Players with fully decked out gear...

AnakChan

I've mentioned it on another topic, but perhaps if 'explosive' bbs were still available, the noise they make on impact would help resolve this issue. For those people, probably the majority, who haven't come across these bbs (I had some off a friend aeons ago), they're basically bbs partly filled with the stuff they use for cap guns, and they make a nice crack upon impact. You didn't get many per pack, so perhaps loading them like tracer rounds, 3 to 1 or something, would be adequate.

I'm not certain this would work however, as some people have trouble determining where certain sound come from, particuarly me at times.

I dunno.

Decimus.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We just use the "keep shooting them" method here. Never really have to do that though, not calling hits is just not very common here,

Same here.

Keep shooting until they call the hit.

Many players shoot too few rounds (typically from too far) and wait for the miracle to happen.

If they don't call the hit, shoot them in the leg, hand, neck, head, whatever. Walk the fire.

90% will call hit before anything drastic.

Anyone who complains about the "pain" of airsoft hits should look for another hobby. Seriously.

I shot at least a hundred guys/girls with my 3+ Joule sniper rifle and none of 'em complained. 90% called torso hits, heavy gear or not.

I've mentioned it on another topic, but perhaps if 'explosive' bbs were still available, the noise they make on impact would help resolve this issue. For those people, probably the majority, who haven't come across these bbs (I had some off a friend aeons ago), they're basically bbs partly filled with the stuff they use for cap guns, and they make a nice crack upon impact. You didn't get many per pack, so perhaps loading them like tracer rounds, 3 to 1 or something, would be adequate.

I'm not certain this would work however, as some people have trouble determining where certain sound come from, particuarly me at times.

I dunno.

Decimus.

those explosive bbs like the paint ones, that can break in your gun and screw up the insides? sounds epically like failure.... STUPID IDEA

R

ok, was loaded up on sunday, full dcus, belt gear, dropleg mag rigs, fsbe, mich helmet, hydration carrier too... a lot you say? possibly, but was talking to some similarly kitted regulars [my emphasis]at my site, and we all had never not felt a hit

Honestly, I'm not sure that these people are the best to talk to. They say that they all feel their hits, but as they are all kitted out the same who really is to say that they do? They may all believe that they feel their hits, but I'd need some outside observer to verify that for sure. It is kind of like asking a group of SCUBA divers in a dry-suits how cold the water is... they all are going to agree that the water is quite pleasant... Now go and ask the guy who is wearing swimming trunks. He might disagree.

Overall, however, I'd agree that "feeling" or "not feeling" a hit depends more on the person being shot than their gear. Although I would suggest that gear does tend to make it harder to feel hits, and, may at times, allow hits to go totally undetected. I remember playing a game of paintball with some of my buddies. Now, paintballs hit quite a bit harder than airsoft bbs, so you'd think they would be felt almost all the time. Well, this was not to be the case when my buddy was shot in one of the buttons on his BDU blouse and had to turn to me and say "was I hit?" The answer was clear.

tbh, if im unsure, i ask, and walk.... my point was that through body armour, you can still feel a hit, so anywhere else isnt gonna be an issue for a geared player, compared to a non geared player. if the geared can feel it through, armour, and then thier hit by one they cant feel, i doubt a non gear wearing player could either....

s*** happens guys, play on.

R

Its amazing you guys can feel your hits through all that. Wearing just a tee-shirt, if my shirt hangs 5 inches from my body the hit won't ever reach my skin. People can't feel hits in many places for many reasons, armor tends to compound the problem - thats the only reason controversy exists - we have to be aware of hits we cannot feel for sure.

It's already been said, but I'll say it again: loose clothing absorbs bb impacts far better than a tactical vest. The only difference a tactical vest makes in feeling or not feeling hits that is different from any other form of clothing is whether or not a welt froms when you take a 385 fps bb from 3 meters away. Most of the discussion I'm seeing is that people who are wearing tactical vests are noticing the hits and are reacting to them. They're just not calling it and removing themselves from the game. These are people who are cheaters. It's that simple. They'll cheat whether they're decked out in Future Soldier gear or running around in butt-naked. Dishonest people will be dishonest no matter how well or poorly equipped they may be. As for me, I will continue to wear my tac vest to every game. I can't stand high-caps, and I happen to like being able to get to my extra mags without fiddling with pockets. I'm not going to run around lopsided either, with half of me loaded tactical and no cover, so I'm also going to continue to wear my helmet. As I've said before, and numerous other tac-vest wearers have said...I've never failed to feel a hit. If I think I've been hit, I call out. But if someone yells at me to call hits, and I haven't been hit, then I will tell them plain and simple: "when you hit me, I'll call it."

those explosive bbs like the paint ones, that can break in your gun and screw up the insides? sounds epically like failure.... STUPID IDEA

R

Er... sounds what like failure? Spell check anyone? Also, the ones I've used have never broken up inside at all, and even if that were possible, it's not like it couldn't be fixed.

