WW2 Kit Discussion

PrivateCobb

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll want a sten to be honest.

Mot only were thompsons only really used by commandos and some SAS post 43 but you'd also want a 1928 model as the British didnt use the M1A1

Depends on how accurate you want your game to be to be honest.

No one i know would have a problem with you gaming with a thompson, at the end of the day as i always say its your hobby.

an Mp40 is better than a thompson but really suits 1st Airborne Division best as all the accounts of UK airborne using a *lot* of captured kit come from the accounts of Arnhem when they were denied their usual supply lines. Much less of an issue for the men of the 6th in Normandy or at Varsity.

Its quite good if you were going for late war line infantry, nothing about it says commando though.

Trademark commando kit includes green berets, cap comforters, FS knives, commando pattern trousers, scrubbed webbing, plimsoles rather than boots etc.

What you have there is a very good infantry section commanders impression, namely ammo boots, blancoed webbing, windproof suit, steel helmet and sten.

Commandos also used the Thompson more than the sten.

gadge got any pics of the commandos?

Here you go, i did a quick 'commando raider' impression. Mid to late war.

Denim battledress (as worn on the dieppe raid), cap comforter, 'water wings' life vest, 37 pat webbing, sten gun (although a 1928 thompson is more apt).

Really i should have plimsoles and an FS knife as well but i dont own either!

DSCF3167.jpg

DSCF3170.jpg

Archived