Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

check out http://www.fire-support.co.uk/ or http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ i know the later is in hongkong again but you can order things individually or small amounts to avoid the import charges

the prometheus stuff is pricey but believe me since im trying to make my own parts.. the promy stuff is the muts nuts..both in design and execution.

And the m4 sopmod is an aeg to end all aeg purchases .. so why not spend big hehe

the only way id get rid of mine is if there was 10 new versions and i kinda liked the look of another one lol, i wouldnt pass up this guns accuracy for anything.

the carbines nice.. it has a better recoil too ..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

^Ignore that post, discovered the SOCOM.

I saw the gearbox video and that the spring is a different length. So if I wanted to up the fps to like 360 I would just take a normal 360 spring and just cut it to length? Or would I have to make up for the length with a stronger/weaker spring?

From what I saw the gearbox looks lke it can take a hefty spring, right?

Also on the SOCOM model the battery connector looks like a small tamiyanananaheyheyheygoodbye (sp lol). And I can still use those types of batteries and chargers correct?

Righty then dudes, I'm just about to order my barrel for my SOPMOD... but I've come across a dilemma.

There's these two barrels and I see barely any difference between them:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product-info.php?id=1552

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product-info.php?id=2752

Can anyone recommend one and reasons why? Also Richard, you told me FS also sold various SOPMOD internal upgrade parts? I can't seem to find them :( I need the cylinder head, piston head, piston, spring and air seal nozzle. Can you help me track them down on Fire Support please?

Hohum... I'm kinda decided to mod my gun with a Larue SBR-S (gooseneck) rail - of course replica

Now what do I need?

-http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1722&osCsid=f3d392644b407049caac330071d35ba9

-The 10.5" Laylax barrel

-What gas block ?

Will that rail fit ? Is there a better replica out there?

Make those available but in a form that's resistant to damage (battery box?) and I'll buy :)

umm what do you mean? ive done it that way so it maintains the quick change connector but is a lipo? its solid becuase the sopmod casing screwed on to it. It has to look like it does so that it fits into the crane stock on the quick connection.

if theres demand i can make them to order but they aint cheap lol prob will be 80 plus some shipping thats me making a little over a tenner for my self. Parts are about 35 for an original battery plus 25 for the lipo plus any shipping for me to get them plus a tenner, so yeah bout 80 but if you havent brought any quick change batterys or you want to send me your quick change battery that then makes it cheaper ! Im trying to buy in a few 11.1v batterys to do the same with as well. They will only be 1600 mah though still would last a while

Here to help ! hehe

dunno man all you can do is run through in your mind what happened leading up to it.. its hi torque so its gunna go quick but all the teeth i think is a record.. even the metal one ?

double check all the teeth on the sector gear are still in take take it out and count the under side too...

the bevel and spur and might monsters but that sector gears a weak little mouse by comparison..

ive not got one bit of sign of wear on my piston 7 month in but im running the standard piston head, and the sopmod doesnt exactly get any where near high rof to cuase problems.. im still gunna make a shiny piston though :P

well ill be measuring them both anyway. If the promy head is 1mm to long or too short then thats going to move the piston resting position back or forth by 1mm. That in turns going to alter the aoe. So it could be a problem, that said many people here are running the upgrades problem free.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Finally mine M4 Sopmod arrived, i've waited for this gun over one month. I have 2 questions:

1. My riffle arrived from HK and has 100 V 50 Hz mains input power charger with it. I need to buy 230 V / 110 V adaptor / transformer, any suggestions from UK based guys ?

2. What upgrades should i do to reach 330 - 350 fps ? I know Richard is doing great job with springs. But what else ?

Edited by Nazio
Ive been running my gun at 355 fps with a non cut spring for about seven months now without issue.

The only recommendation i have would be potentially porting the piston head since stock Tm piston heads do NOT come ported. Its not necessary but its an efficiency upgrade.

What spring are you running Magz?

cost / performance id recommend the prometheus 6.03 honestly if i price my 6.01s the same as pdi you all can line me up and shot me with your sopmods... granted a laser cutting machine is rare but once the r and d and setup is done they can crank those barrels out dime a dozen i cant wait to get selling these springs and get moving on the metal stuff. And show them how its really done hehe