KJ Works GBB

TheFinn

I have recently happened upon this brand of GBB and have noticed that they are cheaper (always a selling point for me) than most TM GBB's. However, I have never really heard much about this brand, so could some one give me some info about their experiences with their own guns / link me to some reviews about them? Specifially, the model I'm after is the KJW M92.

A quick google picked up these 3 reviews of the KJW M92:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...etal_review.htm

http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com/reviews/kjw-m9-elite/

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews152495.html

Do a quick scan through the handguns section of this forum and I'm sure you'll find more info about them.

I don't really have much experience with KJW myself, but saying that I have recently picked up a second-hand KJW full metal Sig P226. I've only skirmished with it twice so far, and it is great fun to use - feels solid, nice crisp blowback, mags take green gas fine, decent hop and fairly accurate up to about 30-40m with 0.25s.

I have had an issue once or twice with the slide not cycling properly and locking because it is double feeding bbs - quick rack of the slide to drop out the offending beebs sorts that tho. Was using it yesterday at a woodland game and found it was venting more gas than usual when firing because of the cold, so my mags were running out of gas before beebs unfortunately. Saying that they had no problem holding the gas when refilling, only when firing.

Not used the KJW M92 but I own the KJW P229 and for what I want it for it's spot on :) From my expirence with other full metal GBB the slide on this one seems heavier as a result uses more gas than my other GBB (HFC M190) sometimes struggling to empty the mag of BB's. Straigt out of the box the mags are terrible they would vent after half a mag but a strip down and lube up saw them come good in the end. I should say at this point that I have only used this pistol at a site that set in a WWII bunker system and I think they reckon it's a constant 12 degrees all year round, not the best conditions for a GBB. Build quality is excellent in my opinion and it's very accurate if it's indictive of the rest of the range I don't think you'll go wrong with the M92.

Excellent guns. Had a Glock 23 and a P226 adn both have been great to use with a nice kick. Only issue is that the mags are totally dire. TM mags are meant to be compatible with the P226 so that will be my next purchase. Several team mates have the KJW M9 and it's a real beast. Kicks out about 320fps on green

KJW USP Tactical. Clone of the notoriously bad Tanaka USP with added rifling to screw a silencer on and new magazine bottom. Noisy as hell, pretty accurate, should work as long you're not doing stupid things to it. Removing the valve lock springs should help with longevity of the gun.

I've used both the KJW P226 and the KJW M9.

Loved the P226 to death, hated the KJW M9 like hell. That M9 was really utterly the worst pistol I've ever laid my hands on. Quality of my P226 was lots better.

If you want a decent M9, take the M190. If you want a really cheap M9, take the BELL M9 with the HFC mags (makes a lot of difference). Note: HFC mags shoot perfectly in the BELL, but not the other way round.

TM mags are meant to be compatible with the P226 so that will be my next purchase.

I think its the other way round is it not? The KJW 226 mags fit in the TM 226, but the TM mags don't fit in the KJW pistol. They do fit in the KJW 229 apparently however, like Romulus said.

KJW USP Tactical. Clone of the notoriously bad Tanaka USP with added rifling to screw a silencer on and new magazine bottom. Noisy as hell, pretty accurate, should work as long you're not doing stupid things to it. Removing the valve lock springs should help with longevity of the gun.

With normal use and careful handling, my KJW USP Tactical had a broken trigger and bad o-rings within a month. It's been sitting in a drawer ever since. I've had a lot of airsoft guns and a lot of GBBs. I've never been so disappointed with a gun, ever.

The KJW M9 starts out being one of my favorite GBBs on the market. It shoots hard, mildly accurate, indestructable, etc. Over time it does wear out and you have to replace it. After about 2 years of normal use, you'll probably be double/triple firing, which can be fixed by using a fresh can of gas. Still, after a couple years, they stop feeling like the indestructable piece of amazingness that they start out as.

In comparison to a KWA or KSC Glock, they are ok, but become garbage after a while. A KWA or KSC glock is much more reliable and will live much longer.

Still, if you don't mind replacing it every 2 years or so, a KJW m9 is a great gun. 2 years is an acceptable lifespan for a GBB. 1 month is not. Avoid the USP-T like the plague.

ETA: I have had a few KJW M9s, and I have found the 2 year lifespan to be prettymuch true about all of them. They are definitely worth it for what they cost, as long as you are willing to retire it after a couple years and replace it with a new one.

The only problem I've had with KJ guns is the mags tended to leak from the bottom where the bottom plate met the rest of the mag. Happened to my P14 .45 and my brothers sig 226. Both were remedied by taking the bottom plate off, putting a layer of epoxy round the seal, and then putting the plate back. This solved the problem so far. and my mags work quite well.

Note: HFC mags shoot perfectly in the BELL, but not the other way round.
Not true, I own both HFC and Bell M9s, a friend of mine has a KJW M9, you can swap the mags anyway you like and they still work! The only gripe with Bell M9s are *suitcasey* springs - get a replacement set, especially for the hammer spring.

Not true, I own both HFC and Bell M9s, a friend of mine has a KJW M9, you can swap the mags anyway you like and they still work! The only gripe with Bell M9s are *suitcasey* springs - get a replacement set, especially for the hammer spring.

Well, my BELL mag definitely did not work in my HFC. But that's maybe just due to poor quality control.

I use TM mags in my KJW P226 and they work very well .You may reuire to lightly sand a little of the paint down though as TM have a tight fit in the KJW in most cases although one of mine was fine .

The KJW M9 is really stunning , it's just a shame I lost one of my mags meaning I tend to use my P226 or 1911 more

Archived