WE Gas Blow Back M4 - CO2 Magazine Proto Type

Airsoft Buddy

On the GG mags, there are two little nubs that help keep the baseplate in place. They're pretty secure but if you drop the mag just right it may pop off, but I wouldn't expect it to slip all the way off even if something like that were to happen. It takes a bit of force to get off by hand though, sometimes you might even need a slotted screwdriver to help (or really strong fingernails).

Matrix, the base plate is thick enough not to warp from the torque it takes to open the screw. the aluminum keys that come with KWC CO2 guns are just as thick and they do fine with it, not that it actually takes a lot. but i share your concern with loosing the cap.

also, they expect us to buy a sufficient amount of magazines so we refill the CO2 between rounds instead of in the field.

and the caps are about 1 inch in diameter and 3/4 inches in height, so their a good size.

Matrix, the base plate is thick enough not to warp from the torque it takes to open the screw. the aluminum keys that come with KWC CO2 guns are just as thick and they do fine with it, not that it actually takes a lot. but i share your concern with loosing the cap.

Alright, thanks... Just looked like they were using real-steel mag base-plates in the photos - and believe me, I've ruined more than a few of those without ever trying to use one as an improvised screwdriver.

also, they expect us to buy a sufficient amount of magazines so we refill the CO2 between rounds instead of in the field.

and the caps are about 1 inch in diameter and 3/4 inches in height, so their a good size.

Yeah, I was more thinking about use in full-day OPs... Where, if you're lucky, you *might* have a FOB to reload and resupply at in relative comfort.

As for size, I was estimating them to be about the same size as the brass base on a high-base 12 guage shell. Fairly good sized, but still small enough to lose easily if dropped in the field. (Soft dirt and tall grass are amazingly effectively at removing dropped items from our plane of existance and redepositing them into some other, etherial, realm - from which there is no return).

nice to see development in CO2 mags :) i wonder how long it'll be until GHK start thinking about doing CO2 mags for their AKs. with the expansion chamber in GHK mags i reckon that'd perform really well.

GHK has already finished the design and testing of their CO2 mag. .it's ready for production...(word from an authorized GHK dealer)

The biggest issue with the using the 12 grams CO2 powerlets. .now you have to change those AND your bbs. . with the WE M4 mgs, you get two mags worth on one 12g powerlet. . .which means, you have to reload your mag with bbs to use it again. . OR do you just dump the mag (or turn it upside down cuz you're out of bbs but still have CO2 left). The CO2 mag is almost useless even if you CAN get 2 mags worth of bbs through it because you're not gonna want to reload the bbs ..you'll just dump it. . and then once you use all your mags..you'll reload...how can you be sure that you still have CO2 left in the mag after the 1st reload? OR knowing which mag has already been reloaded and empty of gas or half-empty of gas?

carrying around several 12grams..clanking around..louder than bbs shaking around. Or do you stuff the 12 grams into a shotgun bandoleer?

I mean gas in mag (GIM ) has the same issue. .you have to carry a can of green gas to fill. . but at least you once you empty the bbs, you're pretty much out of gas too and you can just "dump" your mag. When you reload bbs, you reload gas.

GHK has already finished the design and testing of their CO2 mag. .it's ready for production...(word from an authorized GHK dealer)

The biggest issue with the using the 12 grams CO2 powerlets. .now you have to change those AND your bbs. . with the WE M4 mgs, you get two mags worth on one 12g powerlet. . .which means, you have to reload your mag with bbs to use it again. . OR do you just dump the mag (or turn it upside down cuz you're out of bbs but still have CO2 left). The CO2 mag is almost useless even if you CAN get 2 mags worth of bbs through it because you're not gonna want to reload the bbs ..you'll just dump it. . and then once you use all your mags..you'll reload...how can you be sure that you still have CO2 left in the mag after the 1st reload? OR knowing which mag has already been reloaded and empty of gas or half-empty of gas?

carrying around several 12grams..clanking around..louder than bbs shaking around. Or do you stuff the 12 grams into a shotgun bandoleer?

I mean gas in mag (GIM ) has the same issue. .you have to carry a can of green gas to fill. . but at least you once you empty the bbs, you're pretty much out of gas too and you can just "dump" your mag. When you reload bbs, you reload gas.

Does the CO2 capsule really leak that quickly?

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be better if they show the shooter loading a co2 into the mag. Not that I'm saying they're faking the co2 mags but it'd definitely add credibility. With the lack of an appropriate expansion chamber the mag would definitely suffer a cool down.

didnt see the video? its very consistent, and its only the first prototype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnLRxfcT8SE...re=channel_page

• 1 month later...

I might have missed it but surely one of the best reasons for CO2 mags is to take advantage of its cold weather performance.

CO2 has a much lower boiling point than propane. This means that at temperatures where propane wants to be a liquid (e.g. zero to 10 celcius), CO2 is still a gas- 0 Celcius is warm for CO2!

All this means that we can use WE M4 GBBin cold weather whereas at present the WE M4 GBB only starts to work at around 14 Celcius.

For me this is the very best reason for Co2 MAGS.

Archived