berretta CX4

SEADOG

Heya,

I've been wondering if the berretta CX4 will ever be made into a AEG, I know theres a Springer floating about but I don;t want a springer (In a childish voice). :P

Now there the end of Battlestar Galatica I want one even more :P

So is there even any sort of Romour going around that there might be one coming along?

Rds

SAM

If you do a google search you'd probably find the conversion that someone did either on this forum or ASCUK, buying the CX4 springer and fitting it with a Berreta AEP.

I may dig the link out later, or I may let you do it :P

EDIT:

http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/i...5182&st=20#

Ok, here are the result.

No gain on power whatsover even with an extra guide, still 56m/s with 0.20bb. I though that with this extra outer barrel, it will guide it better but still push the bb at the same speed.

No weak point whatsoever, the aep is firmly in place.

Major drawback... I mean major, as I though, Full Auto was useless on it, plus the fact that the hop up is clearly "moving" / "changing" position, the bb goes everywhere. Aiming is good between 10 / 15 m, after that... It is spray and pray, in semi...

Solution, as it is not masked and paint, I will try to arrange the hop up to be "touchable".

On single shot, it does the job, exactly as an AEP will do, range between 15 / 20m, after that you need to pray or something.

Conclusion : CQB yes, woodland... Er... Nope.

Would I do this again ? Yes, because it is not often you see one of those on a skirmish.

The guide "how to".

To be read a few time before starting.

First of all, check your dremel and make sure you have enough spare parts to make it work. Add some sandpaper, a blade and some chalk and a looooooottt of time, I mean a lot.

First get rid of the internal, spring, piston, the lot from the cx4.

Then, throw away the cover of the M83, as well as the nimh batt. why ?

Simply because, if we leave this batt, we won't be able to reach it, therefor to recharge it, will be impossible, and we need as much as possible to leave intact the inner frame of the cx4...

With a bit of luck, the JLS spring CX4 Storm is only screwed, and not glued.

We will start to cut the back to front, in order to get our brain ready to understand how fragile or solid this plastic is.

Cut a rectangle at the back, the size of a mini type battery. On both half, this mean that you will have the double space to put the battery through.

Then, place the mini battery inside, free the pace but leave 3mm high of the internal skeleton. This must be done all around the batt. Like this the rear is still solid and won't break under pressure.

Inside the rectangle of free space, glue a mouse mat... Yes, I use a mat to make sure that the batt won't get any choc and will be firmly maintain inside. This does the trick.

Then, let's start with the most complicated task, free the space for the M83...

Take a metal saw and follow the back of the plastic which maintain the mag. Easy as hell, just follow the line.

Then, from the picture, try to follow the curve.

Ok, the worse is to come, the barrel come strait on inside where the cx4 barrel was ! Wooohooo !

Then the frame will be giving you headache...

Take some chalk, start by putting the front of the barrel in place. It should rotate easily. Put some chalk onto the frame. Do not rotate anything, just place in the M83 inside the cx4, everytime it touch something, you should be able to see it. Cut where you see white dust. I know, it is a long process. Take your time. And if you have made mistake it is easy to fix with with some spare material from the mouse mat.

Then, the annoying part, the outer barrel... If you choose like me the m4 barrel, you are just missing 2cm... This gap is just so... Grrrr !

So, I decided to cut the rest of the inner barrel, to bridge the outer with the m83 barrel.

How to place the outer barrel ? Just cut half a circle from where the origanl barrel was. A real simple thing to do.

For the wiring, I have use a simple cable (+ / -) 3mm from a very old lamp. Take a look at your AEP, which can be different as mine, just follow the plus which equal red. Simple as hell. Stick everything in place with glue or silicon or else. and done.

If you want extra picture, just get in touch via pm. It may take time for me to answer but I will help as far as I can.

Wishing you all a nice day.

Funny enough, I have played with it and nobody had notice it...

There's other info on the thread, all credit goes to wotzat, the image galleries seem to of been lost, but I'm sure if you poke wotzat he'd be happy to re-up them.

I'm considering cutting the grip out of my springer version, so I can put a Mk23 pistol with a full length VSR barrel in it. Silent and accurate.

I thought about doing that but couldnt work up the guts to walk in and ask for the CX4 springer....

Jim

Archived