Echo 1 P90

Atty

Mine came from them at 385 fps.

I since compressed the spring for a week straight, and the ROF increased, but have yet to chrono it.

The gear box will be re-worked, 1J spring, and a lipo thrown in :)

Any word on after market mags?

Mine obviously isn't stock any more. Let me know how it is once you chrono it, I'm curious to how much of a difference it makes.

Nice. I'm almost afraid to have it open up after getting it defective. I also don't trust myself with a lipo. I'm afraid that I'll forget to do this or that and ruin it or my gun.

I haven't gotten the aftermarket mags yet, but they should come tomorrow (I'm getting the echo 1 standard caps). I'll let you know how they are.

Are you positive the one they sent you back was the same one? I would be concerned about a ~100 fps loss, not because it's a low fps but purely because of the supposed loss.

I'm sure. I had unwrapped the packaging on the metal flash hider, it was still unwrapped. I had also charged the battery. The first thing I did when I got it was pop in the battery and make sure it shot, which it did. Unless they popped a different gun in the same box.

Should I be concerned?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also don't trust myself with a lipo. I'm afraid that I'll forget to do this or that and ruin it or my gun.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=150394

Check this thread out if your interested in learning something about li-pos. After that knowledge and some questions you should be able to get a li-po battery that will work in your gun.

I use a li-po in my Echo 1 STAG-15. The gun is a beast haha. You have to be pretty responsible with maintaining them though such as making sure not to discharge it fully and monitoring it while it charges.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=150394

Check this thread out if your interested in learning something about li-pos. After that knowledge and some questions you should be able to get a li-po battery that will work in your gun.

I may get a lipo eventually. For now I think I'll just use the stock battery it came with.

I use a li-po in my Echo 1 STAG-15. The gun is a beast haha. You have to be pretty responsible with maintaining them though such as making sure not to discharge it fully and monitoring it while it charges.

Yeah, I'm not worried that the lipo will blow up and kill me so much that I'll forget to do something and then ruin the battery. I also don't know if the repairs they made will actually hold up or not, let alone to a lipo.

Anyway, as I asked before, should I be worried about the lack of fps? (shootings 280 instead of 390)

I would be worried honestly. If I knew my gun was shooting 100 FPS more before, I would wonder what they did to it. I doubt this is possible, but maybe you can get a hold of the person that worked on your gun and ask what they did to it (spring swap, doubtful)? Maybe they messed something else up while they were in there and had a loss of compression.

I would be worried honestly. If I knew my gun was shooting 100 FPS more before, I would wonder what they did to it. I doubt this is possible, but maybe you can get a hold of the person that worked on your gun and ask what they did to it (spring swap, doubtful)? Maybe they messed something else up while they were in there and had a loss of compression.

I'll email Airsoft GI and see if they can tell me anything. I think it was sent back to the manufacturer though, so they may or may not be able to do anything at all.

GI NEVER chrono's guns right. EVERYTHING from them is an overstatement.

I got a G&G AK-103 from them and they said it chronoed at 385 FPS. I take it to the next game, 320 FPS.

Didn't compress the spring or anything, it was the next day too. I am betting the techs over at GI didn't put your gun back together again correctly either. Usually clones shoot at least 320 FPS. I would say somethings up with the nozzle/cylinder assembly.

GI NEVER chrono's guns right. EVERYTHING from them is an overstatement.

I got a G&G AK-103 from them and they said it chronoed at 385 FPS. I take it to the next game, 320 FPS.

Didn't compress the spring or anything, it was the next day too. I am betting the techs over at GI didn't put your gun back together again correctly either. Usually clones shoot at least 320 FPS. I would say somethings up with the nozzle/cylinder assembly.

It almost makes you wonder if they actually even chrono them at all. How is it possible for them to chrono a defective gun? I doubt it could have been damaged during shipping (not a scratch on it). At least I didn't have to argue with customer service about sending it back.

The weird thing is that it shoots fine, straight and reasonably far. I'm not sure why it chrono'd so low, it certainly doesn't seem like 280.

I'm consider to buy E90 too but I heard that its hop up and some parts inside is not good so I decide to wait for JG P90 RD version

if you want to buy high-cap, I recommend CA it is better than TM

I once saw a guy running around with 8 P90 low-cap in his dump pouch, looks funny :D

So far my hop up is great. Don't know if my e90 is still technically stock though.

I have 4 low-caps. They rock! I'm not sure if I want to get a high cap.

I haven't really field tested out the aftermarket mags yet, but I loaded one fully and it fed and clicked in flawlessly. They're great.

I have yet to get a reply from Airsoft GI (I sent an e-mail last night)

Best bet is to call them.

Also, Sequoia's chrono is a tad weird. If they chrono it incorrectly, it can read a completely different number. Thats how people get hot guns in...

