I fear for my Deagles.

Sabachthani

Just got em the other day, and the guy at the counter said he didn't have any 134a, and instead offered green gas, which he had somewhat assured me was okay with this gun.

From what I hear, it packs a heavier punch, but shortens the lifespan of the gun. I just want to know if I should go ahead give the green light to the green gas, or should I hold, order some 134a online or something, and just go with that.

If the green gas won't do -too- much to it, I might as well just use it. If it's going to wear it away to dust though...I'm more than willing to wait.

From what I hear, It's best to have a metal slide. Other then that it shouldn't effect your gun too much worse. The lifespan on my old M9 with only a metal slide and barrel never gave in. It's been a year and I know the new owner and it still hasn't broken.

But the DE DOES have a metal slide. It's just got a plastic cover over it to make it look like a DE.

The metal subframe takes the force of the recoil. so nothing should break.

As I've said before, about the worst thing that can happen if you shoot the DE with green, in hot weather, is that the piston O-ring might unseat itself.

Basically, it should be fine to shoot with green.

As snowman once said; The DE feels like it's going to break every time you shoot it with green gas but it doesn't.

Coincidentally, I was just playing with my DE last night. Even in wintery Britain, the kick from it is a bit of a shocker compared to any other GBB out there. Fun, fun, fun.

I've got 4 TM Desert Eagle Hardkick's (please don't call em Deagles), one of each colour one of each length in Metal. I also have two TM Desert Eagle Biohazard Models.

I run em all on green, even the Biohazard Models that cost me alot of money. No probems at all. You can't beat the fun of an Eagle on Green. It's comparable to the kick of a .22lr.

Just bought a new HFC .50 Desert Eagle last weekend. Have put a few hundred rounds through it with green gas and no problems at all. While I know "a few hundred rounds" is not a true test of strength, I've not heard from anyone about their having problems with green gas in Desert Eagles, unless it was very hot outside.

These are very fun pistols indeed and I find myself smiling every time I'm shooting mine.

Do you own a TM Desert Eagle?

i do not own a desert eagle, and proberly will never own one, personally i hate them, but there are quite a few people that i skirmish with that have them, they run them on green gas fine, i was simply saying that in general, I would have a metal slided gbb

Right ho. That's all I wanted to find out. ;)

PWND.

ok so first off, i don't own a DE. personally to, i hate them more then my ex ( which is allot :P ). however here in Belgium ( where we have to play ) hfc143a is RARE. we only use green gas, also in plastic/ABS pistols. and i have never heard of problems. including DE's. so feel free to use green gas, it will only be more of a thrill shooting it ( which i have done on green gas :P )

cool, i think that it is all down to personal personal preference,

they would put a notice on green gas "not safe for plastic slided guns, may cause breakage or injury" surely!! it would be stupid not to! ????

all i own is metal slided gbbs, so its not a problem for me! :)

I have a HFC Deagle and i have been using green gas for 3 years and no problem, though after a year i decided to install 150% springs and a new heavy hammer spring which increased the power even more ! There was no problems to the slide or body and its completly stock !

Ive been using propane (which is just grean gas without the oils in it) in my plastic slide pistol for over a year with it being used reguarly and it has held up fine, so have all my other club members and there pistols are fine as well

guess we must be lucky of that message is prob just a disclaimer so we cant blame them if the slide does break

• 6 months later...

Hello !

Firstly,im sorry for my english,it could be bad.

I want to ask you, i cant decide between TM DE and WE Hicapa 4.3 , since there is no 134a gas availible in shops in my country, i will use Green Gas (UltrAir,or something...). And im afraid of slide-breaking on the TM DE,because its still plastic. But i just love the look of DE,its gorgeous,amazing,wonderful,dangerous,scary,awesome...its Desert Eagle,i love it.

Will that TM DE hold on Green for a couple of years (2-3 at least) with silicone lubing after each skirmish(or after each shot,if necessary,hehe) ?

Or i should get the full metal WE Hicapa ?

Is it really true hat DE has a internal metal slide ?

Can someone post a photo of it ?

Im a bit afraid of WE,because i want a reliable gun,not a gun that put my expensive gas through each hole wich it got :D

Thank you very much !

Archived