• Star
    • G&G
    • CYMA
    • Dboys
    • Systema
    • VFC
    • G&P
    • JG

Right, as well as many others on the forum, I am getting slightly annoyed by the amount of "what am bestest" threads!

If there is any i have missed, post your views about them, please don't clog this up with spam, this is intended for newbies so instead of talking about it, they can look at a graph, thus making it easier for them, please be honest :)

£230 is a fair amount to buy an AEG for, and that is what i would say is a decent price.

I hope this helps :)

Hmmm.. not that easy to answer for me, my favourite weapons cost far more than £230 once I'd finished upgrading them.

My current guns:

TM M4-S is my favourite weapon since I've upgraded internals & externals. Cost £269 stock.

CA M15CQB was probably best performance straight out of the box. Cost £350 stock - I've since upgraded it.

JG G36c at £105 was best value. I've left this stock internally.

as with all what am best threads which this is. the fatal flaw is based around the details or lack there of

what is it for? gas guns? then Dboys and systema are right out as they dont make them

aegs? which one as the only people who make traditional m60 replicas is top.

makers have flaws based around a design idea such as top and bellows, TM and plastic bodys,

when buying an aeg a what am bested thread is full of hyberbull and people saying that because they have X it must be better than a gun they have never seen or owned. how can comparisin be made unless they have owned more thna one aeg? simple they cant

ive owned one of all BUT the latest 2 tm aegs (m14 and type89) and can make a pretty reasonable comparision of them as such, and i cna compare the tm m16 to a CA m16 as well.

is a clone "better" than say a tm? who can say as what your willing to pay is a major chunck of deciding what you get if you happy to spend 1k then you can get what you like if you will pay 100 then your cloning it.

and now criteria for what is best

is it range of modles made? then top sucks as it has 2 ranges witha few cosmetic mods in them that said they still are the only people to make an afordable m60.

is it is ease of maintance?

is it in the realm of reliability then gng sucks royaly.

is it upgradability then they are all the same

its been said before and i will say it again there is no BEST there are just options and pros and cons to weigh up in the decision. .

its like normal cars what is better between say a misti space star (what i drive) and say a ford focus? ultimatly its down to what youl pay and what you want.

This is like all those that passed before it.

You wont find a what am bestest, youll find a what am favouritist.

For example... I like CA, TM for some models, others Id go ACM. I cant stand G&G and G&P because of blinding quality flaws. But someone else will say "Ive got a G&G and its the bestest gun ever!". When personal opinion comes into it, 'best' is relative and not calculable.

this is by no means a thread for the ultimate definative best gun, it is simply a guide so that newbies (who have 230 quid) can see opinions of other members in pictorial form. i personally couldnt give a ###### about trades and wouldnt pay an extra 40 quid for it ;)

As it stands CA am bestest!?

I own a VFC, G&P, CA and several clones and personally I thought the G&P was good value for money as far as high end AEG's are concerned 7mm bearings, metal spring guide, one of their blue polycarb pistons, high torque gears not to mention the excellent exterior finish.

I'd go ACM anyday now its just too cheap not to plus I like to tinker......

tbh I dont really see a lot of point in some of those options if the budget is capped at 230 quid for a new in the box gun eg last I loooked a PTW was going to stiff you a fair amount more than that, and Ive not seen many VFCs for sale shipped and vated etc in the UK for 230 either.

When Colt, H&K, Steyr et al start manufacturing airsoft guns on same tooling using same materials and finishes as their centrefire versions it'll be a different story but untill then there is only one bestest airsoft manufacturer as theres only one manufacturer in that league.

Real Sword - 220 quid landed in the UK, 260 if the taxman decides to take his pound of flesh. Weapon grade externals combined with a set of internals the equal of any mainstream airsoft manufac, and better than most. To me that makes it the best airsoft manufacturer by any empirical measurement of inherent strength, materials used, accuracy of dimensions versus its real steel equivalent etc.

Course wether their guns are best for your chosen application is a different story An AK isnt going to be a lot of good in a pistols only game, for someone looking for a support weapon or someone aiming at a specific load out. All of those factors will muddy the waters and often require a compromise of 'best' versus 'most suited'.

I voted for Tokyo Marui, simply because on a budget that tight they tick all the boxes.

1) They have affordability when compared to makes like ICS and CA (you could get the gun, battery and even possibly spare mag for £230)

2) They make very reliable guns dispite what some people might say i've owned 2 TM AEG's myself and not had a sniff of gearbox trouble the whole time!

