A possible alternative to Fog Tech

Boltrig

Up till now Ive been using a full face mesh mask for skirmishing, but Ive aquired a full SWAT loadout, and the mesh doesnt really fit in with that. Ive been researching anti fogging methods, since my skirmish on Sunday saw the use of a set of goggles, and much fogging.

I came across fog tech as a stand in for fan-equipped goggles, and realised the bottle looked familiar.

I think its this camera cleaning solution I got ages ago as part of a camera cleaning kit. The company / brand on the packaging is "perfectshots" and I think I got it from poundland. Ive tried it on my goggles and it seems to work, although Ive not tried it in a skirmish yet.

Anyone willing to break the bank and fork out a quid to get some - does it work? Ill post my findings once Ive gone out for a bit of pistolling later.

I hope this is true, I recently got hold of some anti-fog goggles (Molle X800) but I'm a speccy and my glasses still steam up underneath so if I can put some of that stuff on my specs that'd be great. I'll check out Poundland next time I'm in town.

A thin layer of hand or dish soap works better than any anti-fog solution.

Utter ######s.

What works for some might not work for others. I have found that Holts Screenys (windscreen demister) worked better then fogtech, but obviously thats not the case for everybody.

I've tried spit, all sorts of soap, and fog-tech.....fog-tech being the only one that worked. I just got my new ESS striker goggles today...and dont know if I need to order any fog-tech or if they're good enough(supposed to have some super anti-fogging mask). Any help would be appreciated.

I've had a pair of the ESS NVG profile goggles for almost 2 years now and the lenses came with incredible fog protection straight from the factory. During the first 6months that I had them they never fogged once, even under some pretty extreme conditions (cold, wet nights.. etc.). But after regular use the fog protection slowly loses quality just due to general wear and tear I presume. Now I apply fog-tech every other game or so and it works pretty well. Also if you guys wear headgear I would suggest not wearing it too low on your forehead very close to the tops of your goggles as it can prevent the hot, humid air from your face from evaporating. I usually run a patrol or ballcap most of the time, and tipping the bill back slightly can work wonders for fog protection.

Archived