MP5 mags

Vamp V^^V

Hi everyone,

Having recently got a new primary, a CA MP5 A2, with 6 mags (because of the small ammo capacity of even hi-cap MP5 mags) I am stuck as to where I should keep them during games. I want to be able to reload fairly quickly, obviously, and I don't want to have to fumble with them. When I used an M4, this wasn't as much of a problem because of the larger capacity, but with less than half the amount of rounds per mag, I find that I need to reload fairly regularly.

So where do people find is the best place for them, and what would I need to get for it?

For example, would a MOLLE vest with multiple MP5 pouches be best, or a drop-leg system, or just any vest that has SMG mag pouches?

Thanks for any advice :)

MOLLE/PALs vest with proper MP5 magazine pouches always feels best to me. Tried drop leg, large pistol mag pouches and even a film canister retention bungee belt...the vest feels best. If you run more than one set of guns (IE M4+MP5+G3+blah) you might wanna get something like the BDS R.U.M.P. or the Tactical Tailor Multi-Pouch. They can bungee a lot of different types of mags and attach to either your drop leg, vest or shackle and buckle setups.

If you're using the 200 round long type highcaps or 100 round midcaps the best place I've found to keep them is.....a paintball battlepack.

No, stop laughing, I'm serious!

I have a 3-pot battlepack where the pots are held horizontally. Each pot pouch holds two mags nicely and with the horizontal arrangement they're out of the way allowing me freedom of movement. It's better that using my webbing or my drop leg MP5 mag pouches and has the advantage that drop leg panels can still be tagged onto them for extra capacity.

So, battlepacks. One thing that travels between paintball and airsoft nicely! :)

Archived