They replied to my email saying to call Jason. I think I'll call tomorrow some time instead of tonight, since it may be a bit late. Sequoia must have a chrono issue. Hot guns are painful.

I would say re-chrono it too. Speaking of which, I should chrono my E90 and let you know. Maybe that'll give you an indication of what it should be.

Alright. I'm not really too worried about it, since it shoots quite well. It left a nice welt on a friend, too, so its not like you can't feel it.

Well I just got a E1 P90 in from airsoft GI and the chrono sheet says, 295 so maybe echo1 is putting in weaker springs now or something.

Thats odd. maybe I also just got a slower one. I never ended up calling them today, didn't get back until late (I was incidentally out airsofting). I'll call eventually :P

I'm really not too worried about it. It shoots fine and apparently hurts (or so my victims say)

Well, I spoke with Jason (from Airosft GI) today, and he said its nothing to worry about. Most likely the spring was compressed during shipping.

Well, I'm satisfied with my e90. Like I said, it still works great.

The midcaps are good. I had one issue with the butt of the magazine breaking off, but it still fits in fine, and feeds fine. I also had a minor issue with one of the aftermarket mags. It sticks a little when you put it in, so you have to use a bit of force to get it in and out. Still works fine, though. I've also got my Leapers red dot on it. Zeroed it nearly perfectly, and its amazing now.

They actually chrono them at the shop before they send them to you. We ordered 3 CYMA Ak's from ASGI and they all came in chronoing different(like 450, 455, 459) and we verified their numbers on the chrono.

If it was compressed for a month from when it came out of factory to when it got through wholesaler to AirsoftGI, its perfectly reasonable to accept that a low quality spring would drop in its rating that much. I wouldnt expect it out of a PDI but out of a cheapo i would

He did say I could send it back and have them "fix" it again. I'm really not worried about it. I have trouble believing that its really 280. It shoots great and apparently hurts like hell.

I'm glad you like it. I actually just sold mine to a friend. I guess I'm more of a rifle kind of guy.

They actually chrono them at the shop before they send them to you. We ordered 3 CYMA Ak's from ASGI and they all came in chronoing different(like 450, 455, 459) and we verified their numbers on the chrono.

If it was compressed for a month from when it came out of factory to when it got through wholesaler to AirsoftGI, its perfectly reasonable to accept that a low quality spring would drop in its rating that much. I wouldnt expect it out of a PDI but out of a cheapo i would

Thats good to hear. I'm going to dismiss this lack of fps then. Thanks everyone!

I'm glad you like it. I actually just sold mine to a friend. I guess I'm more of a rifle kind of guy.

Thanks. Yeah, several friends hate it, just because its too small for them. Personally its just right for me (but thats just because I'm freakishly small for my age), and I couldn't be happier. Case closed :P

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove the ugly orange tip? I am planning to paint the end of the metal one orange so as to still have an orange tip, but get rid of the big plastic tube at the end. I'm hesitant to mess with my gun, don't want to break it or anything. I already failed to paint the metal flash hider (had bad paint and it didn't work out) so I'm going to have to try that again.

If you've done it, how did you do it? I'm sure you're supposed to be able to take it off, why else would they include a metal flash hider and expect you to be able to attach suppressors and such.

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove the ugly orange tip? I am planning to paint the end of the metal one orange so as to still have an orange tip, but get rid of the big plastic tube at the end. I'm hesitant to mess with my gun, don't want to break it or anything. I already failed to paint the metal flash hider (had bad paint and it didn't work out) so I'm going to have to try that again.

If you've done it, how did you do it? I'm sure you're supposed to be able to take it off, why else would they include a metal flash hider and expect you to be able to attach suppressors and such.

Careful mate, you might want to think again about asking that question, but then I am not sure if you are asking what I think you are asking so I might be wrong.

Painting orange tip non orange = illegal in the States?

Careful mate, you might want to think again about asking that question, but then I am not sure if you are asking what I think you are asking so I might be wrong.

Painting orange tip non orange = illegal in the States?

Nope. Tip has to be painted orange to ship it or to sell it retail. Once it's in your hands, no such laws apply, unless you are dealing with some local ordinances (there are some places where this is so, but it's the exception rather than the rule).

Doubtless, it's usually not a good idea to be seen in public with a replica without an orange tip, but illegal it is not.

It IS, however, against forum rules, though . . .

-Tuthmose

I'm actually planning quite the opposite. The e90 came with an ugly orange plastic tip glued (I think) on. They also include a nice black flash hider. What I want to do is paint the end of the black flash hider orange, since I wish to have an orange tip. The metal one is just so much nicer than this cheap plastic one, though I'd still like to keep the orange. I'm aware of the orange tip law, and since I sometimes play with friends on their properties, there is always the risk (however small) that the cops will show up, so I'd like to have my tip orange just in case.

Archived