True brit mkII

cadetrichards

Ok well some of you may remeber the first true brit thread well now heres this one.....

well ive been doing a setup of s95 and I ve been talking to doc newstead and this is how far ive got....

me1.jpg

ok well now thats over with I need tell you what im trying to get to complete my setup......

Blackhawk industries neoprene kneepads

guarder dump pouch

Hellstorm SOLAG gloves with kevlar

Mk6 helmet

boot zippers

black hawk balaclava

sansei SG5 mask

Now can you other true brits out there could comment on my gear and make suggestions so I can improve my list.

If you can help they'll be some nice pics coming up on the picture gear thread soon!!! :D

also can you tell me if www.blackhawkindustries.com is a reliable retailer

ps: I know the above pic is already in one thread but I just wanted to show other people what I had so far so dont flame me please :flamed::P also the reason this isnt in the picture thread section is because they're is only one picture in this entire thread so theres no point putting it in pictures :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I'd joined Cadets :( A stint in the Boy's Brigade was all I ever managed.

You're a lot better dressed than most people, and I think that's a good look you've got going on there :) Nice to see a beret too :D

Here's my effort, though I have so much bloody DPM now I can never decide what my official 'look' is. I'm going to chuck MOLLE into the mix next. Oy vay...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/dr_...my_style030.jpg

I think the trick is to not look dressed up - try and keep it uniform. Pretty good so far, though the beret looks new (needs moulding).

ACF cadet right? You probably know how to mould a beret but if not someone in your unit will.

Also balaclava? May want to go with a headover or a shemagh instead - more "true brit" IMHO

Overall a very good effort mate. There are a few things I could pick up for in the interests of a truly authentic HM forces look, but none that really matter in the airsoft world.

I'll try and sort out some pics of my various kit setups to give you a bit of inspiration.

It's always nice to see people trying for an authentic Brit look. Warms my heart so it does. Almost makes me feel like people value people like me.

**Sheds a few tears**

Overall a very good effort mate. There are a few things I could pick up for in the interests of a truly authentic HM forces look, but none that really matter in the airsoft world.

I'll try and sort out some pics of my various kit setups to give you a bit of inspiration.

It's always nice to see people trying for an authentic Brit look. Warms my heart so it does. Almost makes me feel like people value people like me.

**Sheds a few tears**

On a serious note once again.

I wouldn't bother with a Mk6 Kevlar mate. Just get yourself a Bush hat (Probably know as a Jungle hat in the wide world), kevlars are a nightmare at the best of times and myself and many other people I know hate wearing the things. At the end of the day you don't have to worry about white hot lead and shrapnel in airsoft.

And if you want to go for a truly authentic brit look, don't bother with the Dump pouch or kneepads, but that's really up to you're preference.

Very nice, liking the helmet hopefully mine willlook like that when I get it

As has been said, they're no fun to wear. I have mine for photos, and wear a bandana-thingy (it's called a 'Duff', amusingly) or a jungle hat for skirmishing. Besides, I haven't put on the requisite NBC boot-cover round the bottom, or a reflective band either :P

Keep the beret, it looks different and smart. Every schmoe wears jungle hats :P

Mate, don't go with blackhawk hellstorm ######. It breaks and fails all the time.

Best go with alta for kneepads. They rock my world. :)

Also, blackhawk make a *suitcasey* balaclava. It's got a poor shape and feels very uncomfortable.

About the Mk6 to me she looks like a beuty, so different from anything else and yet with cool dpm camoflauge, so what if its a bit of siscomfort, Im no stranger to discomfort. If you had seen me doing exerciese in the snow with no gloves or any warmth at all. Then having to sleep in a issue sleeping bag with soaking wet trousers etc at -5 degrees on a stone floor in a barracks with no window pane.I had to wear a balaclava in bed to stop my face from freezing. Then next day went o do more exercises but the ammount of blisters/sores on my legs was horrific! I endured it all with no complaints, (im a tough little cadet) :D and the worst things was I endured all this and we didnt even get to fire an sa80, We just got wooden planks that looked like SA80'S and we had shout bang :P . So im know stranger to discomfort, but what if I wore a shemagh around my head or a balaclava would that stop the itching/discomfort

ps: If you want a more detailed version of my first cadet expierience( it was orginally done for a homework :D )

