custom fit mask

heroshark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just made this .basically this mask was layed up directly onto the face cast. Its compleatly un-padded ,but because of it being a direct impression of the face its not needed. The owner picked it up tonite, said it was incredibly comfortable. I said it better be its your face :D

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

i first ask the person to wear a shower cap then grease up the eyebrows and lashes. i then smother the face with alginate making sure that i leave small holes on the nostrils. after the alginate cures i then put plaster over it that will support the alginate mold.

after removing the mold i pour plaster in it then thats it. i apply clay on the plaster mold like the horns. then the final step will be glassing the whole thing.

BTW the guy where i get my fiberglass supply told me that the matting similar to what you use is not good for deep contours,but based on ur work it is. i made these mask a couple of years back ago after seeing ur creations im inspired to make new batches using the same matting you used.

i first ask the person to wear a shower cap then grease up the eyebrows and lashes. i then smother the face with alginate making sure that i leave small holes on the nostrils. after the alginate cures i then put plaster over it that will support the alginate mold.

after removing the mold i pour plaster in it then thats it. i apply clay on the plaster mold like the horns. then the final step will be glassing the whole thing.

BTW the guy where i get my fiberglass supply told me that the matting similar to what you use is not good for deep contours,but based on ur work it is. i made these mask a couple of years back ago after seeing ur creations im inspired to make new batches using the same matting you used.

It is alot harder to use .It takes some getting used to ,but you'll get a stronger ,thinner ,& lighter mask . I find with realy prominant features the weave will split so I just add extra matting to those areas. Infact if you added 1-2 cloth inner layers to your masks would improuve the strength dramatically

Hi, all

I will be taking a year out from airsoft to look after my family ,as we'll be having another addition to the brood. So as a result, I won't realy be on the forum .Anybody interested in my face wear can pm me ,but I would kindly ask not to bother me unless its a genuie want .Not lots questions about what exactly I'm capable of making ,as 99% of the time I'll say "yes I can do that for you", as I like to please. If you have the money splash out on custom face wear .Tell me exactly what you want, and I'll give you a quote. If you think what you want might be expensive, and don't have alot of expendable cash, please don't pm me .As its time I have taken out to be with my family. Heres a general price guide to help. Generic half mask £30-40, full generic mask £60-90, custom half mask £40-60, custom full mask £100-150. One thing I would also like to add is .All the info on the construction of my masks ,And others techniques is right here in this thread .I would encourage all to consider making your own ,as it'll be a hell of alot cheaper for you ,as the majority of the cost is time .Plus you don't have to bother me. Hope you all enjoy my thread ,and continue to use & abuse it .Maybe even add to it with your own creations, and keep the ball rolling. Thankyou all for reading.

Cheers, Sharky :)

• 2 weeks later...

been making quite a bit recently ,and learn't something new about my masks. If you find the width of your mask too small, or too great .Warm it up for 30min on an electric heater ,or in front of a gas fire. it will soften ,and become maluble. Adjust it accordingly ,and find something to hold it in place as it cools .I find a rock an a hard place works well. And hey presto you have a better fitting mask :)

god ,I'm useless at staying off the forums :rolleyes: . Anyways, I started a mask for my girlfried before we found she was expecting, because she wanted to start playing again. I'm particulaly proud of this ,so I thought I share it with you all. Its not all of my doing. The design is of her creation .Which she'll also be painting. I think shes gonna go with making it skull like. I just did some editing ,and making. All the large openings are yet to be meshed. Heres pics :)

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

That is just beautiful. I second the idea to keep it the bone color and paint the mesh black. All these pictures just keep encouraging my mask fetish and I don't think its very healthy.... I just bought another moulded mask, good thing I don't know how to find someone nearby that could cast my face or else I'd probably have about 2 or 10 more. :P

cheers guys. I like the natural colour too ,but shes into the idea of painting it ,and doing some shading to make it look more shapely. Also theres the big grey bit on the back plate ,from some filling I did, which throws it off too

she originally drew them meaner .When I gave it its second sanding ,to get the smooth finish, I lost the eyes .An I drew them from memory .I waybe could mean them up a bit still. Anyhow the misses can give a pretty mean stare as it is :D

Hero, awesome stuff, i think i saw your cooper mask about 3 years ago at lindsey airsoft.? Thanks to this thread i've decided to make myself a mask, just one question. I guess you cut the mouth holes, slits once you've made the whole mask out of fibreglass. do you need to seal the edges after you cut the details into the mask? what do you use?

cheers,

Alema.

not really a custom mask yet, but I thought I'd drop a before picture of a molded mask. I will be getting some mesh installed over the eyes of this bad boy:

good stuff .I've see these .They look better than the sykes, and cheaper too iirc. Are they a plastic mask?

Hero, awesome stuff, i think i saw your cooper mask about 3 years ago at lindsey airsoft.? Thanks to this thread i've decided to make myself a mask, just one question. I guess you cut the mouth holes, slits once you've made the whole mask out of fibreglass. do you need to seal the edges after you cut the details into the mask? what do you use?

cheers,

Alema.

Old times :rolleyes: .Theres a pic of me on their main page, of when we first used that site. Nice to hear your having a go. Yeah all the cuts are first marked, then drilled out within the marks. I then use a set of small files to finish them off .When the holes are done ,the mask is then painted which seals it.

Archived