KSC Sigpro SP2022

This here is intended as an initial look at the SP2022. It is by no means an exhaustive review, it's just meant to give people an idea of what this gun is like. All I have for taking pictures is an iPhone, which officially the WORST camera I have EVER seen. I apologize for any blurriness or other nonsense. On with the review.

So after casting around for a while for a new gun, and having owned the SP2009 HW, I was looking for another Sigpro. Actually, the day after I bought the SP2009 the new Sp2022 was announced! Drats. After some shenanigans with TNT and their weird stateside courier service that I've never even heard of, the box was finally in my sweaty hands.

IMG_0055.jpg

The box is very similar to the KSC P226 box, which is stylish and snazzy. Inside the box we find a bag of BB's, hopup tool, a manual and catalog.

IMG_0054.jpg

Onto the gun itself. KSC is no stranger to quality, and I believe this is their best work yet. The finish is nice and smooth. The line checkering (or whatever it's called) on the frontstrap is sharply detailed while being easy on the hands. The grip, which by the way is completely interchangeable with real steel Sigpro grips, is wonderfully textured. In fact, I believe it to be exactly the same stuff as their P226 grips. Very comfortable, provides good purchase, without being abrasive. There is a faint seam line that starts halfway under the trigger guard up to the front of the gun. This puzzled me, because there is absolutely no trace of a seam line on the grip, but starts to appear underneath the paint on the trigger guard. Why KSC didn't bother to extend the superb finish all the way to the front, I don't know. Come on KSC, this is unacceptable for a $200 gun. The seam line on the trigger guard is only noticeable under direct light, while the seam line under the dustcover is fairly obvious. The sights are of the normal three-dot variety, unlike the dotted "i" of the older SP2009. They also look suspiciously similar to the KSC P226 sights. It's lighter than the SP2009 by about 100 grams; fortunately, this is almost exactly the same weight as a real, unloaded SP2022, but unfortunately, because the slide is not of a heavyweight material, it does feel plasticky and like a toy, much like KSC's plastic Glock slides. The frame could have fooled me however, it feels almost exactly the same as the SP2009 HW. The trademarks are nicely engraved.

Of note is the recoil spring that KSC seems to be using lately. The last two KSC guns I ordered, an SP2009 and a USP Compact (non-System 7), the spring looked like a leaf spring coiled around, not like a traditional recoil spring. Not sure what the advantage or disadvantage here is, but it provides a positive, snappy return.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

The magazine is hefty and has nice trademarks. On one side it reads "Sigpro 9MM" and the other is blank. On the back, you see a round count window thingie. Very nice. The feed lips are also different. Whereas the SP2009 and KSC USP's utilize a feed lip that staggers the bb's in from the top, the bb's in this magazine are staggered in the magazine with room for only one bb at the top, like Western Arms and TM mags. It is also a very tight squeeze to get it into the magwell. It actually takes some effort to do so. But it does drop free.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

So what's it like to shoot? Well, it pretty much shoots and acts like any KSC Glock. The blowback is STRONG, almost worryingly so, and I say this because the plastic slide does not feel very robust like a TM slide. And this is in an apartment with an ambient temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Racking the slide left me with mixed feelings as well-the SP2009 HW made music while racking the slide, with a very solid clunk-clunk, while the SP2022 just kind of click-clicks. Hard to describe, but if you've shot a stock, plastic slide KSC Glock, then you know what I mean.

One thing that really stood out to me is that the gun seems to completely lack a manual safety. I cannot find one, and there is no reference in the manual to one either. This is great to me, as real Sigpros do not have manual safeties either, but for the safety-conscious and numbnuts, better practice good gun safety.

Of course, the latest and greatest development (depends on your view) is the new System 7. The loading nozzle looks almost identical to a KSC Glock loading nozzle. KSC promised less cooldown by releasing more gas per shot. Can the new SP2022 deliver?

I warmed the mag in my pocket for 10 mins. Afterwards, I loaded up one .20 gram BB, pointed it at a soda can from point blank range, and let fly. BANG! Annnnnddd.......just a crack in the side of the can. Are you kidding me?!

Then as I put the can down disappointed, I happened to turn the can to the side. The bb had gone clean through the other side of the can. It left a long crack on one side upon entering with nothing to indicate a bb had passed through, and left a neat hole on the other side as it went out. Not bad. But can it also combat cooldown?

I loaded up a full mag, and true to KSC's word, despite it being only 70 degrees Fahrenheit in my room, it ripped through the whole mag, and locked back on the last round. Not bad at all. I can only imagine how this gun will perform in the summer months. No idea what range is like yet, as I just got it today and live in an apt complex. I will test it out though first chance I get.

