Can Dual Pistols work?

rhkhdh

Having succeded in claiming a total of three kills in five seconds with dual weilding indoors i think it works to be honest.

I was in a dark room hiding in an alcove and i waited for my opponents, one popped round and fired a few shots into my room, so i leapt up as he turned back for cover, ran out in front of him and hit him once with my right hand pistol (M9) then watched as his mate ran into the doorway behind him only to take a pair of hits from my left weapon (1911). This was followed up by a small kid firing of semi auto shots like mad so i pulled both guns up to chest height and planted one clean on him only to be hit out by his random fire pattern too. Both of us took the hit and that was that.

It does work but a) You must be very close to do it with any chance of hitting and B) you need to try to aim a little more independently with the guns. Mine was more luck than skill in this case.

Though i do want to do a Castor Troy or Tequila style setup for my twin 1911's (well no good airsoft company makes Tokarevs yet so they are the closest i say).

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played a game this weekend, just pistols- left the AEG at home (something I like to do every now and again). Dual-wielded an asymmetrical pair of pistols if ever there was one: an ordinary SCW HRT Special in my right hand and a Prokiller on full auto in the left in case things got too hairy.

It worked pretty well.

:D

Nah, not necessary.

Place MP5Ks side by side.

Grab the top of upper receiver of both MP5s in one hand.

Swap mags with the other hand, dropping empties into one dump pouch - you can even hit the mag release lever (not button) on both guns at same time!

Easy...

Slowest bit is getting the mags back in, not out, believe me. I only use midcaps so am now well-versed in this technique. Also, this is far easier than trying to wind two hicaps with no free hands... believe me I've tried.

Damn, I've gotta get me some more stick batteries and dual-wield again... been using the M4 too long!

Nice point actually that one, can't say it was one I've ever tried, although as I always reload the pistols two in one hand I'm not sure why!

As for Hi-caps - IMHO they are evil as sin anyway!

Oh and I saw a MP5 mag retention holding system thingy which might work for putting mags back in, only problem is getting good at aiming a mag-well at a pouch....

Wings :detective2:

Dual pistols can work in theory. If you could get good enough at point shooting to actually hit things with two pistols, then you might be able to do some damage. We all know its certainly high on the fun factor, but overall you probably generally better off with a single pistol.

I use my pistol as a primary, and I'm a considerable threat popping out of random bushes and disappearing again before anyone can hit me. Its quite a bit of fun.

Hmmm so they are not recommended? Im just pondering since having 4 of these (2 for each gun) would be cheaper than 8 odd low cap mags, or overall are the high caps really that bad?

Once had 2 CYMA G18C's, 6 lowcaps and 1 hicap. Feeding was bad on all mags when new and needed some wearing down. They worked perfectly for a number of months but then the springs on the feed lips grew soft and would spill all bbs at the slightest touch. Could be fixed I suppose with stiffer springs replaced but I've since stopped using them altogether. Also, keeping the mags out of the gun during storage would prolong the spring life.

Utterly useless except for fun and laughs.

Utter smarts.

:zorro:

Fixed. ;)

With the whole "do whatever is fun" thing in mind then yeah, knock yourself out.

However, with practicality in mind, there's almost nothing (except destroying the ozone layer) you can achieve with a pair of GBBs that you couldn't do equally well (or better) with a single AEG.

I suppose it's remotely possible you could suppress attackers from 2 directions with a pair of pistols but, realistically, that's only going to work for as long as it takes one of the attackers to realise you need to look the other way every few seconds.

Airsoft is all about fun and if you want to do CQB (or even woodland) with a pair of pistols then don't let anybody stop you but I don't think a pistol will offer much real advantage over any other weapon designed for CQB such as an MP5, P90, Uzi etc.

I have seen this a few times, one guy dressed up as a SWAT officer walked towards us with 2 kimbers in his hands but appart from looking pretty nifty he missed three of us as we were in the 40cm gap between the two pistols, poor guy ended up getting 3 sets of double taps from us :)

I have tried it in the past but iam far more comfortable with a more traditional stance and it improves my accuracy to about 90% at 25ms shooting through windows and firing slots.

I've tried going "Dualie" a few times. I am more of the Hit and Run type person so playing with dual pistols worked well with my play style. I am fairly decent using two pistols at the same time, specifically glock 17's, I generally play in a more urban style area so I wait until people sit down and start relaxing then go for a flank and rush toward them pistols a-blazin'. More of a run and gun thing then actually precision pistol shooting. I still do much better with a single, accurate pistol then two however.

Once had 2 CYMA G18C's, 6 lowcaps and 1 hicap. Feeding was bad on all mags when new and needed some wearing down. They worked perfectly for a number of months but then the springs on the feed lips grew soft and would spill all bbs at the slightest touch. Could be fixed I suppose with stiffer springs replaced but I've since stopped using them altogether. Also, keeping the mags out of the gun during storage would prolong the spring life.

I've fixed it, just took a very small piece of a credit card and put in there, now i can hit everything how much i want without having em spit out bb's.

I has pictures but nothing special really.

Edit:

Pix:

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/Kla.../Random%20shit/

The one if the roof is a dent i got from pushing down a cleaning rod into the magazine and releasing it.. It flew high as *fruitcage*.

Stealthbomber- do you have no peripheral vision, man? Seriously, it doesn't take any more than that to aim well enough to suppress somebody, particularly if they're inexperienced. You focus on your primary target until it's been dealt with and then you start tracking your secondary. I've done it before myself, and I'm rubbish at multi-tasking, so I would assume if I can do it almost anybody can.

• 4 weeks later...

Dual Pistols can be useful but only in the right situations, it is much of a close range technique where you need multiple targets at short ranges so you can let instinct control the guns and not the sights.

I have tried it when i had two targets only 3-5 metres in front of me and hit both but when i tried firing at a guy down a corridor at around 10 metres the lack of aimed shots meant i missed most of them and eventually got him with a couple of aimed shots.

Also i find that the best way to dual weild is to have a main pistol backed up by an smaller / cheaper gun just for dual weilding. That way you use the main pistol for most of the game but when the opportunity pops up at close range then bring out the other gun and replace it when the opportunity is finished, works best for me when i am indoors.

Lasers can help with this but i find that to let instinct take over gives better practice when it comes to making hip shots and other emergency shots at th right situation.

'FireKnife'

Are there any pistols that could be changed over to left hand use?... like magazine release, selector with works..

I did dual pistol at the beginning, but found it very hard to release magazine with my left hand pistol.

if the baretta 92f's are perfect copys u can drop the mag with the trigger finger on the left hand

just tried with a BF one

Buy two of the TM/HFC/KJ M9's and reomve both grips panels, take out the mag release and but it in the other way round, replace grip panels and any bits that have fallen out (they always seem to on my M9) and you have a left handed usable M9 as the safety is an ambi one and the slide catch is easy to knock down with the index finger after a reload.

'FireKnife'

Nope, you just learn to use the gun more as an extension of the hand rather than a sepearte part of it, where your hand goes, it goes and that way you won't cross them over.

Or have a left and right handed holster and instead holster the guns when they are not needed.

'FireKnife'

Archived