Red Dot Sight VS 4x32 magnification for Skirmish

R-KivE

Hi, I am new to airsofting and would like to get a scope for my M4A1.

I really like the look of the Trijon ACOG replicas copes and was wondering which to go for.

I will be using the scope/gun in a medium sized site, nothing too far away and not to close.

Would a red dot sight or a 4x32 magnification be better for battle?

With an assault rifle I'd say the maximum magnification you need is 2x.

I DO like the zoom scope on my M14 which allows me to zoom in for spotting but I always end up zooming back out to 1.5x or 2x for shooting.

The problem is that a 4x scope gives a narrow field of view and that means you can't often lead a moving target properly.

For the actual shooting, a non-magnifying is way faster and just as accurate. Even if you use some magnification, at Airsoft distances somewhere between 1.5-3 is better. When you get to 4x the FoV becomes quite narrow and your aiming slows down.

Some people say they like magnification for spotting as well as seeing where the BB went. I haven't tried these uses but it sounds plausible, although not necessary for the common player.

-Sale

When i was a beginning player i bought all sorts of scopes, sights and other bobbinns for guns.

Do it for the look but in airsoft you simply do not need them.

I use iron sights 99 per cent of the time now.

At 50 metres (effective range for most guns) you dont need optics unless you have some sort of visual impairment.

When i stripped the red dot, tac light, laser, foregrip and pencil sharpener off the ris rails on my g36 it was about a KG lighter and loads easier to sling about...

I'm with Gadge in this one.. My M4 has a 2x red dot scope purely for the look along with the silencer (it also hides the M16 inner barrel)

For everything else it is irons or more usually instinctive snap shooting. Like everyone else IU started out with red dots, scopes etc, btu always found I was looking around them...

Archived