New CA sportslines are out

Mr.Hyde

The next waves of sportslines just came out last week.

B&T MP5 full stock

M15a4 rifle

M15A4 full stock carbine

Airsoftatlanta.com and airsoftextreme have them so far.I kinda like the MP5 and price myself. Anyone got one yet? First impressions and internals?

Also when are the sportsline P90s coming out ^_^?

Actually, the CA Sportslines are pretty good for anyone that needs a donor gun for a Body kit. I bought one for my new MRP and have been very happy with the results so far. When the gun costs about $120, it's a lot more affordable than buying a TM Armalite and stripping that to be a donor. Plus, I'm kind of sick of lending my $1000+ guns to people in need of a loaner, and I'm planning on buying one or two of the Sportslines for that very purpose. That way if they get beat to hell, at $120 per gun, I'm not gonna cry over it.

So while they're not made of "WOW" and "HOLY CR@P THAT'S AWESOME!!!" they're pretty good for what you pay. All the ones I've come across were GTG right out of the box.

The next time a friend of mine who's never tried the sport before and would like to give it a go while keeping to a budget, I'm definitely going to suggest a CA Sportsline.

I cant say that I am thrill with yet more MP5s and M4s either, but the sportslines are pretty good. They make a great upgrade platform.

Plus it tells us that the other CA guns are on the way. MP5K sounds good to me.

Im glad that there are more sportlines coming out although i will say one negative.

The price of the sportline mp5 is too high. The full metal version is only about 220-230 dollars. Why would you want a gun made entirely of plastic for 70 dollars less?

Actually, the CA Sportslines are pretty good for anyone that needs a donor gun for a Body kit. I bought one for my new MRP and have been very happy with the results so far. When the gun costs about $120, it's a lot more affordable than buying a TM Armalite and stripping that to be a donor. Plus, I'm kind of sick of lending my $1000+ guns to people in need of a loaner, and I'm planning on buying one or two of the Sportslines for that very purpose. That way if they get beat to hell, at $120 per gun, I'm not gonna cry over it.

You mind as well say that same thing about JG/Echo1's. It's not like CA Sportlines are SO much better then them anyways.

You mind as well say that same thing about JG/Echo1's. It's not like CA Sportlines are SO much better then them anyways.

True, but a lot of retailers don't give you guarantee for clones. Most of them say the risk is on the buyer. So if you buy a clone and it's FUBAR straight out of the box, then you're SOL. The same does not apply to CA guns. Don't get me wrong... I'm not a fan of CA guns and never have been. The CA Sportsline donor was my first CA gun purchase EVER. But I like the idea of getting a super cheap gun that has a certain amount of warranty on it and not be too worried if some noob mistreats it a little. Plus, even though the clones are pretty cheap, because they're made of metal I have this innate need to treat them with a certain amount of care. For me, the same does not apply to plastic. Crazy world huh? :P

Homer-Sleep.jpg

agreed.

-Joe

Third.

If I want a cheap plastic one, I'll just go and take a JG or Galaxy, or something else chinese.

Especially for loaners. :)

This CA sportline thing is NOT cheap.

I'd rather buy a TM then just for the quality, especially when it's about a P90.

Third.

If I want a cheap plastic one, I'll just go and take a JG or Galaxy, or something else chinese.

Especially for loaners. :)

This CA sportline thing is NOT cheap.

I'd rather buy a TM then just for the quality, especially when it's about a P90.

Your comment still doesn't address the fact that most retailers won't guarantee clones like JG or Galaxy. Whereas with the CA Sportsline, if it goes belly up in a game within the first month of purchase (which is entirely possible) I can take it back to the retailer and have them fix it or replace it. If I tried that with a clone, the sales clerk would shrug his shoulders and say to me, that's the risk you take when you buy a clone. Also, you mention TM over the Sportsline. From what I've seen so far the Sportsline M4 series has been pretty reliable with good internals. TM is very reliable with good internals. CA M15A4 Sportline Carbine costs $125 from AEX and shoots 310-330 out of the box. A TM M4 Carbine costs $275 from AEX and shoots 270-280 out of the box. The cost of the TM is more than double that of the CA. Can anyone really say that it would cost $150 to bring the CA Sportsline up to the same relative standard as that of the TM M4? :huh:

My point still stands. Would you rather lend a $125 loaner with a retailer guarantee to a noob or a $275 loaner with a retailer guarantee? The same applies to the donor gun: $125 or $275? And like I pointed out before, if a friend of mine new to the sport wanted to buy an AEG but had an extremely tight budget (whether that be due to a tight wallet, uncertainty about long term interest in the sport, a wife with a tight leash, or a family to care for), I'd still suggest the CA Sportsline over a clone.

Regarding P90s, TBH they're just never been my taste. That being said it still hasn't been released yet and all the pics we've seen so far were samples. We still have no idea about final aesthetic and performance quality when compared to the TM. As far as I'm concerned, there's still too many unknowns to be outright boycotting a product that hasn't been released yet. If it comes out and sucks so be it. Regardless, all my comments so far in this thread have pertained to the Armalite series of the Sportsline Series and as much as I'm not a fan of CA, I definitely see validity in this series of AEGs.

