land warrior kinda

aimpoint

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and if i finish it :P

*update* i have a rough (and i mean rough :) ) mock shell for the gun cam made up wont be posting any pics tho because its a suprise, iv borrowed the "look" of the thing from the newer xm29 prototypes looks quite nice on m4 (well i think so anyway) it will house a red dot sight, probly a reflex type one and the gun cam itself and should, fingers crossed bolt directly onto the m4s top rail once i make a proper shell which may take a week or so. right back to work

o this is a pic of the newer XM29 aka the OICW also shows the land warrior system in use

post-340-1102462929_thumb.jpg

thats a cool pic.

unless i find a cheap easy to mod screen with a high enough res to be useful.. i'll probably take a backseat on this..

my main cameras will be on my helmet, connected to my pvr / camcorder - both are viewable, the pvr moreso [because its small and light and fits in a medic pouch]

the gun cam - either one taped on or my AN/PEQ camera/mic also connected to and/or pvr/camcorder.

i found, on viewing back videos, that the gun cam is less satisfying to watch, though it should prove very useful as the chap in aimpoint's image shows - for looking round corners without getting your head shot off..

(but some games/sites count weapon hits as 'kills' which is why i havent used it that much for that purpose..)

and if i finish it :P

*update* i have a rough (and i mean rough :) ) mock shell for the gun cam made up wont be posting any pics tho because its a suprise, iv borrowed the "look" of the thing from the newer xm29 prototypes looks quite nice on m4 (well i think so anyway) it will house a red dot sight, probly a reflex type one and the gun cam itself and should, fingers crossed bolt directly onto the m4s top rail once i make a proper shell which may take a week or so. right back to work

o this is a pic of the newer XM29 aka the OICW also shows the land warrior system in use

post-340-1102462929_thumb.jpg

that gun looks like the "Super Dragon," out of Perfect Dark... that's one more mystery gun from that game found.

PS. If anyone makes a landwarrior airsoft system, I'll fly anywhere to play with them.

heh.

Ghost Recon 2 features this weapon system too..

with the drop in price of dv camcorders etc, its not going to be long till someone can actually build a workable but cheap landwarrior type system of srts, if only for observation/recce etc rather than guided-bb's.. :)

I haven't read the whole thread so maybe you're past this, but anyway...

Surely all you need is a micro-camera of the sort which can be bought from eBay for about £12 and then buy an LCD TV with a video-in socket (about £70) and you're almost done?

I'd recommend using a b&w camera rather than a colour one cos b&w cameras work better with IR illumination, meaning you can add an IR illuminator and you've got an NV system as well.

Ideally, you'd want to butcher the LCD TV and fit an adjustable convex lens in front of it so you can actually see the picture without ruining your eyes.

IR illuminator a, i hadent though of that :huh: i may do that as an *add-on* when i get the project finished

the problem with lcd screens is that there not small enough and the ones that are cost a lot if you spot any anywere give me a shout

i wouldnt fly all the way to cornwall mate,horrible weather down here dispite what all the weather forcasts say :lol:

Good luck with the project, aimpoint.

IF you get the bucks you can get the proview SO35 monocular from that inition website, but if you really get lucky with someone in industry, like Crye Associates...you'll get their CVC helmet with integral camera...http://www.cryeassociates.com/work/13.htm

is there really that many people interested in this lol :huh:

due to lack of funds at the moment with driving lessons,bus fair to college each week,christmas,getting my camcorder fixed(thanks to my sis <_<) ect ect the gun sight is just going to be a bolt on job now as im kinda skint at the moment :rolleyes::unsure:

however the project is still going strong and the screen should be arriving soon so il post up a update when it arrives ;)

is there really that many people interested in this lol :huh:

due to lack of funds at the moment with driving lessons,bus fair to college each week,christmas,getting my camcorder fixed(thanks to my sis <_<) ect ect the gun sight is just going to be a bolt on job now as im kinda skint at the moment :rolleyes::unsure:

however the project is still going strong and the screen should be arriving soon so il post up a update when it arrives  ;)

MORE INFO!!!!!

*waits for progress of project so this user can use it for XM8 - OICW project with Crye Precision multicam outfit and armor GR2 style*

seen that - wouldnt last 2 minutes in the usual kind of skirmish conditions [rain, snow, mud, falling about, being hit, etc]

recorders like the mustek is ok, but youre essentially limited to the kind of ways of using it as any normal person with a camcorder is - ie. you have to stop shooting..with a gun.. and start shooting with a camera..

at least with the landwarrior style thing - as aimpoint is suggesting, and as i already do - you can carry on fighting without worrying about filming..

the benefit of the mustek though, over normal camcorders, is that it uses solid state components - ie. no mechanical parts to be bumped and jolted around - which causes a lot of problems on normal camcorders; not to mention theyre fairly small and light too.

and ive seen people tape these.. to their guns, to their box mags, to their heads..

okay, that guy built a targeting device or somesuch on his version - in airsoft..hmm.. you dont really need it, unless you really are going with a dedicated weapon-fitted, zeroed & sighted weapon/remote aiming device..

because in some games i attend 'weapon hits count as kills' and 'no blind firing round corners' [ie pointing your weapon round a corner without your head with it] this type of weapon..might..possibly be of use [ie. you are not technically blind] but also makes it very very vulnerable.

it makes a good recce device though..

Archived