New type DBoys HK416

TheFull9

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my American brethren, you can judge for yourself but it *seems* that RSOV doesn't destroy the trades. This is what they emailed me back:

Dear sir,

About damage the trademarks , we cannot do it .

Many thanks

siuhung and sales team

KND enterprise limited

To my American brethren, you can judge for yourself but it *seems* that RSOV doesn't destroy the trades. This is what they emailed me back:

Just tell them to put electrical tape over the trades when you can make "Special Notes". Its worked for me a couple times.

Just tell them to put electrical tape over the trades when you can make "Special Notes". Its worked for me a couple times.

Thanks for that tibit, I was just about to order it too. I figure I'll risk getting it while I can. Worst case I order a replacement body from ebaybanned when it comes out (I know they don't cover gun part's trades, they will scratch the trades though on a complete gun... go figure...).

Pics coming when I get it, as I have an AG36 waiting for it.

EDIT

Also ordered a double magazine electric type, figuring why not. I put what you said in the notes so we'll see how it comes. If this works out then gunners in the US will have a way of getting a decent HK416 with real trades.

I can't wait for this to release here in the Philippines!!

@Darklite

how is the weight? is it heavy? evenly distributed? front heavy?

They're starting to copy ar15's from VFC! i hope they release a KAC SR16 or a Mk18 Mod0!! Win!!

You know I just thought of something, this is a copy of the VFC right? Anyone who got it already notice any stock wobble?

A tiny bit when I took it out of the box - but that took all of 5 seconds to fix.

Righto, a few things:

1) The hop-up unit is *suitcase*. It's a metal one-piece, but it's *suitcase*. It stops the mags from engaging properly because it can twist a few degrees to either side, it doesn't hold it's position and the rubber isn't all that great at all. The ELEMENT hop-up unit fits like a dream though, and now there is no problem with the mags at all.

2) The bolt cover is a very thin piece of sheet steel. Be careful with it, as if, like me, you are an idiot and bend it out of shape when seperating the reciever halves to put in the new barrel/hop-up combo, it will catch on the hop-up unit and the bolt catch will become erratic.

3) I'm going to take it to a game tommorow. It's somewhat disappointing that the internals are still bog-standard DBOYs (cept the gearbox shell). The Externals are just wonderful.

On the plus side of things, the externals are beautiful and the internals are a piece of particularly easy p**s to replace and repair.

How much does the bolt catch bits interfere with take down? Is it just slide forward and jiggle? I've never actually worked on a normal V2 gun and this is very tempting for a dedicated CQB build with the HK416 stubby stock

Its not the bolt catch its the bolt cover or dust cover and you can but they solid as a rock G&P dust cover for like 8 bucks and pop that sucker right on.(I happened to have a few laying around, It affects it about 1 percent, not much at all its pretty straight forward. (Its not like the dust cover will break out of the box it should last as its about the same quality as the classic army dust cover)

Kay, took it to it's first game today.

Issues:

1) Mag catch is a VFC clone, and as such seems to hate all mags except the stock VFC mag and some hicaps. Swapping that out asap.

2) The hop-up unit is poo. Replace.

3) The bolt catch has stopped working, but I know what the problem is with that one - the bolt plate is bent in mine.

Otherwise it performed damn well. Unfortunately the nozzle got broken when some fine gravel got into the hop-up unit. :( Replacements on route.

1) Mag catch is a VFC clone, and as such seems to hate all mags except the stock VFC mag and some hicaps. Swapping that out asap.

1) http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=2045

2) http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=1480

What about these replacements? do you think they will make it perform better? thanks Darklite :)

1) http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=2045

2) http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=1480

What about these replacements? do you think they will make it perform better? thanks Darklite :)

Heh, I have those two parts exactly. The hop-up unit is fantastic, but the mag catch I haven't tried yet.

Kay, took it to it's first game today.

Issues:

3) The bolt catch has stopped working, but I know what the problem is with that one - the bolt plate is bent in mine.

Otherwise it performed damn well. Unfortunately the nozzle got broken when some fine gravel got into the hop-up unit. :( Replacements on route.

my VFC 416 seems to work with my metal G&P mid caps and my MAG brand mid caps. maybe try those

VFC hop up is clear plastic... if the dboys has a metal collar like you say it would probably be a 1up on it compared to the VFC

check the catch that is connected to the gearbox and that it's all connected right. sometime it slips off and you need to reconnect it. As to the person above that said they would replace it with a G&P fake bolt it will not work with the bolt catch system.

my VFC 416 seems to work with my metal G&P mid caps and my MAG brand mid caps. maybe try those

VFC hop up is clear plastic... if the dboys has a metal collar like you say it would probably be a 1up on it compared to the VFC

check the catch that is connected to the gearbox and that it's all connected right. sometime it slips off and you need to reconnect it. As to the person above that said they would replace it with a G&P fake bolt it will not work with the bolt catch system.

MAG Midcaps, GnP midcaps, TM hicaps and CA lowcaps I tried - none engaged well. The mag catch didn't go far enough into the magwell to hold the magazines - often they would fall out just because I was firing the gun!

Good news though - the DBOYS ambi-mag catch works beautifully on the HK416, holding all the mags I have (MAG, CA, TM) just fine.

Hopefully tommorow the parts I need will arrive so I can tune this baby.

Overall verdict:

Pros:

Awesome externals. Just beautiful, really.

Cons: The internals need work. But it's all standard armalite gubbins, so there's no

Well, my nozzle was broken on the field - the gun dropped a mag into some very fine gravel and without thinking I slapped it back in to fire and a rock got into the hop-up and tore up the nozzle a treat.

The mag catch issue I think comes from DBOYs cloning VFC too well - I've seen a few VFC armalites which hated any non-VFC mags.

The stock hop-up is the standard DBOYs metal one-piece. The problem with it is:

1) It doesn't hold it's setting at all well.

2) It can twist from side to side by a few degrees and this stops mags from engaging properly.

The ELEMENT I used to replace it works fine and is plastic - but it holds it's adjustment just perfectly.

Archived