Can Dual Pistols work?

rhkhdh

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and this subject comes up with a regularity that is trult astounding mate, the search function would have found at least half a dozen similar threads.

and in my opinion dual pistols are indeed suicidally fun and yes it can work.

An airsoft pistol is as much a piece of equipment of shock and awe as it is precision. I've had many people decide not to stick their heads out of where ever they are because they can't figure out what that horrible "CLACK CLACK CLACK!!!" sound coming towards them is.

I've gone dualie on several occasions and had great fun and a bunch of kills. It's not like your fighting recoil of a real steel, your target acquisition is quicker, and you don't need as much force and control over them as a real steel.

Try it...see what you think. Can't hurt. Well...can't hurt any less that getting hit by an AEG!

It can be done and in CQB it wins hands down.

Hell I even make people poop their pants charging with dual pistols in open woodland games against AEGs but then I am a bit of a mad ###### when I get my hands on a pair of 1911s

can be loads of fun.

if you don't get the toys mixed up......

glock 18c in one hand, glock 17 in the other......... the joke is on you if hold the trigger of the 17 down by mistake and get rinsed by the 3 or 4 guys you intended to rip up!!!!

quite embarrasing really!

..does it matter? :huh: Basically what you said is balls.

:zorro:

That's what I thought. Anyway, I stand by it. Using two pistols at once is very unpractical and ineffective. It is, however, a lot of fun. But pretending that it is a viable tactic in anything other than a John Woo movie is just silly. If you think that dual wielding pistols makes any practical sense, maybe you should teach a class at Front Sight, because you'd be the only actual combat instructor in the world that supports that as a useful technique.

ETA:

Besides, once people have actually mastered using one pistol, they have usually become mature enough to see dual wielding for what it is: fun. Not a tactic.

I have 8 for the Detonics plus the 3 1911 mags that will fit too.

I also have 10 for the TMP but I only have 1 now so I can't dual wield that.

I button the two mags straight into the dump pouch then stick both pistols in my left hand, pull two 1911 mags out of the same 9mm mag pouch then put them both in at the same time.

I count rounds and try to change mags before they lock open so I don't need to faff about with the slide stop.

That's with the Detonics.

With the MK23 and P226 combo (both suppressed) I have to get creative, same with the 1911/Browning 9mm combo, same with the M4013/VP70 combo.

Usually involving armpits and swearing.

Or I just stick a mag in each and run around with 8 pistols and a TMP and try to reload from a satchel full of mags when I get the chance.

That's what I thought. Anyway, I stand by it. Using two pistols at once is very unpractical and ineffective. It is, however, a lot of fun. But pretending that it is a viable tactic in anything other than a John Woo movie is just silly. If you think that dual wielding pistols makes any practical sense, maybe you should teach a class at Front Sight, because you'd be the only actual combat instructor in the world that supports that as a useful technique.

ETA:

Besides, once people have actually mastered using one pistol, they have usually become mature enough to see dual wielding for what it is: fun. Not a tactic.

You do that quite often.

You are basing your argument that using two pistols in airsoft doesn't work because two pistols in the real world doesn't.

That logic doesn't follow for about a million reasons.

The guns are lighter.

The ranges are shorter.

The recoil is less.

The mag capacities can be larger.

The consequences of a round going stray are less.

Since your life doesn't depend on it you don't need to worry that your technique isn't absolutely perfect.

Yes it is fun, but it is also effective.

At Epsom the other day I eliminated 10 or so people with my 200 rounds of permitted AEG ammo.

I then went on to eliminate significantly more people with about 110 rounds in the pistols.

Would I do better with 1 gun and some proper technique? perhaps.

Do I give a toss? No.

oh i had a kill the first time using two pistols. Haven't done it since then.

for realoading:

I wouldn't shoot both empty. more like 7 bb's in your left 0 in your right one. then reload.

your still able to return fire with one hand.

that would need magpouches who can be reached by both hands, or if you don't run the same pistols like 1911 mags to your right hand 9mm to your left.

just my 2 cents

Archived