KilloMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the way I see it:

1) this is super esoteric knowledge hoarded by nerds
2) there are a lot of socially dysfunctional asshats in the airsoft community
3) there are a lot of people expecting free handouts in the airsoft community

So when loads of people from group #3 show up asking for easy answers to problems, group #2 (that probably has the answers) starts to feel like group 3 hasn't earned the answers. Of course there's a good and a bad way to handle this. Oftentimes people snap unrelated to the actual question but because it's the 20th time that question has been asked in the past week or whatever. Of course, the fact that most of this *suitcase* happens over FB now has made this worse since there's really no good way to search and people especially don't bother.

Most impressionists seem to be judgmental, OCD *albatrosses*. In a German impressionist circle I got *suitcase* for having a GenV plate carrier instead of a GenIV carrier on my Kampfretter kit. The only visible difference between the two is in the shoulder straps. Meanwhile they all hypocritically use USP45s because they're the only readily available full-size USP on the market. But a GenV in place of a GenIV for the exact same reason? Nope, you've gone too far. 

Anyway, kit pic?

I see this idea a lot too.  If I have 90% of the kit, why won't the elitists accept it and throw my photo a like?

I don't know.  I don't know why they don't like you. 

It looks like you had an argument with sigma3 in the AK Pictures thread about SS Leto, where he corrected you.  It sucks getting corrected, I get that, but that's not the fault of impressionism. 

Considering all the "free work" impressionists spit out on boards, I think putting up with their (*our*) negative attitudes and lack of social graces is just part of the game.  Don't want to play in the impression game?  Don't.  Post like DarkLite and have fun doing what it is that you want to do.  

At least you HAVE Russian impression FB groups. At one of my local groups, the soviet fanboys think a JG Beta Spetsnaz is really used by spetsnaz and chicom rigs get more attention because they have literally no idea of what even a Tarzan vest is, much less a Defender. Not even KLMKs.

Considering all the "free work" impressionists spit out on boards, I think putting up with their (*our*) negative attitudes and lack of social graces is just part of the game. 

Nope.

Being good at what you do does not give you license to be a *Ubar*. I'm good at tech work. If someone shows up telling me that they're getting 500fps out of a M90 spring, I'll tell them that's unlikely, but I'm not going to be a *Ubar* about it.

Same thing applies. You can get the information across without being a wanghammer. If you are being a wanghammer, it's because you're a wanghammer, not because you know more than the other person.

Nope.

Being good at what you do does not give you license to be a *Ubar*. I'm good at tech work. If someone shows up telling me that they're getting 500fps out of a M90 spring, I'll tell them that's unlikely, but I'm not going to be a *Ubar* about it.

Same thing applies. You can get the information across without being a wanghammer. If you are being a wanghammer, it's because you're a wanghammer, not because you know more than the other person.

You don't really get to decide that. Enjoy your Russian camo while the Russian geardo world still turns with or without your participation.

Well here's why I critiqued those made-up Crye pants: it was posted in a Russian-centric topic, in a photo with other authentic Russian gear. In other words, where people might draw the conclusion that it was "correct."  I wouldn't have done that if it was posted by itself as "look at these wacky cool pants I got" or in the "random weekend kit pics" threads, because in those places there's an assumption that anything goes – and that's totally fine by me. People play this game different ways, cool.

So again, sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers about it, but a lack of critique also leads to people making *suitcasey* "accurate" kits and spreading misinformation... and leads to exactly the thing that renegadecow was just complaining about.

So, definitely taking some interest in Russian kit as we've got a big "Red Dawn" based game in the pipe. Reading through this thread to connect some dots.

1) The term Be Nice is clearly outlined in the site rules here.

2) So Be Nice.

I see this idea a lot too.  If I have 90% of the kit, why won't the elitists accept it and throw my photo a like?

I don't know.  I don't know why they don't like you. 

It looks like you had an argument with sigma3 in the AK Pictures thread about SS Leto, where he corrected you.  It sucks getting corrected, I get that, but that's not the fault of impressionism. 

Considering all the "free work" impressionists spit out on boards, I think putting up with their (*our*) negative attitudes and lack of social graces is just part of the game.  Don't want to play in the impression game?  Don't.  Post like DarkLite and have fun doing what it is that you want to do.  

Your assumptions are totally incorrect and you are out of line. We did not have an "argument" nor do my comments here have any connection whatsoever to sigma3 or our exchange. 

You don't really get to decide that. Enjoy your Russian camo while the Russian geardo world still turns with or without your participation.