Well, I have to say...like it or not, not everyone has had a good time with CA sportlines. That said, in the UK right now you can get TM packages that are something like £20 or £30 more than a CA......personally, this is the way I'd go from now on...for an extra £xx I'm gonna get a reliable gun, with proven internals...that while they may not blow a hole in my opponent, they will lay down a constant and reliable rain of plastic to keep him at bay!

I know what you mean about loan out guns....my advice, don't do it! Why should you have to sponsor someone elses interest in a new sport?!?! To be honest, I did this for a while, and while my "friends" may not be as good as yours, people will never treat borrowed equipment with the same respect as their own. If on the rare occasions that I do now lend out gear, I make it clear that if it comes back in a state, they pay for it! This might seem a bit harsh, but when you see someone do a "break roll" and use your rifle as a cushion, it tends to harden your outlook!

A wise man once told me off for complaining, and explained in the nicest way...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

1) If you're using the gun as a donor for a project the warranty won't matter.

2) If you're "into" airsoft enough to carry loaner guns for friends, you're probably smart enough to fix a JG gun that doesn't work properly.

3) Echo 1 offer a warranty in the USA.

4) CA sportline guns aren't terribly reliable.

5) Regardless of what they're made of, or how good they are, they're still M4zz and MP5zz.

6) For a guy who doesn't care for CA guns, you seem to have responded to every negative post in this thread. You like them. Great. Go buy one and leave the thread for everybody else to post their opinion without having you trying to debate the point. :rolleyes:

2) If you're "into" airsoft enough to carry loaner guns for friends, you're probably smart enough to fix a JG gun that doesn't work properly.

2nd! its not that hard once you're used to it. after all 95% is al the same inside.

So for loaners I'd buy JG's or cyma's. If the body brakes, no biggie, buy a new one and keep the rest for parts. :)

3) Echo 1 offer a warranty in the USA.

4) CA sportline guns aren't terribly reliable.

5) Regardless of what they're made of, or how good they are, they're still M4zz and MP5zz.

6) For a guy who doesn't care for CA guns, you seem to have responded to every negative post in this thread. You like them. Great. Go buy one and leave the thread for everybody else to post their opinion without having you trying to debate the point. :rolleyes:

1) Warranties are upheld when the store does the transplant. (Where I shop anyway).

2) I've come across too many internal QC issues in the past to waste another dime on them. Perhaps things have changed and I need to take another look at them.

3) Was not aware of that.

4) Matter of opinion. I've heard different from others. You're stating it as a fact. I'm stating it as opinion. Perhaps I need to be more clear on that point in the future.

5) ???

6) It seems legitimate to respond to other people's comments when they are directly stating I'm in the wrong. As I have done so with your comments. I don't have issue with people having a differing opinion to my own, but when they make statements that are in regards to my own, it only seems polite to respond accordingly.

:rolleyes:

But that's fine. Everyone has their own opinion and I'm totally okay with that. Personally I have no problems with more and more airsoft guns infusing the market. If that's what it takes for a company like CA to try and remain competitive with the Mainland based cloners, so be it. If it doesn't sell well, then we'll probably see less of these in the future.

According to atlanta airsoft, these models are WAY to dangerous. "Shoots .20 BBs at 320350 FPS out of the box" Who needs 320,000 FPS?

I assume that's the sportline orbital kinetic energy weapon :)

DarkMM

:flamed:

Guys, where the heck are you getting your price quotes for JG guns? 99% of the models that ive seen run from between 120 and 150 dollars. Im sorry but all you theoretical ninjas out there need to step back and realize that the 90 dollar price tags from HK retailers really work out to about the SAME domestic cost after shipping.

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that the CA sportlines meet or exceed the performance of a TM in every way possible. The internals are basically the same the only difference is that the TM has a slightly better piston and the motor is infinitely better. Everything else is essentially the same and if you deny that then you're a loon thats probably never been inside a gearbox before.

Are the tolerances tighter on the marui gun, probably but not by much because every sportline ive come across (and i guarantee ive opened up more than most people have on this board...) has been shimmed just as well as a marui.

There is no denying that the sportlines are well put together. Some guns have problems but what line doesnt? Even Marui guns have problems every now and then. The difference is that there are tons of cheap clones floating around and very few marui these days. For arguments sake, i had my buddies TM m4a1 new type pack in after only 3k rounds, stripped sector gear. That is one of maybe FIVE tm guns at the local site whereas we have upwards of 150 CA's.

Let me go on record here and say that i do NOT like CA. I think their m15 line is a monstrosity. I do not like the finish on their metal guns and the gearboxes are out of spec pieces of turd. Their newly revised "CQB" style gearboxes have changed that idea of thought something fierce, they are basically the same thing as a Systema box, the only difference being the material the gears are made out of.

I do however think that the sportlines are excellent. They offer an excellent value for the dollar and they're far more rigid than any TM or JG gun due to the way in which the upper and lower lock together. Im sorry but JG and their archaic tabs can go screw themselves.

