Stargate in field next to M6 WTF?

gisburn20

Now at first I thought I was seeing things but I drove past it twice today , in a field next to the M6

(about a mile south of junction 2, on the left as you head up northbound)

Is a full size mock up of a Stargate ( nice access ramps, both sides to run up and launch yourself through from) surrounded by barricades made from pallets and big round hay bales , there is also what looks like a safezone and or shop/clubhouse.

Who's is this ? I cant find anything on the web about this , and I want to play there! , I dont care if it is even p..p.. paintball.

I want to play this place , anyone got a link or address or something?

Cheers , Jim

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that much help but I also got sent the following:

It's been going up for about the last 5 or so weeks, I pass it regularly

It looks like its setting up for a LARP/Paintball/Airsoft of some kind.

I keep meaning to try get to it and ask the peeps there whats the story,, I see it only has 4 chevrons (12-3-6-9 o'clock positions) but seems like ther is some gylp details :)

My search for the owner continues ;)

If you had any class you'd build a circular pond and make the surround in the shape of a stargate.

For ultimate realism you could fit a HP air hose under the water for that genuine "incoming wormhole" look. :D

Beyond that, I got my P90 and my green bomber jacket. Where do I sign up?

If you had any class you'd build a circular pond and make the surround in the shape of a stargate.

For ultimate realism you could fit a HP air hose under the water for that genuine "incoming wormhole" look. :D

ROFL, "incoming wormhole" = fish straight to the BBQ :P

So there's a replica stargate knocking around England? Well I hope it's not in the hands of paintballers...filthy filthy paintballers covering everything in their sludge.

So there's a replica stargate knocking around England? Well I hope it's not in the hands of paintballers...filthy filthy paintballers covering everything in their sludge.

I would have thought that Lasertaggers were more likely than paintballers as I get the impression the latter seem to be desperate to become a "serious" sport.

I know a group who do have a gate, however they are based in a totally differant area (much further south) there are other groups around trying to do stargate style games so it could be one of them. It could equally be another paintball site that has used it as a gimmick to bring in customers.

Got this from a friend:

What about?

http://www.predatorsport.co.uk/index.html

Looking up the postcode and following these directions from their

site on Google Maps.

"Predatorsport Paintball, Mobbs Wood Farm, Brinklow Road, Ansty,

Coventry, CV7 9JN

From the M6

From junction 2 of the M6 follow the B4065 through Ansty then turn

right to join the B4029, pass Ansty golf centre and take the left for

Nettle Hill & Mobbs wood farm, follow the track until you pick up the

signs ."

I see it's located just North of the M6, not far from junction 2 so

if they have anything in one of the fields there it may be visible

from the motorway.

Wrong motorway but a friend sent me this Wakefield site link and there is a Stargate there, about halfway down the page. It's paintball and lasertag though.

I've played paintball there a few times and also at one of their big games in 2006 (I think it was called Staargate Scenario or something with Staargate being a deliberate mis-spelling) and the site is absolutely ma-hoo-sive. It's a very hilly wooded area but still with plenty of flat terrain with a lot of areas that would make a snipers paradise. There are numerous rat-runs that seem to have been bedded in by players over the years that make great tunnels and stuff, great for ambushes. Afraid I haven't got any pictures of my own, although I did manage to find someone elses pictures.

http://www.mattpritchard.co.uk/gallery.php?set=Staargate2K5

On a final note - It would make a fantastic airsoft site, if it isn't already one, that is.

I passed the site last weekend and its to the south of the M6 so must be a differant one, also had a SUPAIR field set on site, looking more like paintball site with speedball field.

Ah, cheers. The info came from a friend I mentioned this to. She's not an airsofter or paintballer but is a massive Stargate fan and has been researching to try to figure out where it might be!

What's a SUPAIR field?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I was looking at the stats for my website and a link brought me to this forum as a few of you have visited my site, I can confirm that we are a paintball site located just off J2 of the M6 and yes we do have a full size stargate replica built in the field although its just not quite finished yet. When its finished it will have chevrons that both light up and set of smoke flares to try to add a bit of authenticity to the game.

We have only been open for a few weeks now and this game is proving to be quite a hit.

Archived