It was about two weeks ago, I am part of the combined cadet force at school and we have a yearly field day at an RAF base. When we signed up for this 2-day adventure we did not think it would be snowing in march but it was and that made it even more challenging. This year we went to Norfolk and as soon as we arrived it was bitterly cold and snow was everywhere. The first exercise we did was to practice our formations while attacking an enemy firing blanks. That was great fun but unfortunately we got absolutely soaked due to diving in the snow, we did this until lunch. At lunch we had too cook our own food using a hexamine cooker and army rations packs. It was not exactly 5 star dining but you had to keep warm and meant eating plenty of rations. We did a few more exercises and training until about 5'o' clock. Then came the major exercise, this was how we could practice what we had learnt. In this exercise we had to defend the barracks we were staying in, using SA80 rifles with blanks. The people attacking us were the CCF six formers also with the same weapon. As we did not want too be attacked by surprise we decided to have sentries all a round the building. I volunteered to be sentry first as I found it exciting and partly because then I could get the job out of the way and have a good nights sleep. After my half an hour sentry duty was over nothing had happened so I went upstairs to get some sleep but then the sentry downstairs screamed "STAND TO!!!!"(This is what you say when you see the enemy) and the next thing i heard was gunshots. So I sprinted to our meeting place and opened fire. This was great fun and after about 5mins we had fought them back and they retreated. Nothing happened for about 3 hours but I was too tired to be bored and tried to doze off. It was then that truly felt the cold I was right next to one of the window but these were no ordinary windows, they had no panes so it was as cold inside as it was outside. Your wet trousers literately went hard as the frost got to work on them. I did not focus on this and decided to live with it. Then we heard few mote stand tos but they all turned out to be false alarms, but then came a real one. We again sprinted to our stations, adrenaline pumping, and let the blanks rip, it was absolutely amazing and soon we again defeated the six formers. After that I was completely exhausted and the cold did not bother me at all as I dozed off. I woke up to the smell of hexamine burning and as I went downstairs I discovered that cadets were cooking inside the barracks, I told them they had to stop as hexamine fuel can be lethal if not ventilated properly and they were actually endangering the lives of the cadets sleeping above. After that I went back to bed and again dozed right off. I was woken up again at 5 'o' clock but this time we just had to pack our Bergen’s and kit. After that I went downstairs to enjoy the hot fire that we had managed to keep going through the nigh. Again this time at 6 'o' clock, the six formers gave their last attempt to try and take the barracks but again failed. It was now that I noticed the rashes and sores left by the wet trousers by I had to keep my spirits up. At 7 'o' clock in the morning it was proclaimed that we had defended the barracks so we could cook our breakfast of powdered soup in peace. After that we had to go in search of the six formers to attack them and we were successful unfortunately the sores on my legs started to prevent me from walking but I carried on as we were going home in 4 hours. When we got back from attacking the six formers it was time to go. We gathered our things and boarded the coach, and believe that heated coach seemed like heaven. When we got back to school I was picked up by my parents and brought home. I looked back at the last two days in Norfolk and although the weather slightly ruined the weekend it was the highlight of my the year so far and I am thoroughly looking forward to the July camp which is a whole week long!!!

Your the only cheg ive met who actually looks smart in uniform. Whos in the army in your familly? :P lol

only my grandad, he fought on D-DAY and was a royal enginee( so he also fixed bridges the nazis had blown up) but apart from that no-one , and I suppose my grandads military service was forced upon him.

talking of exes, the best one i did was when we went away with the regs, and got as much ammo as we could carry and then some (got to use A2s).

its good fun tabbing 2 miles to an ambush site with the GPMG and 1000 rds, and then legging it back with no ammo and a over heated weapon!

il get som pics up of my full brit load out, why dont ya do the same lance?

Archived