RC Cars

happy.al

When I was clearing out some old stuff I found my old RC Car, thought I'd share some pictures and ask if anyone else has any RC stuff?

P061208_1029.jpg

P061208_102901.jpg

P061208_102902.jpg

P061208_102903.jpg

This one started life as a Tamyia F201, bit all thats left of Taymia is the gearbox housing. I use to race 1/12th scale, so this F1 car was just for fun. might dig around for my old stuff and see if the locals still race :)

I used to have a cen CTr4 it claimed to do 70mph it was so fast i couldnt drive it anywhere !, it was far to fast for the playground

When i got to test it at an air strip it actually did 83mph, hit a tiny stone and flew into the air crashing breaking almost every single part, i never got around to repairing it. Its with the rest of my RC cars somewhere in the loft.

I have a Cen CTR4 and the off road version, a Tmax and an E maxx

At my school we used to have an RC club, hence my little collection :)

Have a Kyosho Tracker, electric.

Doesn't work tho, needs a new batt, new body and various suspension parts.

It's almost 10 years old, got it for christmas back in -98. I beat the ###### out that thing. :D

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I might be able to find spare parts? Kyosho's website yielded nothing last time I checked. :(

Decided to take a look at the little Tracker and see what parts really are needed.

It's in bits at the moment, but it seems that there isn't any parts that I really need exept some new o-rings for the shocks and a new batt.

Also found an old unpainted body my dad bought a few years back. :D

I'll post some pics when I've got the thing back together. ;)

Airsoft is expensive enough for me without offroad cars.

Ha, very true.

I have a Traxxas T-Maxx (I think) that my dad bought a few years back and then gave to me. The thing is too damn complex and fragile, and every time I tried to use it it took at least a half hour to get running, then 15 minutes to get running smoothly, then after ten minutes of real use another thing would break and cost $50+ to repair. It was really fun though, but just way too expensive and too much trouble for me. I guess unlike airsoft, I prefer my RC cars to be electric and cheap. :D

I still have the thing laying around here someplace, but IIRC the engine needs to be rebuilt and a few pieces of the chassis have snapped off. I think it was going to cost about $250 to get it running...

If anyone wants it let me know. :P

lol, I can't believe someone made a thread like this. Oh well. :D

Yeah, when I was younger, I had a Duratrax DX Pro Buggy, I think...

I still have that sucker sitting around somewhere. I've been thinking about converting it for airsoft use, actually. :P

I could paint the fiberglass shield matte ARPAT, then install some sort of camera. That would be awesome. :)

Anybody else had this idea?

Archived