Decimus.

So,,,on went the omega for a bit of experimentation:

I got a mate to shoot me with a 328 from 10 feet, just to see.

This is just my perspective & I know there will be disagreement, but hey, isn't that what a forum is all about?

I found that the bb's did make distinctive noises which varied in volume, depending where they hit. Most of which I could not hear when firing my ca g36c full auto from the shoulder.

I was pleasantly surprised how many shots I could feel. However, shots to the pouches, shoulder pad & zip were pretty much un-felt. Also, when I leaned forward, the weight of the mags etc pulled the vest away from my body making all hits in that area easily missed. I'm sure tightening the vest would have helped, but one has to breath.

Thinking about it, when in the firing position (gun shouldered) especially if crouched, the chances of a bb hitting the chest is slim. It's more likely to hit the gun or arms. But this still left me feeling that if I was firing & copped one in the chest, unless it hit the mesh, I'd possibly miss it. I'm not saying you would, but I've put the tacky back in the wardrobe.

We are all different, but for me, the tacky does mean a lack of confidence in hit awareness, so I'll give it a miss.

It also raised two burning questions; How does anyone know, irrespective of battle gear, when they've missed one? So how can anyone say, irrespective of battle gear, 'I always feel my hits'?

Greg.

They're taking it on faith that nobody has called them out if they have missed some. It's totally possible you've never missed a hit, but its totally unreasonable to be sure of it, given that if you had, there's a good chance you'd never know :P

I love it when two people get in a hit dispute, and one guy says "I wasn't hit" instead of "I didn't feel anything" - whether he's cheating or not, whether he's hit or not - that certainty in his response = distrust-worthy person.

I've used the 'cap bb's' & never had a problem with them.

However, they do need to hit a solid surface to go off. Clothing doesn't work.

I wouldn't say it's a stupid idea, but, it would only work against hard surfaces & they ain't cheap, or very accurate. :huh:

In fact it's a great idea. But like so many great ideas, putting it into practice, with available products, is unlikely to yield the desired results. ;)

Greg.

I've used the 'cap bb's' & never had a problem with them.

However, they do need to hit a solid surface to go off. Clothing doesn't work.

I wouldn't say it's a stupid idea, but, it would only work against hard surfaces & they ain't cheap, or very accurate. :huh:

In fact it's a great idea. But like so many great ideas, putting it into practice, with available products, is unlikely to yield the desired results. ;)

Greg.

look, this topic is getting old, fine, you cant feel hits, but if i can feel a hit through an inch of foam, then there is NO hit i couldnt feel through an omega, and your rifle needs tuning if its that loud.

Decimus kreig: i dont want to spend money repairing my rifle when my ammunition breaks up inside.... ill stick to plastic thankyou

also the health and safety rules about an airgun fireing projectiles that explode, make them section 5 firearms, and much ilegal.

use those at a skirmish site, expect tobe kicked off... thier dangerous, unreliable, and i dont care how your springer pistol coped with htem, try them in a high end aeg and watch the repair bills....

this is a joke now...

R

They're taking it on faith that nobody has called them out if they have missed some. It's totally possible you've never missed a hit, but its totally unreasonable to be sure of it, given that if you had, there's a good chance you'd never know :P

Good point, if I shoot at someone using a tree as cover and they don't call themselves out because they've not heard or felt themselves get hit, I'm going to shoot again (for all I know I didn't hit them), then one of my bbs hits a soft or loud spot, they call themselves hit and walk off.

As far as I know they've taken their hits so there's no issue.

Meanwhile, I'd actually hit them before they realised, but as far as they know the first time they were hit was when they felt it, so they think they can feel every hit.

you've used them in your crappy springer?

For sake of skirmishing, health and safety, exploding projectiles makes them weapons. and this is taking the mickey.... please drop this subject Greg, their silly, dangerous, and unsafe.

R

Really?

Which crappy springer? The Marui Glock 17, or the CA G36C?

What dangerous & unsafe experiences have you had with these?

Greg.

Safety concerns aside, the awesome factor's pretty huge - where did you get these BBs? I'd love to try spraying them at a wall at night.

Got mine from 'battle orders' some time ago.

When they hit a solid object they make a crack sound just like a 'snap-it' & your right, they look great in low light (small spark). The bb itself stays in one piece, but the contents (similar to a match head) is turned to dust.

Completely out of the question for skirmishing due to cost, complete lack of accuracy & as Bell points out, respect for fellow players. Not that they could do any harm, but you can never be too careful. I've never had problems with them in my guns.

I have never used them at a skirmish. I do not condone or recommend this.

Greg.

Archived