Can Dual Pistols work?

rhkhdh

Personally, I feel there are three main uses for using dual pistols:

1) To give an increased fire arc

2) To have ready access to two different guns

3) To look damn cool

The third has already been dealt with well, as well as the first to some extent. Yes you do still need to turn your head, but turning your head is faster than realigning your firing position. There are advantages and disadvantages to it.

The second however I feel is worthy of examination. When I dual wield it is usually with a glock 18c in my left, and a p99 NBB in my right. This gives me a fantastically accurate gun in my right, more accurate hand, but also the option of fully automatic when I need it. Add to this the advantages of the fire arcs, and it becomes a valid tactic in my opinion.

However to do it effectively, you need to be an accomplished pistol shooter. Not only in a two handed stable firing stance, but also using only one hand. This takes some practice; so you need to either have been using a pistol one handed regularly in skirmishes or have done one handed target shooting with your pistol of choice. The first is of course better, since hitting a moving target trying to shoot you is very different to a static one.

Overall, I feel it can be a valid tactic, for those that want to pursue it. Yes it takes a lot of time and effort to become accomplished with, more so than those of equally valid tactics, however once trained it can be very successful.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

twin pistols reduce your accuracy for obvious reasons, and your firepower as reloads take too long. also takes away your free hand which is really bad. still fun though, but a single well handled pistol is for winners.

i do use twin drum mag skorpions sometimes, for the entertainment factor, it nearly eliminates the reload problem.

Duel pistols works great. I'm using a TM 226 and a P99 fixed slide. both gats run on propane which gives me around 290 fps in the P99.

You feel so much better getting pistol kills and with a bit of practice your accuracy improves unless your a complet muppet.

I was playing a CQB when a team mate who was using to Glock 18c's shouted hit and walked off, I shouted what happend? He said I shot my self in the leg....

:rofl:

the times ive tried dual wielding pistols i found it great fun, so much more satisfying than a single AEG rifle.. im going to buy either 2x m11's or 2xmp5k's next..

:gun:

Archived