ASF update

Gergify

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First let me apologies to all the ASF members, sponsors and guest who were unfairly forced to be directed to these videos. I do not own ASF but, I am an administrator over there and admin's behavior was out of line. It nearly caused me to resign. If it where not for a conversation I had with with a few hours ago I would of probably removed my account of 6000+ post from ASF. I am staying because admin has told me he will not pull anymore stunts like this and apologies to everyone who was un impressed and offended by what he had done and takes full responsibility for what HE done. I put nearly 5 years of my life and countless hours into ASF, I have stayed up late many nights when I had to get up early the next day working on serving the members who make up ASF. So when admin abruptly told me he planned to do this naturally I was pretty PO'd.

ASF members, on behalf of myself and some of the staff I give you my deepest apologies for what has transpired over the past few days. If you want to leave ASF or have your account delted I can understand and will be happy to assist you. Please know both Battle Priest and I were staunchly against what admin had done and both gave him an earful for potentially committing website suicide. Admin (also known as Robert) is hardly on ASF he simply owns the site and funds it. The members however make up the forum and the staff tries their hardest to treat them fairly and keep everyone happy with what powers and jurisdiction they do have over the forum. This is admin's PR problem not ASF's so please before you decide to leave please take that into consideration.

To Arnie's Airsoft, first I apologies for the flood of refuges coming from our site, hopefully it brought you some traffic and potential members. Arnie's has always served as an alternative to our members and we consider you guys to be good friends as we share a lot of the airsoft member base. So I would like to say thank you for the hospitality over the years and hope you share our same goal of informing the public about airsoft safety and providing a discussion medium for responsible airsoft enthusiast.

ASF will be back up as soon as the DNS propagates, if you decide to leave I hold nothing against you and want to sincerely thank you for your contributions.

- Dom

Dom, thanks very much, I'm glad to know that ASF is in competent hands. We all know you've been doing a good portion of the work to keep the forum going, and it's nice to know that someone still has their head on straight.

RS, don't be too hard on Atilla. Badger was an annoying idiot; and personally, I'm glad he got banned. Atilla probably banned you for being disrespectful to the staff; that's the one thing that ensures a ban from any one.

Still, I like Arnies, in part because I don't have to post much here; Bauer, Bushman, Chef, and a few others usually take care of all of the questions that I would usually have to answer. I'll have an MB03 thread up here, and remain a dedicated ASR and Arnies member. ASF, well, we'll just have to see. At least domskidan is staying on top of things. I appreciate that.

First let me apologies to all the ASF members, sponsors and guest who were unfairly forced to be directed to these videos. I do not own ASF but, I am an administrator over there and admin's behavior was out of line. It nearly caused me to resign. If it where not for a conversation I had with with a few hours ago I would of probably removed my account of 6000+ post from ASF. I am staying because admin has told me he will not pull anymore stunts like this and apologies to everyone who was un impressed and offended by what he had done and takes full responsibility for what HE done. I put nearly 5 years of my life and countless hours into ASF, I have stayed up late many nights when I had to get up early the next day working on serving the members who make up ASF. So when admin abruptly told me he planned to do this naturally I was pretty PO'd.

ASF members, on behalf of the myself and some of the staff I give you my deepest apologies for what has transpired over the past few days. If you want to leave ASF or have your account delted I can understand and will be happy to assist you. Please know both Battle Priest and I were staunchly against what admin had done and both gave him an earful for potentially committing website suicide. Admin (also known as Robert) is hardly on ASF he simply owns the site and funds it. The members however make up the forum and the staff tries their hardest to treat them fairly and keep everyone happy with what powers and jurisdiction they do have over the forum. This is admin's PR problem not ASF's so please before you decide to leave please take that into consideration.

To Arnie's Airsoft, first I apologies for the flood of refuges coming from our site, hopefully it brought you some traffic and potential members. Arnie's has always served as an alternative to our members and we consider you guys to be good friends as we share a lot of the airsoft member base. So I would like to say thank you for the hospitality over the years and hope you share our same goal of informing the public about airsoft safety and providing a discussion medium for responsible airsoft enthusiast.

ASF will be back up as soon as the DNS propagates, if you decide to leave I hold nothing against you and want to sincerely thank you for your contributions.

- Dom

Well i believe you, but coming back is going to be hard.

Well i believe you, but coming back is going to be hard.

Yes, I've discussed this with a couple of the other staff members there. I really feel sorry for the mods and Dom as they knew nothing about this and were caught off-guard themselves. Their request that we come back really strikes my heart but I cannot justify doing it. Why? Because neither Dom nor any other of the staff members can guarantee Admin won't do it again. There is nothing stopping him from doing so, its his site and he holds all the AdminCP power. There is also the possibilty that he wants us to come back so that there will be alot of members for "part 2"... Do I sound a little paranoid? Sorry, Monkey does what Monkey sees.

I figured the other administrators felt that way... Just wasn't sure what to expect. Glad to see work being done.

@ Revenge Seeker: That's a possibility, but I doubt that Admin would be that daft. The mods, administrators, and almost all of the members are all furious about Admin doing it once.

Dom, I understand and agree with you.

However, I personally will not be returning to ASF. ASF is still in Admins hands and until otherwise the chances for a repeat of the episode remains. This debacle has spilled over into several other forums and I hate to imagine what it'll be like on ASF when it returns. I personally, will be looking for greener fields untainted by residual bad feelings.

To those asking us to flame Admin: Sorry, we're not going to stoop so low as to that. You realize, if we do that, we'd stoop down to his level. Here at Arnies, there is a very good reputation for mature and level headed behavior.

I politely ask you all to please read the rules, enjoy your stay here, and remember: We're not your personal army to irritate the internet.

To you regs: Shaddap, I know I'm being hypocritical.

As I have said, I will assist anyone who wants to leave ASF or have their account delted, believe me I know how you guys feel. I have had to consider myself if it would even be smart to continue to affiliate my reputation with ASF, if Admin keeps pulling these stunts. As it has been pointed out I cannot guarantee he will not do it again but if he does, he will be down an administrator and that's no threat its a promise (to the members).

Just an update, ASF's is back up. I will continue to be a loyal member to them as I am here and ASR. I also will say that if something like this happens again, I am done with ASF, and that also is not a threat. I hate fate though that our current mods scared Admin up enough to let him know that next tim he does it, he will lose everything. It will be a sebsite suicide as said in an earlier post. Until then, I'm backkkk :]

Hey guys,

This is my ASF Loadout.

THIS IS MADE OUT OF REAL, NOT KNOCK OFF, TIN FOIL.

PLEASE NOTE! I had to opsec my hands because the government, yes, THE GOVERNMENT, has the TECHNOLOGY to get my fingerprints from PHOTOS. (I saw this on a youtube video, it's gotta be true guys.) You gotta be careful, the man is onto me for knowing the TRUTH!

asf1.jpg

asf2.jpg

asf3.jpg

Archived