custom fit mask

heroshark

I haven't made one with mesh in as of yet .The slotted designs seem to work very well though. Theres a few I've made for people using shooting glasses ,and they've all been happy with the performance...

How does the neck-strap work on the "Lecter" mask (post 304)?

I'm thinking solid directly in front of the teeth, with either slots or a mesh panel to the sides...

...I had a tooth badly chipped before, so I'm paranoid :D

Maybe we should take this to PM (but then again, most of this discussion is probably useful to others).

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does the neck-strap work on the "Lecter" mask (post 304)?

I'm thinking solid directly in front of the teeth, with either slots or a mesh panel to the sides...

...I had a tooth badly chipped before, so I'm paranoid :D

Maybe we should take this to PM (but then again, most of this discussion is probably useful to others).

not great tbh. I have 2 seperate straps on it now .It pulled down too much. I would advise the vents to be at the front ,to let the breat flow freely.The construction is very solid .I could even add extra layers ,if you want :). Infact I could do 2 large meshed cutouts either side , and I could use some heavy fine mesh I have .Its no good for looking through, but it would work great for a heavy duty vent.

not great tbh. I have 2 seperate straps on it now .It pulled down too much. I would advise the vents to be at the front ,to let the breath flow freely.The construction is very solid .I could even add extra layers ,if you want :). Infact I could do 2 large meshed cutouts either side , and I could use some heavy fine mesh I have .Its no good for looking through, but it would work great for a heavy duty vent.

From the quality of your work, I wouldn't think it would need any reinforcement at the front...

...but the rest sounds spot on.

Which really would signal that this is the time to take this to PM.

have given up on making my own mask & im gonna be getting HS to make me one! cant wait to get it going as i think its gonna ge a good un!

just need to get some plaster bandage for my face mold! any ideas ware i can get some lol!

this'll do ya ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ModRoc-Plaster-of-Pa...A1%7C240%3A1318

have given up on making my own mask & im gonna be getting HS to make me one! cant wait to get it going as i think its gonna ge a good un!

just need to get some plaster bandage for my face mold! any ideas ware i can get some lol!

this'll do ya ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ModRoc-Plaster-of-Pa...A1%7C240%3A1318

Hello

I am really impressed by the work you made. Actually I was looking for the way to realise a mask by my own. When I see this, itt seems to me that I couldn't make it by my own.

I ordered a Hockey Goalie Mask and Mesh.

heroshark, would you tell me if you can make a custom mask for me ? what do you nedd to realize it ? My face dimensions for example ?

Thanks a lot

Hello

I am really impressed by the work you made. Actually I was looking for the way to realise a mask by my own. When I see this, itt seems to me that I couldn't make it by my own.

I ordered a Hockey Goalie Mask and Mesh.

heroshark, would you tell me if you can make a custom mask for me ? what do you nedd to realize it ? My face dimensions for example ?

Thanks a lot

don't see why not :) .If you want a custom fit I need a face cast .Which you would have to do then send me, as rich is doing .The other option is my generic mask . I have also made custom masks from photos and measurments of the wearer ,based on my generic mold.

they're some fine masks ;) . Especially the detailing on yours. I guess they're made using female molds?

cheers fella,the guy uses modelling clay on a dummy head and then adds takes awy bits.then resin moulds the whole lot then puts the fibre glass on as a skin then resins the whole lot.ill give you his phone number if u want to swap chatter? hes done a few different ones so far - Army Of Two- Persian (300)- Predator and some mad panda ones for a team at our site.

thought the style looked familiar ,I think I've seen his masks on ebay . He does some good work :) .You got any shots of the front of your mask? Its a bit tie-fighter pilot/that computer game with the futuristic solidiers. Excuse my vagueness ,and lack of computer game knowlege :)

thought the style looked familiar ,I think I've seen his masks on ebay . He does some good work :) .You got any shots of the front of your mask? Its a bit tie-fighter pilot/that computer game with the futuristic solidiers. Excuse my vagueness ,and lack of computer game knowlege :)

gears of war is what youre thinking aboot

post-15884-1238447783_thumb.jpg

and lights oot

post-15884-1238447841_thumb.jpg

...Which really would signal that this is the time to take this to PM.

So, after not very long at all, HS has sent me exactly what I wanted, what a star!

To clarify, I asked for it unpainted, that element at least is down to me, so don't blame HS if you don't like the paint-job...

...maybe not to every-ones taste, but, what I asked for (minimal; lightweight; protects teeth; easy to breath through; works with ESS ICE2.4):

DSC00142.jpg

pics or it didnt happen.... :P

great masks by the way.. im going to have a crack at a skirmishable predator mask.. ;)

12,570 views , 368 replies ,and your the first to ask .Pat on the back to you sir, for being the first to focus on the fundamentals of this thread .Yes it did, and no you can't :D .Good luck with your project. Feel free to as me any mask making questions though :)

Well, here's some pics of my scout lid.

It's pretty much 99% finished. Certainly finished enough for me to Skirmish in.

If I was to make it 'perfect' I'd paint the inside of the shroud, fit some mesh to the ears (which I may still do) and tidy up some of the flashing.

Next is going to be a black version for my StormCommando (or possibly a Camo version). That way I won't stick out like the balls on a bulldog.

P1000566.jpg

P1000567.jpg

Last thing for me to do is make a cast of my Hi-Capa 4.3 so I can mount it in the boot holster.

Well, here's some pics of my scout lid.

It's pretty much 99% finished. Certainly finished enough for me to Skirmish in.

If I was to make it 'perfect' I'd paint the inside of the shroud, fit some mesh to the ears (which I may still do) and tidy up some of the flashing.

Next is going to be a black version for my StormCommando (or possibly a Camo version). That way I won't stick out like the balls on a bulldog.

Last thing for me to do is make a cast of my Hi-Capa 4.3 so I can mount it in the boot holster.

looks great :) , wheres the mesh?

Archived