Halo ODST Marine loadout

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, thanks you two :P I'm currently painting logos onto the armour, just to see if it looks okay like that.

I should post up pics in a couple of hours :D But bear in mind that it's only the first trial, if it looks awful, I'll be altering it more severely. Also, at this stage im not trying to create an identical replica of the armour from the pics, just something that resembles/represents it.

As promised, some early photos -

post-11376-1203549119_thumb.jpg- a close up of the logo that I painted onto the breast plate

post-11376-1203548678_thumb.jpg - full length of what I have so far

post-11376-1203548728_thumb.jpg - a close up of the back

I'm going to dye my gloves back, and I am planning on finding/making some plates for my thighs (kinky :P )

Cheers for the video link, Boxmag, that's fantastic!

Two things, does anyone know where I can get the resin/plastic stuffs that he used?

Also, I'm worried about how difficult it might be to make the original model of the helmet.

Oh, and the cost, lol. I mean, don't get me wrong, it would look simply AWESOME if it worked properly, much as they do in the video. But with no experience of moulding, or anything similar, I'm concerned that I might simply be wasting money, lol. I mean, of course I could give it a shot, but I'm not convinced.

Adding a paintball mask could be a much cheaper option, but I'm not sure it would work for adding the actual enclosing helmet very well.

Oh, and Buzzsaw, I just picked up some used Motorcross armour from ebay, I'm not sure what the brand is. If I were you, I'd just keep an eye on ebay for it, just search 'motorcross armour' you'd be amazed at the amount and variety that there is. My set cost me about £15, lol. What do you think of it so far?

EDIT: I've stopped being lazy, and have found out where to get the stuff from the 405th site :)

Yeah they used to sell UNSC boonie hats at the bungie store, but they've disappeared a while back, should've bought one when I ahd the chance.

But on a big scale making things is much more forgiving than say warhammer models, I reckon you'd be ok using modelling clay, because you can change it if you make a mistake.

I once made a master chief from a spacemarine and green stuff, he looks a bit chubby.

The guy in the video makes it hard (and expensive) for himself with the mould making. Just mix up some alginate in a sealed box big enough for the helmet and dunk it in. When its set take the whole thing out the box and make your cuts, remove the helmet. Put the mould back in the box to keep it rigid and then cast away.

http://www.tiranti.co.uk/index.asp are probably your best bet for sourcing materials in the UK.

Archived