CIA SOG

TheMerchantOfVenice

So I've been looking around at loadouts relative to my interests and my pretend CIA "disruptive force" loadout is up for grabs and I'd like to learn more about the real CIA's SOG. So what does Arnies know about the famous three letter organization's spec awps d00ds.

Are we talking now, or back in vietnam?

As for modern day, Bourne tells me you're wanting Heckler and Koch assault rifles and smgs upgraded up the wazoo hidden beneath fashionable leather coats and turtleneck jumpers but I imagine in combat zones its probably similar to US Special Forces in look, though probably with a lot more civilian/native dress and weaponry to blend in with the population (and dont forget to get rid of your nice shiny white teeth ;)).

'Nam wise, again probably very similar to standard army SOG equipment- tiger stripes, m56 etc, an AK.

Uninformed limey here going on my very limited knowledge, but hope it helps.

beard and 1000 yard stare are obvious essentials, plenty of choice of clothing...

so to make a recogniseable impression is going to be difficult

The images on konstipation of CIA SAD are a little old by now but mostly show EG AKMs with simple lbe like the 5.11 vest and chicoms if im not very much mistaken

If you go for an m4a1 i suggest keeping it laid out for longer range work (14.5 upper, acog)

And then there's mp5s as has been mentioned

Then get a big radio and a laptop and sit around at skirmishes looking important, occasionally wiping everybody out with a JDAM :D

Laptop (civvy not a Toughbook)

Digital SLR

MBITR in pack w\ Hand Set

Vdeo Camera

Binoculars

Mustache or other facial hair

Ak74

MP5

ASP baton

Sidearm of your choice

Pants of your choice

Long ME shirt or SPEAR Fleece

Sunglasses

Pakol

Shemag

Chicom and\or 5.11 vest

zip ties (restraints)

mi-8_cia_afghanistan_001.jpg16_360x240.jpg

Look at this for help

-Ryan

EDIT: This is a mix of TF121 and SAD sorry.

Ak74

If they're anything like PMCs/SF and other operators in the sandbox at the moment then I'd expect them to take a '47 or AKM over a '74 due to what the opfor is carrying and therefore ammunition compatibility. But that's purely speculation on my part so feel free to correct me anybody :D.

Here is my modern CIA Covert Direct Action Load out:

DSC_0055-3.jpg

DSC_0062-5.jpg

DSC_0063-13.jpg

DSC_0066-9.jpg

Sig 552

Wilson Combat 1911

Merrell MOABs

Condor Replica of the Maxpedition Falcon Assault Pack

Blackhawk SERPA in paddle configuration

Bowman Style Headset

Kenwood TK-3200L Radio

Cold Steel Safe Keeper II - Push Dagger

CKRT Crawford Falcon - Combat Folder

Generic Blue Jeans (best locally acquired)

Generic OD European Style Army Jacket (again, best locally acquired)

Generic "Salvation Army-2nd hand store" T-Shirt (anything that looks like it could have come out of a "Humanitarian Aid" box)

Low cost digital watch (for use and or trading ;) )

Archived