Paintball vs airsoft showdown

cpaxton

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why my comment sounded weird? I'm not sating any sport sucks, just saying that some PB guns can shoot faster on semi auto, then most airsoft guns can on full auto. Does everyone understand now?

Stop and repeat this sentence in your head multiple times:

A KWA Mac11, can shoot about 25 BPS on fullauto, and some Paintball Guns can shoot 30 BPS on semi auto!

A KWA Mac11, can shoot about 25 BPS on fullauto, and some Paintball Guns can shoot 30 BPS on semi auto!

If you dont get it then i'll just drop it...

Stop and repeat this sentence in your head multiple times:

If you dont get it then i'll just drop it...

Sorry mates, still don't get it. I don't know whats wrong.

eww

Being a Former Painball maniac (much to my own shame) I really was into the sport (to the point of paying thousands on equipment). It was fun, but I decided to give airsoft a try for several reasons:

1.) I was being hopeful that not EVERY PLAYER would cheat (this is true!)

2.) I didn't want the oily nasty PB residue on everything I own.

3.) Paintball requires uber $$ to get into tournament play (not to mention paint...) whereas airsoft CAN be cheaper.

4.) I wanted to customize my gun, which was easily possible.

All in all I have found all of these reasons to be intact. Though new to airsoft, It is way more fun than PB ever was!! Rock on Airsofters!!

I also find that airsofters are alot more friendly than paintballers, they have a nice attitude opposed to some paintballers who tend to take the sport too seriously up to the point where they cheat and abuse the opposite team.

Airsoft tends to be more laid back and friendly.

On another note im going up to Delta Force Direct soon and was wondering if anyone had been and if its any good?

Yeah airsoft definately has much better looking guns and kit, and is much cheaper on the most part. Much cleaner too. The guns are more accurate, and a hell of a lot easier to aim. Generally the people and manufacturers tend to be much nicer people, theres been many a time on a skirmish when ive shot someone and heard them shout 'NICE SHOT MAN' at me, as opposed to the paintball equivalent of 'YOU BLEEPING BLEEP BLEEPER' need i go on?

Rock on airsoft, much better than paintball, QED.

On the subject of whether or not airsofters would win, well, you give all the airsofters strictly semi auto guns, that do roughly the same fps as the paintballers guns, then we would have a reasonably fair game. But still, airsofters would have more ammo, higher clip capacity, quicker clip changing times, and generally the higher accuracy thing. Though the paintballers might be saved by the fact that they would be more used to using semi auto, whereas airsofters are all used to opening up their P90 at 15 rounds per second!

Yeah, airsoft brings out the REAL sportsman ship in Mil-Sim for me. Paintball is a boaring game of hide and go seek. Airsoft is skills and fast pace. I dunno but i thought the group i play with was gonna do a paintball vs airsoft sometime. I dont really know forsure though... :o

i heard they actually have a paintballing leauge and profesional players in russia, lol in mean paintballing would make a good spectator sport and so would airsoft but if airsoft went mainstream like that there would definatly be a ton more dishonerable cheaters wouldnt there?

You do know that what you just said makes absoloutely no sense at all right?

It depends on how fast you pull the trigger, there is no set time for how many rounds per second it can fire as everyone will fire at a different rate on semi auto.

Actually there is a max paintballers can fire (normally about 18-20 bps for a high standard gun, and of course that depends on how fast they can pull the trigger. Any fasted than that and you'll get a chop, which isn't good. However, I have to agree that because of the 'softers' high rof, the mags would be out in minutes (hi-caps anyone?)

p.s. who gave me them two rep-points? my first two, must say thanks!

For me, paintball was fun, but the same old guns, they got boring for me after awhile. But with airsoft, you get a whole variety, so many upgrades.. realistic guns... i just think its much better :).

-ham-

It was the rampant cheating that took the fun out of paintball for me. And being shot while wearing a bright fruitcaging orange marshals vest. Was it not obvious?

Having said that, there weren't that many cheats, just they do tend to ruin the game, and there is no doubt they were hit, but they kept firing anyway. Same is true of Airsoft i suppose.

If the PBs took thier hits, they wouldn't stand a chance against airsoft. The lose out on range, ROF (in general) and ammo capacity. Plus it costs them more every time they fire.

It was the rampant cheating that took the fun out of paintball for me. And being shot while wearing a bright fruitcaging orange marshals vest. Was it not obvious?

Having said that, there weren't that many cheats, just they do tend to ruin the game, and there is no doubt they were hit, but they kept firing anyway. Same is true of Airsoft i suppose.

If the PBs took thier hits, they wouldn't stand a chance against airsoft. The lose out on range, ROF (in general) and ammo capacity. Plus it costs them more every time they fire.

Well it's much easier to cheat in airsoft - that's the main problem with it as a sport and probably why it will never go mainstream like paintball.

the group i play with was gonna do a paintball vs airsoft sometime.

That would be cool, let us know how it goes. :D

And i'll take you on with that paintball gun and you can have the TM.

ooohhhh..! someone is getting a little touchy!! BTW no hard feelings but come on this is an airsoft forum, what do you expect when we talk about paintball. :blink:

p.s. who gave me them two rep-points? my first two, must say thanks!
I gave you one, and garry, you can check by clicking where it says 2pts. :D
Well it's much easier to cheat in airsoft - that's the main problem with it as a sport and probably why it will never go mainstream like paintball.

Too true, as long as it's only played by 'enthusiasts' the cheating will be at a mnimum. Going mainsteam opens it up fpr abuse. Out of curiosity, how do the japanese handle it. Airsoft is waaaay bigger over there. Is it a cultural difference?

I think it would be much harder to cheat at paintabll because ur marked my paint and it hurts liek a *badgeress* (pardon my french).

The guns we use are around 400fps tipmann's. The do arc after a while but this can be sued as a tactical advantage. Plus u dont have to have any painballins in ur gun to fire it. I often team up with sum1 and play so that one person has no ammo, the other has ammo. The ammoless person shoots wildley in the general direction of the attackers and the other person runs to gain a vantage point. (it's funny to watch as people hit the dirt when they ehar the crack of c02 :D).

We actually won ctf like this :o.

I have had lots of fun at paintballing but i cant wait till I get round to airsofting :D :D :D.

me and alpha-urban-bravo played paintballing vs. airsoft but it kinda sucked, it was when we were noobs and they wouldnt call thier hits, well they told us after but the guys are cool we played with. but i didnt really think it worked as a lack of communication and cheating and fogging masks and our manlyness stuck out so much we where spotted quite a lot.

anywho airsoft rules :)

Archived