USMC, im right here with ya dude, i believe that the sportlines are excellent and i am by no means a fan of CA. I still do think that the price of the sportline mp5 needs to come down a few dollars.

True, but a lot of retailers don't give you guarantee for clones. Most of them say the risk is on the buyer. So if you buy a clone and it's FUBAR straight out of the box, then you're SOL. The same does not apply to CA guns. Don't get me wrong... I'm not a fan of CA guns and never have been. The CA Sportsline donor was my first CA gun purchase EVER. But I like the idea of getting a super cheap gun that has a certain amount of warranty on it and not be too worried if some noob mistreats it a little. Plus, even though the clones are pretty cheap, because they're made of metal I have this innate need to treat them with a certain amount of care. For me, the same does not apply to plastic. Crazy world huh? :P

Ah good point. Then it'll make a great loaner because if you keep it stock and it breaks, you can just warrante' it.

Guys, where the heck are you getting your price quotes for JG guns? 99% of the models that ive seen run from between 120 and 150 dollars. Im sorry but all you theoretical ninjas out there need to step back and realize that the 90 dollar price tags from HK retailers really work out to about the SAME domestic cost after shipping.

I pay in euros and thanks to the USD, I shop cheap :D

I literally have more value for money :D

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that the CA sportlines meet or exceed the performance of a TM in every way possible. The internals are basically the same the only difference is that the TM has a slightly better piston and the motor is infinitely better. Everything else is essentially the same and if you deny that then you're a loon thats probably never been inside a gearbox before.

All chinese and CA airsoft guns use the same gears, not TM those are different. I learned this at a workshop regrading the origin of stock parts, tuning and maintenance. But if it makes a differnce? don't know.

Sure CA's shoot harder, but harder does not mean better.

Are the tolerances tighter on the marui gun, probably but not by much because every sportline ive come across (and i guarantee ive opened up more than most people have on this board...) has been shimmed just as well as a marui.

There is no denying that the sportlines are well put together. Some guns have problems but what line doesnt? Even Marui guns have problems every now and then. The difference is that there are tons of cheap clones floating around and very few marui these days. For arguments sake, i had my buddies TM m4a1 new type pack in after only 3k rounds, stripped sector gear. That is one of maybe FIVE tm guns at the local site whereas we have upwards of 150 CA's.

You can prove anything with statistics, 90% of all people know that. ;) I've seen more CA break than TM. But that's also because there are more CA in the field than TMs, oh wait a minute. :unsure:

Let me go on record here and say that i do NOT like CA. I think their m15 line is a monstrosity. I do not like the finish on their metal guns and the gearboxes are out of spec pieces of turd. Their newly revised "CQB" style gearboxes have changed that idea of thought something fierce, they are basically the same thing as a Systema box, the only difference being the material the gears are made out of.

So they cloned that as well, nice. (wait is CA a clone company? :unsure: )

I do however think that the sportlines are excellent. They offer an excellent value for the dollar and they're far more rigid than any TM or JG gun due to the way in which the upper and lower lock together. Im sorry but JG and their archaic tabs can go screw themselves.

USMC, im right here with ya dude, i believe that the sportlines are excellent and i am by no means a fan of CA. I still do think that the price of the sportline mp5 needs to come down a few dollars.

I am beginning to think that the US gets all the good CA's and we in Europe all the good JG's. :P

and about the guarantee. A lot of retailers don't give a damn about that. I go shop in a store where I get no guarantee, I know that, I don't care, He's got good prices never had something broken from the start.

Other shops with guarantee are more expensive (some of them up to 50%), and when it comes to it it's like "sorry it's your fault it's broken." no thanks. <_<

Well, call me pedantic...but first you state that CA Sportlines exceed or meet the performance of a TM in every way!!...but you then state that the TM has a better piston and motor....slap me and call me Betty, but that ain't every way, is it?

Coming down from the pedantic horse. Theres nothing wrong with liking the Sportlines....hell, you can even love em if you want. Theres no argument, simple fact that not everyone feels the same.

I think you know my story from an earlier thread, so I don't need to go there again. The point of fact is that I'm not alone in my experience. Thats it, point....CA Sportlines can't be "Gods gift to airsoft"...its just an average plastic bodied AEG that sometimes comes out of HK working nice and sometimes doesn't!

The key point here is this (for me at least)....if I buy a rifle from a company, or from a specific line from a company, and it drops me in the Kak...whats the incentive to repeat that purchasing strategy? Now, I'm just one person, so no sleep loss for CA on that score....but multiply me by 1000, or even 10,000...and thats where the true issue is.

I bet loads of people rushed out and bought a Sportline when they first came out, some got burned and some didn't.....just judging from this thread, it seems more people got burned then got a decent gun.....

...now, if you deny that then you're a loon ;)

Sorry, i dont really find value in picking apart peoples wording too often.

I apologize for the blanket statement in regards to the sportline being better in every way than a TM. I just felt like being honest and open. When i see something worth noting im going to put it out there.

How is it that most people in this thread have been burned by sportlines? Id say its about 50/50 which seems about right and is consistent with almost every brand of gun out there.

I never denied that CA was a clone company, they certainly are so im not sure why you brought that up.

Archived