Can Dual Pistols work?

rhkhdh

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duelwielding isnt that effective, atleast when i encounter it, ok it was at a woodland site, come round the side of this bush, BOOM BOOM BOOM, i dive back, spend like a minute poking round and shooting until i see he has two desert eagles and he just had to reload, ran round and BANG kill :)

You're conceding the point then I take it? ;p

:zorro:

No, I'm just done talking about it with you, since you can't handle discussing things maturely and resort to mocking and condescending* people until they don't want to talk to you anymore. I've used handguns for my entire life and I carry a pistol every day. I've played airsoft for 8 years. I'm confident that I know more than you do about how to use a pistol effectively, airsoft or RS. So I don't really feel the need to discuss this with you anymore. And for the record, I don't envy your supernatural ability to shoot two guns at once, or your mad spelling skillz. You aren't mature enough for this conversation, so it's over.

*check that out. awesome.

I can't handle it? That'll be why it was you who resorted to this?

I mistook this for a conversation worth having. My bad.

Followed by an arrogant boasting post... yeah, it's me who can't handle mature conversation, clearly.

I never claimed to have any supernatural ability :huh: But you're making this a lot *fruitcage* harder than it actually is.

:zorro:

exp: You miss a very important point, and by such a country mile at that!

Fire DOES NOT have to be ACCURATE to be EFFECTIVE in a gunfight. Quite often a target can be suppressed by inaccurate shooting (particularly with a pistol 'cause PISTOLZ IZ LOUD) and a suppressed target is as good as a dead target for the period of the fight where he remains suppressed.

Advancing down a hallway. You are facing two guys. One is hiding behind a barrel to your right, one around the corner of the doorway to your left. You pop out, and one or the other is going to shoot you. So you get out there, put aimed shots down to the right, and unaimed shots to the left: The guy on the left thinks "OH NIBBLEPINS HE'S SHOOTING AT ME" and ducks for cover while the guy on the right goes "FRICKIN LAZER HAX" as you peg him square in the forehead. You are then free to bring your attention to bear on the dude on the left, who is panicking a little bit more now that you've shot the guy on the right.

Admittedly it takes longer to aim one-handed than with a two-hand grip, but you can compensate for that using a couple of point shots just to keep the guy's head down as you bring the gun to bear: Recoil is little enough of a consideration that wasting your first shot or two doesn't matter.

I've actually done this against four players before, spraying wildly with my left-hand gun while I took three of them down with careful shots from the right. I think the fourth guy shot me, but I'd actually walked past him without spotting him att hat stage so it wouldn't have mattered what I was using.

Similar sort of thing when you're in a pistols-only game: If you're the dude with two identical pistols and umpteen bajilion magazines for them you can dual-wield and play fire support for the day. Suppressive fire: not just for support gunners!

If you plan on using dual weild in both Wood and Urban then try this for each:

Wood: Get a mate to suppress the enemy with covering fire then crawl around to there most exposed flank, get right up close and go from prone to crouched, firing off both into the group, may get you shot out but take as many with you as you can.

Urban: Try to box the enemy then rush through them, they will have to turn to fire at you while you point shoot at each one as you pass them. Done fast enough it works wonders.

Both of these are tactics i have seen used or have used myself and they work, so long as the suprise is there the enemy won't know what to do.

'FireKnife'

Are there any pistols that could be changed over to left hand use?... like magazine release, selector with works..

I did dual pistol at the beginning, but found it very hard to release magazine with my left hand pistol.

Duelwielding isnt that effective, atleast when i encounter it, ok it was at a woodland site, come round the side of this bush, BOOM BOOM BOOM, i dive back, spend like a minute poking round and shooting until i see he has two desert eagles and he just had to reload, ran round and BANG kill :)

Sucker! He should have had a third one for while he was reloading!!! :D

It would be nice to see a manufacturer do a left handed version of the 1911A1 or similar as then it wuld make dual weilding easier.

For those with guns like the USP or P99 where the mag catch is ambidextrous or like the M9 where it can be swapped over, it is much easier but i use a 1911 and a Detonics and i find it much easier to combine both range shooting with the 1911 and a bit of dual weilding when it comes to a tight spot or an ideal time to do it.

'FireKnife'

The ultimate Dual Weilds would have to be:

1911's

Beretta M92's (watch The Killer if you don't think so).

TT-33's for that Hard Boiled moment.

Though some of those HFC M9's with full auto and the huge compensators wouldn't go amiss indoors. Will have to ask to set up a Gun Kata game at my next indoor game.

'FireKnife'

The real question is: why dual-wield pistols when you could use two MP5Ks instead?

