land warrior kinda

aimpoint

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for "necroposting" but I'd like to add to this topic. I've already put together a similar LW rig. I'm looking for ways to improve on it. I'm mainly concerned about wiring as I have wires running all over my vest. Current the rig I have can record and transmit AV signals and the helmet cam can be detached and still transmit AV to the HUD. Here's a pic of the rig minus most of the wires

LandWarrior.jpg

oooh 2.4ghz wireless camera - mustve cost a bob or two - theyre quite expensive here..

thats pretty much a tidyer and more expensive setup of what i have, minus the HUD.

what do you use for the HUD? and was it expensive?

i dont think ive seen something like that other than the really clumsy consumer lcd eyescreen thing that looks daft and requires much battery juice..

is there a way to make this system such that it doesn't require recording but will transmit the image to a display, much like seeing the picture on your LCD on a DV cam without having a memory card in.. yanno? or plugging your DV straight into the TV ... yeah.. i duno.. thinking not since all the rigs ive seen use a recording medium thus far..

is there a way to make this system such that it doesn't require recording but will transmit the image to a display, much like seeing the picture on your LCD on a DV cam without having a memory card in.. yanno? or plugging your DV straight into the TV ...  yeah.. i duno.. thinking not since all the rigs ive seen use a recording medium thus far..

You can do this by hooking-up the camera to a transmitter and leaving the receiver behind and hooking that up to a TV or an LCD screen. The only problem with leaving the receiver behind is the probable loss of signal integrity. Since current range specs are LOS(line of sight) this means absolutely no obstruction and ideal weather conditions for maximun range. Rolling terrain and dense wooded areas will greatly affect your transmitting distance. For greater range, shop for a transmitter with high mW output. However, these transmitters may require you to have a license to own/operate. instead of getting a high mW output transmitter, an alternative is to have a 'relay' transmitter or a high-gain antenna(yagi). In the 'relay' setup, the transmitter you are carrying will broadcast to the relay and in turn the relay will transmit to the base receiver hooked up to the TV/LCD. The yagi antenna is a good compromise but for maximum efficiency it needs to be pointed at your general direction.

P.S.

You can skip the recorder and just hook-up the camera to the HUD or any other viewing device. I initially tested it without the DVR and hooked up the receiver to my TV. I just added the DVR when I got to the field.

This is called the X-10 I believe is loads three magazines max at one time, with a selector switch to go from each one. They contain, each, hollow point rounds, normal, and explosive rounds which you can set at a certain range and they explode. Rarely not enough to do any real damage to anyone just used to blow doors and wondows or wall. It would be against NATO and Geneva to shoot those into people.It hooks up a video feed to the warrior so he can shoot around targets without being there. It will be part of the the S.W.O.R.D.S project which takes our (US) soldiers out of the line of fire. It also, the coolest part, if, a soldier gets shot it detects the speed of thr rounds, what kind of rounds, how far it went in. It also features a system so they can see the map of where they are. This is the ultimate 1337z0r suit. Just Remember, It Ain't Britain's!

Im sorry if this is to much real steel talk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if this has been siad, i'm retarted. but couldn't you just use mirrors to bounce the image from a screen canabalised from a camcorder to a smaller thing. just dremel a slot in the helmet for the screen, and then just build a corridor of mirrors to bounce the image where it's needed. and with a two way objective mirror, you can see both things. and to change the size just use lenses!

yeah my only issue with that kind of thing was ruggedness and what happnes when you hit something head first - the assembly goes in your face? eye?

i mean, yeah in real life they have systems that are similar - using prisms/mirrors and whatnot, but they can also afford to have them 'crash freindly'..

it would certainly sort out the bulky business though, leaving tha out of sight

my friend just made one of these i will see if i can get pictures. He has mounted a small security camera to his G36 that is linked to a small LCD that he has attached to his helmut. I have never accually used it in a skirmish but i have put the whole rig on and used it to look around corners. It is really cool.

• 2 weeks later...
my friend just made one of these i will see if i can get pictures.  He has mounted a small security camera to his G36 that is linked to a small LCD that he has attached to his helmut.  I have never accually used it in a skirmish but i have put the whole rig on and used it to look around corners.  It is really cool.

Sounds painful, I suppose you could cable tie it on or clip it to a "Prince Albert".

Archived