PTRS-41

snake_goth

So now that i have way too much time on my hands and enugh tools, decided to try my hand at a custom rifle, so i got looking, and stumbled into this (found it randomly before finding out it was in COD5)

800px-PTRS_41.jpg

mosly got it down what ill be using, its not skirmish worthy, as its 2020mm long, or 6ft 9 inches. going to use some thin metal tubing for the barrel, and hammer a large bit flat either side for the receiver, plasticard etc to make it and use a KJW mk1 for the firing parts.

Ideas, Tips, and anymore info is welcome, anyone have some measurements of it? better/more photos?

Also anyone know where i could get a inner barrel long enugh for that thing?

Cheers.

An inner barrel that long wouldnt make much sense, since the length of the barrel must be proportional to the volume of the cylinder, or the air will fill up only part of the barrel, while the BB is still in it, making it loose speed before it leaves the muzzle or maybe even (according to some) cause vacuum and suck-up effect.

Simply use the barrel of the donor gun and, if it shoots straight, it wont hit the walls if the outer barrel.

Cheers and I hope you get this done!

unless he, say, uses a gas gun like he said he would.

Still i doubt the ruger will releace enough gas to fill a barrel two meters long, even if you modified it.

Looks like a fairly simple external mod for a ruger carbine, with your skills i mean ;).

Good luck

Still i doubt the ruger will releace enough gas to fill a barrel two meters long, even if you modified it.

IIRC (It's been a long time since I had mine) the KJ MKI releases a lot of gas when fired. Usually propane clouds will shoot out of the barrel. Not sure if it will be enough, but it might be. I don't think anyone's ever done anything like this before, so probably the only way to know is to try it.

You shouldn't notice any increase in accuracy with an inner barrel longer than carbine length. Hop is what really matters (unfortunately KJ hop is pretty poo). You should be fine with having the inner barrel end before the barrel does, as long as the exiting BBs don't hit anything on their way out.

This thing is going to have an insane muzzle velocity if you choose to go full length inner barrel. I wouldn't be surprised if it chronoed two bajillion FPS.

Snowman, they were ok against armoured cars/light tanks. Armoured cars it punch holes in, but Light tanks, I believe the effect achieved was just light spalling, injuring the crew

EDIT: Also, looking forward to this one... M82 ain't nothin'

from my reasearch they where used against tanks, then when the armour became too thick they just aimed for the optics to try and blind the crew, not really bothered about stupid high fps as, well, the things going to be longer than my bed, like ill be able to use it to skirmish, very shiney range/wallhanger it shall be.

Looking at building materials now, thinking a couple of layers of 2mm plasticard for the body now, still unsure, proberly start work in a few days after ive poped down to B&Q and had a look at there pipes and stuff.

It would be awesome if you made this expend an entire 12g CO2 cartridge each shot. It could probably be done, load them into the mag like rifle rounds, and have the hammer push the cartridge forward to be pierced when fired. You would get one heck of a muzzle blast from that! It would be sad to see the 14.5 represented by a sissy little pop from a regular airsoft pistol.

Actually you want to have gas (be it air from in AEGs and hand-cocking guns or synthetic gas in gas guns) to propel the BB all the way until it leaves the barrel. Lets say the barrel has 1 cubic meter of inner volume: you need to put 1 cubic meter of gas into the barrel so the BB is pushed by the gas all the time. Holes in the front of the barrel are only going to destabelize the BB.

In gas guns (sorry didnt read that part of your OP well) there's usually no problem with that, that's why you always see a small gas cloud coming out of the barrel. But a 2 metre long inner barrel could not be fully filled up by the gas, if the Mk1 released as much gas as my KJW M700 you wouldnt have much of a problem, but I doubt that.

You could always widen the holes of the gas valve, to create a super-high-flow valve and put a stronger spring on the striker wich would let more gas out of the magazine.

Either way, a barrel that long would have to be custom made, maybe go to Dees custom barrels and shoot them an email. I dont think it will be cheaper than 100-150$ though. And shipping costs will be a *badgeress*, custom packing to make sure it isnt bent on the way to your home and stuff.

BUT... a shorter barrel (normal length) wich pops a lot of gas into the wider outer barrel could give your gun an intimidating sound (or suppres it, someone should try it out and let us know).

cheers!

Snowman, they were ok against armoured cars/light tanks. Armoured cars it punch holes in, but Light tanks, I believe the effect achieved was just light spalling, injuring the crew

EDIT: Also, looking forward to this one... M82 ain't nothin'

These were rarely used even compared to their rarely-used-but-more-common counter part, the PTRD single shot.

Ammo was scarce and putting a scope on any of these rifles was mostly experimental or uncommonly done.

As for tank busting, mostly light skinned vehicles were targeted, but well aimed shots to viewing slots, treads, or the *albatross* of some tanks could neutralize. Also, there was one confirmed Anti Aircraft kill, but with the PTRD.

Disregarding the previous, I'd just like to comment and say that this'd be an interesting piece to see done in airsoft.

Good luck.

:thumbs-up:

i like your idea dobey, but unfortunatly i lack the knowhow and tools to make a co2 fireing mech, though ill keep it in mind incase a mech works its way into my head, oh and guys ive worked out the barrel to be about, 1080mm long, split into two parts, first part 686 and the second 396, i was thinking of having two seperate barrels, and using springs to push them tightly against each other when the barrels are assembeled, maybe create some better seal somehow, ideas?

Ps, hmmm, actualy that number looks wrong proportion wise to the rest of the gun... damn.

yeah this dude sugested it,

on anouther note, brainwave hit me, moscarts? either full size or those smaller ones they made for that peq launcher, that, pluss batton ends, high power gas and a good seal so all the power pushes the round out, tight barrel with some type of antigrip lining.

Input?

PS, thinking about it, dobey, well both be following each others posts closely eh?

id contact EDGI on the barrel issue, they could make you an extended length MK1 barrel in a 6.00, and port the end to make it more accurate. ill bet if you run it off of propane you should be good to go with with the extended barrel, but you will be looking at a FPS well over 500.. perhaps you can run the inner barrel half the length with some barrel spacers (slightly loosely fiting due the the inner barrel moves back to fire the bb) and line the rest of the distance with foam or such and port the outter barrel to off gas the propane to not disturb the bb's flight. so you'll get the best possible accuacy (6.00 tightbor, and spacers) and keep it sneaky (ported inner and outter barrel with foam) i did a project like this with a TM MK23 socom pistol. i had a barrel made that was double the length of the origonal in a 6.01, it shot around 500, and outranged my upgraded VSR

Archived