand the skeletonisation, and where would I put me battery. Maybe rear-wired a remote pack... Hmm.

OA98...im thinking of working on one.

Scope riser, cut through with a bench drill and along, for the blowback unit. Same job on the grip and mag well. Hole drilled into the front of the scope riser to take a long thick rod. Rod die'd on the end, and the hole tapped to match.

Only 2 things bug me - plastic would be easier to work on but would it stand the skeletonisation, and where would I put me battery. Maybe rear-wired a remote pack... Hmm.

7.2v stick might just fit the upper tube you might have to make the tube just ever so slightly wider diameter and an inch or so longer than the original in which case just do same with length of barrel and heatshield to keep it looking similar to original. In some respects Id lean towards a plastic lower rather than a diecast one with that amount of slots being milled from it.

Archived