3) They have got very plastic bodies on most of their models but in no way does this mean that they're more likely to break than a full metal body (my nephew had a TM ak47 whch he replaced with a full metal ak47 and the very first skirmish the pins that hold the stock to the body had snapped off the metal bodied version) it just means that it's not as realistic up close and the weight is lighter which is not always a bad thing!

4) If 260-285 fps isn't powerfull enough for you then a simple M100 or 1J spring (about £10) and a set of metal bushings (again about £10) will take the power to 300+ fps and still be cheaper than the ICS or CA stock weapons, there are websites that will do the conversion for you for a total cost of £30-£35 even if you don't know how to fit it.

5) Clones can be cheaper than TM, but iwouldn't like to have to vouch for their reliability, and if you need to pay for repairs then it adds to the costs

I'm working on the assumption that any 1st time skirmisher is going to opt for an AEG as their first gun. in all my experiences with noobs this has been the case but maybe their are afew beginners who feel a sniper role is straight away what they want to do. These people should not regard this post as i have only ever used one sniper rifle and so couldn't pass comment!

I think the best advice for newbies is to pick the type of AEG you like first, such as Armalite, AK, etc, and then look at which manufacturer to go for.

aye always a good option but heaven help any poor sod that decides they realy like the grease gun only produced (badly) by hudson lol He/she aint going to have much choice when it comes to FN2000 or P90 either.. :D

yes but in low choice (low volume production) its the same in all fields

if you want somthing thats not widly wanted then you pay over the odds snorkleman

the real sword gear is very limited and also untried.

for the money you can get either a fully upgraded (internals inc) clone or a tm/CA gun which are proved modles or a RS which is practicaly unknown bar the hype

there isnt a best. Yes, systemas are amazing, but their price is insane. Also KWA is rising up to a very good AEG maker. In my humble opinion, it surpases most others.(M4 model shoots 400fps stock, and ~17-20rps with a li-po, all for $390,including li-po) In order for a lot of other guns to match it, they would need to invest way more money. Tms are probably the most reliable guns out there. I got on and on...it your personal choice.

Carrion I can see why folks should be sceptical (to say the least) when somone starts recommending a manufacturer whos kit has only been on sale for two months or so - the obvious implication is over-enthusiastic "Ive bought it thus it must be uberly perfect" blind predudice, "its awesome dude" lack of experience with other manufacs to make a comparative evaluation or just plain reckless nutcase lol. :)

However set against that I'd have to cite ownership and takedown experience of everything from A thru to Y in terms of airsoft manufacs be they classic/modern low, mid and silly money price ranges etc so Im I dont feel Im evaluating in a vacum without anything else to compare against when it comes to execution and quality of materials used. Nor do I usually tend to go towards the "if I've laid out X it must be good" (I've bought guns several times the price and cheerfully slated them as being ######). Likewise Im not even a particularly big fan of AEGs old school gas guns being my thing.

What I will hold my hands up to is being a big fan of AKs together with 'the more realistic the details and finish the better' far as Im concerned. But even then, when it comes to this gun I've tried hard not to let those aspects predudice my views of it or predispose me to liking it.

the best I can say on that respect is that if someone had put the equivalent V2 internals to the V3 ones used in this, into an M4 and commissioned colt to construct it from the materials they build real M4s from, and have them finish it to the same levels as a real M4 (rather than commisioning Norinco to build an AK) Id be giving that my best manufacturer vote despite the fact Im not really any sort of Armalite fan.

Because ultimately it isnt the accurate details and finish stemming from that construction that sets it apart - even ignoring those, its the strength that using those manufacturing processes bring to the party. The fact it happens to be an AK is just the cherry on top for me.

Hell in some respects it would be easier if it was a turd - I wouldnt have to look like a loon banging on about some obscure manufacturer being best manfacturer ever lol :D

i did say that seeing the graph would give a chance for newbies to see other members opinion on manufactuers

edit:

here we go

this is by no means a thread for the ultimate definative best gun, it is simply a guide so that newbies (who have 230 quid) can see opinions of other members in pictorial form. i personally couldnt give a ###### about trades and wouldnt pay an extra 40 quid for it

5th post down ;)

It should really be; in your opinion which do you think is the best airsoft manufacturer?

No real need, as everything anyone posts in response to a question like this is ultimately their opinion - whether based on solid evidence or not - so the words "in your opinion" are implied by the nature of the question. There are no facts in the universe, there are only opinions - in my opinion :D

I choose not to answer the question as I don't feel I have enough experience to judge. I'll leave that to the likes of Snorkelman who do (in my opinion).

thanks pablo :),

the other day at college i had an argument with someone over the very thing that you have just said

he said that i needed to say in my opinion in front of everything that i said that might be concieved as a fact (b*ll*cks to that!) (IMO)

Archived