I will, don't worry.

I'm sorry that you don't agree with the idea that being good at Russian kit impressions doesn't mean you have to be a *Ubar*. It must be difficult, having to be a *Ubar* because you like Russian Kit. I was sure that there were nice people who could put together an afghan VDV loadout, but apparently part of putting on your lifchika is adopting a total *Ubar* attitude.

Because, as you've stated, being a Russian Geardo automatically makes you a *Ubar*.

^^^^ This. It is possible to critique something without acting like a *Ubar*. Also I'm sure the elitist had to start somewhere and weren't born knowing everything

CYKA BLYAT YOU FARB *suitcase* ###### ###### *badgeress* NOT EVEN REAL SSO LETO GO BACK TO HATO YOU *fruitcage* CYKA NOT BESLAN ENOUGH 0/10

ALL OF PROGRESSIVE PARTY BORN WITH SPLAV GORKA 3 IN PARTIZAN CYKA

To be fair, it's more like people complaining that a certain group of people act like *Ubarflock*, then one of those people saying "We get to be *Ubarflock* because we know more than you", but then that in itself is being a *Ubar*, thus proving that the certain group of people are in fact, *Ubarflock*.

EDIT: Turns out that a certain naughty word bypassed the filter. Said word rhymes with both 'hat' and 'David Cameron'.

Ha, allmost like Belgian politics.

But I'm digressing too much now.

My opinion: dress however the flying copulation you want. To the men in the field it's a tool or aid. To us it's an aid and any more is snobbism. It's quite know that the soldiers if any army/origin use what they can or modify if needed. How about we use what works best as well? Better chance of getting your impression realistic.

It's quite know that the soldiers if any army/origin use what they can or modify if needed. How about we use what works best as well? Better chance of getting your impression realistic.

Because quite frankly that is not true of many units. "I use what works best" is fine, but not for impressionism. In fact it's quite honestly a defense that I see people use when they get caught not caring about their kit being authentic, but acting like it is. So there you have the whole problem in a nutshell.

So basically the issue here is that some people are *albatrosses* and other people are wayyyyy too defensive. If you don't care about accuracy then you don't care about it, so stop caring about it?

Basically this is a hobby and this is dumb.

Glad to see the backslapping going on.  You did a good job making sure this subforum is safe enough for no Russian Gear Discussion with all that tone policing. 

Ha, allmost like Belgian politics.
But I'm digressing too much now.

My opinion: dress however the flying copulation you want. To the men in the field it's a tool or aid. To us it's an aid and any more is snobbism. It's quite know that the soldiers if any army/origin use what they can or modify if needed. How about we use what works best as well? Better chance of getting your impression realistic.

That would be fine in a pics of your gear subtopic.  This is not that.

You know what, I was going to go on about manners costing nothing or putting comments like 'kiss your mother with that mouth'? But then something amazing happened.

YOLO.

Edit:- seriously though, if you're rude and/or say something nasty to a person, because of what they are wearing, that makes you a *rickroll* *Ubar*. Of course, if said person has offensive comments, on their clothing, then they are also being a *rickroll* *Ubar*.

• 2 months later...

So, I've had various oversuits on the mind for the longest time, and I'd like to ask folks their thoughts on whatever they have.  Stuff like the SPOSN sumrak cut suits, the various tactic-9 aka ESR-Nine suits such as as "Fighter" and "Anglia" cuts (If I understand correctly the fighter cut is thinner material more akin to KLMK), the stuff from BARS, etc.

My limited experience is with my soviet era KLMK set (I believe size 2) and a 50-4 sized Gorka E by SPOSN.  I've worn the former the most out when I play, and I find it to perhaps be the most enjoyable piece of kit I have worn.  My Gorka on the other hand is something I love for general wear come winter as despite being one of the "lighter" variants of gorka, it insulates well enough for me somehow.

I've thought about getting more oversuits for awhile, like a SPOSN sumrak that has the "autumn/faded" reverse to the yellow/bronze Berezhka pattern for a slightly more less obvious alternative to my KLMK suit.  It seems many shops have the ones that reverse to the white pattern though, at least for the ones I might order from do.  I've loved the sumpftarn pattern on BARS' version of a sumrak suit, as it is unmistakably a "tan" faction color (since most games held here still run on that format) that is not digital pattern like "sumrak" pattern suits from Tactic-9. 

Anyways, for folks that have any sort of oversuit, feel free to chime in.

Archived