So what's the verdict? Is it worth 200 of the long green? I have owned 18 different pistols, from every major manufacturer from WE to Western Arms, and have a pretty clear idea of how this gun stacks up against the competition (not claiming to be an expert by any means, just well informed). And as much as I love this gun, unless you love Sigpros, I'm going to have to say no. For the collector, it is attractive because it is unusual AND is a solid performer, good for the occasional skirmish. But for the individual looking for an affordable skirmishable pistol, the SP2022 is just too new and too expensive. The KSC Glock already provides basically the exact same performance (minus the less cooldown feature) for far less. The Tm 1911's and P226 fall in the same boat, and they seem to have no issues with cooldown either. The SP2022 will have aftermarket parts like a metal slide, but that will take some time. No idea what other aftermarket parts like loading nozzles, valves, etc. are going to be like, if there will be any at all. Spare parts availability is also non-existent, although that may change. Keep an eye on Dentrinity or WGCshop for those. I love the Sigpro, so I think it's definitely worth it. But with a price tag approaching Western Arms territory, for a gun that does not yet have aftermarket support or even spare parts support, the objective reader may find a better deal in another gun. But if you're like me, and want something unique and performs as well as a Marui as far as I can tell, then this is your gun.

Edited by ruchik

They may have finally addressed that stupid slide return from the KSC SIGPRO HW 2009 hardkick, then.

Question - what is the procedure of this one to remove the inner barrel?

On the old 2340 they used a c-clip, on the 2009 they used a blasted oring to keep the inner barrel in the outer - what and how do they do it for this?

Any chance of a shot of the exploded diagram of the manual at all?

The shooting/fps of this sounds fantastic though, and I love the ergs of the 2xxx series of SIGPRO :)

Nice first impression. I've always wanted a SigPro but why the hell does KSC make them so expensive in comparison to their other models (old blowback system or new)? <_< I'll probably pick one of these up when metal slides start appearing, but damn!

How does it compare in performance to the SP2009?

How many rounds can you get off on a fill of propane/gg?

KSC genuin guns cost so much because they get them from their OEM in tiwan and perfect the slide fit and do QC and then ship to their distributors which ships them to shops. so that's 6 hands and 5 price markups to get to the places we buy them. with KWA it goes from OEM to distributors skipping 2 or 3 of those hands and a major price markup.

i feel like dropping my plans for a VFC KAC PDW to buy a bunch of pistols now. KSC has alot on the table along with collecting rare WAs and MGCs and the new TM gbbs. yeah...

Performance in terms of cooldown and power is better than the SP2009. I think the range of the SP2022 will be greater as well due to more power. But in terms of finish, the SP2009 still wins.

I was able to get a full mag rapid firing, and then it went kaputz 3 bb's into the next mag. This was to be expected, as more gas is realesed per shot, and it was pretty cold in my apartment.

KSC genuin guns cost so much because they get them from their OEM in tiwan and perfect the slide fit and do QC and then ship to their distributors which ships them to shops. so that's 6 hands and 5 price markups to get to the places we buy them. with KWA it goes from OEM to distributors skipping 2 or 3 of those hands and a major price markup.

Erm, the extra QC thing is a myth. Aside from various differences such as trades and heavy weight plastics that are occasionally used on KSC and metal frames and slides on KWA versions there is no difference between KWA and KSC. KSC guns are subject to additional Japanese tax whereas KWA which was designed as an export brand of KSC does not, hence the KSC branded versions are more expensive.

Anyway, the SP2022 looks very nice, i have one of the KWC NBB Co2 versions and the ergonomics and feel of it is excellent. If KSC do a cheap metal OEM slide for it like they did with the P226r then i'll certainly consider one, no doubt there will be lots of CNC'd slides but i can't justify one of those when a $50 KSC slide works without modifications and is more than strong enough :)

ah, i guess i was under the wrong impression. well, KWA needs to get on the ball and start releasing their own renditions of KSCs guns since they make them all anyway.

They do release their own versions of KSC guns. I just thought they were called KSC (TW)

The KSC USP(TW) costed 110, the KSC USP(JAP) costed around 160.... The KSC USP (S7) cost 170 so I'm hoping the KSC(TW)'s start coming out soon because I don't want to pay THAT much money for a KSC pistol..

So I just got this in. Kinda disappointed in the power and kick.

Conditions: 67° ambient temp. Using KSC .2g BB's and UHC Power Green Gas

Test 1

Average: 274.4 FPS

Good news is after taking it apart, it looks like I'm going to be able to use some upgrades meant for other guns. Hi flows, floating valves, recoil springs all from KSC Glocks appear like they MAY work. I'm going to try in a bit...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I picked up the 2022 when it first came out and it fires great but I've run into a problem where the slide does not lock back anymore because the notch on the slide where the slide lock catches, it has sheared off that part of the slide due to the powerful recoil this beast is putting out...anyone know of a place that sells replacement slides? or maybe even a metal slide?