how to carry pistol when wearing a ghillie suit

firelord

because its got trousers, perhaps a hip holster would be a good idea. i use a concealment vest and that allows me to use a thigh holster but im going to replace it because im so skinny that the holster rotates round to the front of my thigh when i crawl on my hands and knees, which i end up doing alot.

am thinking about having mine mounted on the front of a chest rig nice and high to the left, that way my hand has less of a distance to travel therefore less movement to be spotted.

But i suppose if you are wearing a ghillie with a full front then cutting a hole and haveing a belt mount would be better.

I gave away my drop leg (it didn't fit my tiny legs :mellow: ). Instead, I use either a minimal wyvern webbing set and use the left hand ammo pouch (on my left hip) to fit my pistol. Or I use a SAAV and fit the pistol in one of the front magazine pouches.

If I am not using either rig, I just carry the pistol in an inside jacket pocket.

The webtex concealment vest is basicly a cloak and has a belt at the waist. This really means you struggle to use a belt kit and cannot place items behind the hip bone, if you want to actually access them.

I know its unconventional, but it works for me having my pistol on my front. I very rarely need to speed draw and often just get my pistol out when moving through dense terrain or near ridgelines. I also get it out if I decide to lay an ambush and put it next to my hand. Despite going prone for ambush, it is rare I actually crawl and this suits the position of my pistol.

If your kit allows a belt kit then that is what I recommend.

Good Hunting ;)

Firelord, with the full jacket solution that you are using / planning to use, the hip holster is the way to go. Make sure it's a good fit though and has a security strap [which is easy to manually disengage but secure enough not to pop by itself].

I tried a leg holster but I got tired of cleaning dust, dirt and sometimes even clay out of my leg holster and gun. Similar to The Bushman, I now use a front pocket of my SAAV vest but I stuffed my hip holster [Glock 17] into the front left large ammo pocket first, and now I can secure my sidearm into the holster inside that pocket and store may second mag in there also. I'm right handed, so it's on the left and it it works really well so far.

Good Hunting

i wear a belt rig with a harness under my ghillie

the radio pouch sits almost directly in them middle of the belt at the back with the headset wire running up the back of the harness.

works perfectly. as the wire doesnt get tangled any where.

on my L96 there was enough room to mount a small holster on the stock and put a Glock26C in it without it getting in the way, VSR stock is a little small though, might give it another go one day but atm my current rig seems to work fine.

omg thats genious! although, i doubt my USP will fit on the stock. i do keep my speed loader strapped to the side of it with elastic.

are there any other options other than drop leg, for when using a concealment vest. im getting fed up with my drop leg making my drag my pistol in the mud

are there any other options other than drop leg, for when using a concealment vest. im getting fed up with my drop leg making my drag my pistol in the mud

Hip belt as mentioned above or a vest.

Good Hunting

I also need a solution to carry my sidearm with me, and want a stock holster for my Tanaka M700 A.I.C.S....

Has anyone seen a holster that can fix to a stock? I've tried google, and searching, but nothing.

Might have to modify a drop-leg to fit...

Ben.

I have my Holster sewn into my jacket under my armpit hanging upside down the holster has my burlap tied into it so as not to show. I found with the pistol mounted here it's out of the way in any position I'm in, and I can get it out very fast. with very little movement.

Doom

I also need a solution to carry my sidearm with me, and want a stock holster for my Tanaka M700 A.I.C.S....

Has anyone seen a holster that can fix to a stock? I've tried google, and searching, but nothing.

Might have to modify a drop-leg to fit...

Ben.

i used a cheap viper holster at the time (i was poor) and i used 2 webbing straps around the stock with buckles to secure it.

now i would probably do the same but use a better securer holster.

Archived