;)

Two fists of full auto overcomes any accuracy concerns!

Ahh but one of the other main concerns is reloading, and have you tried hitting the mag release with the same hand? :P

Saying that, I am working on a little attachment to a pouch to do it for me! +two dump pouches and some retention held mp5 mags should equal some speedy reloads!

But Dual Pistols does work, but only EFFECTIVELY if you put the time in to practice. Compared to firing one handed its not worth the effort really, the pro's don't justify the time spent, at all. Ever.

I do however own a pair of 1911 Delta Elite's and a pair of compensated M9's.

The 1911's where bought purely for a dual load-out (I've been practicing ever since) and the M9's for carrying dual backups (once I got the hang of weak hand unsupported shooting I've found I tend to do it a lot)

It works, its good, if you make the effort (which no-one ever does) Although for dabbling in and out of, its still great fun.

Wings :detective2:

Oh and PS: I play woodland, tend to get more kills with the 1911's (consistently) than I do with anything else.

Well heres a few thoughts from a guy who only dual wields and sometimes quad wields. Let me explain. I carry two 7 inch dragons as my primaries and two G18c for when I am in buildings. The area we play has grass fields, woods and building. The dragons fire 365/370 with .25 so I have more range than most AEGs on the field. The dual glocks just rip rooms apart and therefore have twice the ROF as most AEGs. They can also be used on multiple targets at once.

Dual pistols can be more effective than AEGs in many situations and these are the ones you must look for when playing. They do have their weaknesses as due AEGs. My entire rig weighs less than a SAW. The reality is I have engaged the enemy long before most guys can drag there heavy gear across the field. I can run from place to place with out worrying much about getting hit. The reality is you dont lead an airsoft gun. I am more agile and can move easier than anyone with an AEG. This is where the advantage takes over. Most of my shots are under 20 yards. I can at this range target multiple people at the same time. You bead on one target and start to squeeze trigger. As you continue to shoot you move the gun to the next target. I have cleaned 5 or six man squads out of buildings before they get a shot off at me. Could I have sprayed them with an AEG...possibly. ROF only means you shoot way more BBs than I do and not nearly as effectively. Last time I checked you only had to get hit once to be out. Saturday I killed eight guys with one mag, most shots were in the back. This just means you dont shoot if you dont have a target. I am the only guy that plays duals on the field so does that says it is harder? Of course it is, anybody can stand behind a tree and spray thousands of rounds down range. You will eventually hit somebody. Anyone who says they can use their AEG truly effectively with out spraying all day could pick up a pistol and do well. If you can use you AEG with low caps, you are not loosing more than a few shots by going to a pistol. Once you have figured out all the disadvantages of the AEG you will see the benefits of two pistols over one. I agree, that if you are a SAW gunner or a gun who feels he needs high ROF and high caps to play, you will most likely not like pistols. Very quickly the reduced ROF and amount of BBs ,will make your gun advantage go away. This is when you really see how well your tactics are.

Ahh but one of the other main concerns is reloading, and have you tried hitting the mag release with the same hand? :P

Saying that, I am working on a little attachment to a pouch to do it for me! +two dump pouches and some retention held mp5 mags should equal some speedy reloads!

Nah, not necessary.

Place MP5Ks side by side.

Grab the top of upper receiver of both MP5s in one hand.

Swap mags with the other hand, dropping empties into one dump pouch - you can even hit the mag release lever (not button) on both guns at same time!

Easy...

Slowest bit is getting the mags back in, not out, believe me. I only use midcaps so am now well-versed in this technique. Also, this is far easier than trying to wind two hicaps with no free hands... believe me I've tried.

Damn, I've gotta get me some more stick batteries and dual-wield again... been using the M4 too long!

Porscht

My rig will carry as many as twelve hicappa mags on my belt. Six per side. I have three UTG double mag holders. Lately I have been experimenting with carrying the holders upside down. This way when you pull the vecro cover the mag falls into your hand instead of having to lift it out.

Normally you always want the gun with the most shots in your dominant hand to cover yourself. I normally eject the mag into my lap and then lay the gun beside it. Then stick in a new one and let the slide go forward. This is for when you need to keep your self covered.

If I have time I always do both mags at once in case I need the rounds later. I always store BBs and propane back at the base and fully reload each time before heading out.

God forbid I would have both guns lock open at once, while under fire. I will squat down and eject both mags on the ground between my knees and then hold then both in the right hand and reload both mags at once. Pick the mags up later.

Once you have played a while you can reload your guns with out even having to look at your rig or dump pouch to find things. You can always duck behind something for a few seconds.

Archived