True brit mkII

cadetrichards

LOWAS FOR TEH WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! The cambat boot is only one of my pair of lowas, I know a couple of guys who have had both the Lowas and the Danners and they say that they prefer the Lowas. One of these guys is in the army and another... Well I cannot tell you what he used to do and what his brothers used to do, he is one of my dad's mates

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right what i would say is ditch the pistol only snipers carry pistols and maybe some dont i dont know but i do know that the only ppl that carry automatic rifles and pistols are the CPT( close protection team ) i will also ay ditch the beret and go for eithe a helmet or a bush hat dont buy a kevlar because it will only put strain on your neck if you want an authentic look but wuithout the weight i suggest you go for something like a OG hockey helmet or something similar and jst put the DPM cover over the top thats what i have for exercises with the ACF and has saved me a few times frm low branches out on patrols the rest of the kit is fine

Its sand. That comes from the origins of the SAS fighting alongside the LRDG in north africa during the second world war. Theyre only really worn with number two dress and with 95s and a stable belt on camp (if we are to believe the myths.)

Since we dont recreat what squaddies look like on camp youre best bet is a cr@p hat of some sort - bush hat, beanie hat, shemagh or when A sqaudron were engaged in vehicle patrols in N. Iraq the first time round they had kevlars with dessie covers. Id assume they were para kevlars, but i wouldnt like to say for certain.

im sorry to double post but i have to have a say in this aswell the marine cadets wear a normal blue beret the same as the PARA cadets this is because to wear those berets you have to pass the required selection process in this case P company and the all arms commandos course if they are wearing the green beret it should not be allowed becaus e the regulars would have something to say about it as they have to earn theirs

right what i would say is ditch the pistol only snipers carry pistols and maybe some dont i dont know but i do know that the only ppl that carry automatic rifles and pistols are the CPT( close protection team ) i will also ay ditch the beret and go for eithe a helmet or a bush hat dont buy a kevlar because it will only put strain on your neck if you want an authentic look but wuithout the weight i suggest you go for something like a OG hockey helmet or something similar and jst put the DPM cover over the top thats what i have for exercises with the ACF and has saved me a few times frm low branches out on patrols the rest of the kit is fine

You dug up a dead thread.

cadetrichards kit has changed since this thread.

Why did you bring up this dead thread?

Ever heard of basic grammar?

You seem to be contradicting yourself throughout the entire post too and very little of what you have typed makes any sense

Please use proper punctuation/spelling/grammar on these boards and refrain from using text speak - it makes your posts much easier to read.

breaking your boots it... wear them in a nearby river, then walk around, or failing that the shower... i did this the same time as my beret... (issued at same time)

Also...

You can wear a balaclava under a mk6, i had my thick wool one on under mine on exersise with the OTC on a night patrol, it bloody helped keep the cold out... and fitted nicely...

also... my brit kit...

(excuse the lack of boots, there next to me and i was to lazy to put them on... plus the polish was soaking in and i hadnt shined em yet...)

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

switched that bloody mk6 at stores cos some chopper gave me a 'small' and i take 'large'.

Ok well some of you may remeber the first true brit thread well now heres this one.....

well ive been doing a setup of s95 and I ve been talking to doc newstead and this is how far ive got....

me1.jpg

ok well now thats over with I need tell you what im trying to get to complete my setup......

also can you tell me if www.blackhawkindustries.com is a reliable retailer

Blackhawk make cheap rip offs of Vietnamese tactical gear, DON'T buy from them.

That picture is actually the whole of the Falkland Island defense force. Need an AUG though & a rampant Penguin.

:D

Oi! Bo0m3r cut your toe nails! Got to look after your feet. :P

Isn't Boomer a chick now?

Incidentally wasn't the original beret worn by the SAS (under David Sterling) White & then binned because of ###### taking/whinging.

Yep, I like to flog the "dead horse" threads. :D:D:D

Incidentally wasn't the original beret worn by the SAS (under David Sterling) White & then binned because of ###### taking/whinging.

Dunno about that, but it was white under David Stirling, yeah :P Not for very long; it got changed even before they were disbanded.

Sure that's not supposed to be "Blackhawk makes rip off tactical gear IN Vietnam"?

:D Tongue firmly in (facial) cheek when I wrote that.

Wot? my toenails are fine... and i assure you, im not a chick...

A pathetic reference to BattleStar Galactica and the gender swap of a certain character.

I'll get my coat.

Archived