Hop-up rubber for AW 338 (extremely velocity)

debris

What kind of hop rubbers I must use for hight muzzle velocity? My AW 338 has 184-185 m\s with 0,43 Madbull BB. I broke 2 prometheus rubber. Prometheus hard type prom_hop_hard_jpg.jpg is enough for 30-70 shots only then it has gap. What are you thinking about Madbull?

mb_shark_red_jpg.jpg

• Madbull Rubber Enhanced Hop Up Bucking (Red) - 35503
  • Shark Hopup design (Shark Accelerator - 60 degrees)

mb_shark_black_jpg.jpg

• Madbull Rubber Enhanced Hop Up Bucking (Black) - 35501
  • Shark Hopup design (Shark Accelerator)
What is the difference between them?

If somebody has different opinion tell me about it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After re reading his post I'm guessing that its what he says it is, as they do recon that the promy hard is only ever any good at around 500/.2 and over because its so hard :huh: so if he is bursting them after 50 odd shots, its got to have some balls to it :unsure:

Short answer - find a car tyre that is small enough to wrap round the barrel, that should see it good :D if that then breaks try something for a commercial vehicle :P

To answer the OP dont bother they are way to soft, and only designed for sensible fps'

After re reading his post I'm guessing that its what he says it is, as they do recon that the promy hard is only ever any good at around 500/.2 and over because its so hard :huh: so if he is bursting them after 50 odd shots, its got to have some balls to it :unsure:

Short answer - find a car tyre that is small enough to wrap round the barrel, that should see it good :D if that then breaks try something for a commercial vehicle :P

love i read it as 600fps with 0.43g's so thats like what 800fps with 0.20g? lol

i doubt there is a hop rubber that will cope with 600fps with 0.20g

looks like another guy trying to push his rifle to the extreme, I know marinesgt on ASR is running a VSR at 827fps w/ .2s with a hard type firefly, but I've read that aftermarket silicone rubbers don't last too long, and when you're running at that high an fps using hopup becomes an extreme precision thing. best to stick to 500-600 fps w/ .2s unless you're trying for 300' and above shots. A lot of people are fps-hungry (I think I used to be too) but you have to remember fps isn't everything and accuracy becomes a major issue when you're running that high fps too, stick to 500-600 is more than enough for airsoft and you should be more than happy with that :)

Pretty sure theres only a few states in the US that let you play over 600 :unsure: and I'm fairly sure they wood pass the proverbial concrete block if they had to play at 350 like some of us are restricted to :rolleyes:

Anything over 5-600fps with a .2 should be the province of "target shooting only" - you simply don't need more power inflation on the field. I totally understand that a lot of folks run privately and love to shoot each other with whatever they feel like, and I equally understand that like cars, or computers, or any other "male" interest Airsoft is a game of numbers (30 RPS!! 600fps!! 6.00mm!!) but honestly, even with AEG's at 400fps or so you only really need 550 ish to give sniper rifles a perfectly acceptable range advantage.

That, and even the best of the current upgrade parts simply aren't designed for rifles in the previously mentioned power bands (7j rifles what the....) so you're simply making a rod for your own back :)

Completely agree with all of ya, its target shooting territory when you're going above 600fps - I have to say though I admire his rifle purely for the video of a bloody 400' shot! lol

link to the vid if you could please, im not on ASR...

link to the vid if you could please, im not on ASR...

you don't have to be to look thru the threads on asr, here's the thread...

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=82689.0

it may look like the shots are curving crazily and are being lobbed but when he zooms back the trajectory becomes quite apparent :o its always good to know what the guys across the atlantic are up to..

its always good to know what the guys across the atlantic are up to..

ah, sorry. didnt realise that.

cheers for linkage though. like you say, its interesting to keep abreast of these things!

it may look like the shots are curving crazily and are being lobbed but when he zooms back the trajectory becomes quite apparent :o its always good to know what the guys across the atlantic are up to..

The best thing about that thread is how complimentary everyone is.

Imagine if he posted it here.

Me 'n old Fresh would be desperate to say 'that's effin fantastic' but wouldn't be able to post as a thousand haters posted 'why does anyone need such a dangerously high fps, you must be a serial killer or something etc. etc'. :D

Greg.

In a nutshell.

600fps with a .43g? Seriously.....why?

(Unless he means he chrono's it at 185 m/s with a .2g and runs .43's in it...)

184 m/s with 0.43 Madbull

188 - 0.4

195-198 - 0.36 Vanaras

209 - 0.29 SGM

Max result was 234 m/s with 0.2 Guarder.

Two variants of rules are in Ukraine. First has 220 m/s top limit for snipers and second 250 m/s. Why I haven't to strive for max result if rule allow it?

Only one idea was in this topic unfortunately :(. Take off offtopic please.

188 - 0.4

195-198 - 0.36 Vanaras

209 - 0.29 SGM

Two variants of rules are in Ukraine. First has 220 m/s top limit for snipers and second 250 m/s. Why I haven't to strive for max result if rule allow it?

Only one idea was in this topic unfortunately :(. Take off offtopic please.

I think that running at that velocity you are just going to have to put up with destroyed hop rubbers - I can't think of anything strong enough to stand it for long. 250m/s just strikes me as....(LOTS OF FUN)....an awfully high FPS rating :)

Me 'n old Fresh would be desperate to say 'that's effin fantastic' but wouldn't be able to post as a thousand haters posted 'why does anyone need such a dangerously high fps, you must be a serial killer or something etc. etc'. :D

Greg.

yes, but unfortunately airsoft is kind of an endangered sport in the UK :( I got blasted just for talking about bb's above .43g... then someone mentioned steel... then it all kicked off lol, the guy might not have had a chance if he posted here.

188 - 0.4

195-198 - 0.36 Vanaras

209 - 0.29 SGM

Only one idea was in this topic unfortunately :( . Take off offtopic please.

Apologies mate sorry to take this off topic wasn't thread-jacking or anything. If it's allowed in your country you have every right to push it at that level, for field or target practice. As I said silicone rubbers aren't a good idea in VSR's at that fps, so I'm guessing the same with your setup. I read noobie on ASR also modded his STOCK bucking to shape like a firefly one and got much better results, maybe you can apply the same principle?? As for the AW338 hop rubbers I don't know much sorry but i hope you can relate to the advice given from VSR talk. Have you tried posting in the AW338 thread? You're bound to get more help there I think.

1, yes, but unfortunately airsoft is kind of an endangered sport in the UK :( I got blasted just for talking about bb's above .43g... then someone mentioned steel... then it all kicked off lol, the guy might not have had a chance if he posted here.

2, Have you tried posting in the AW338 thread? You're bound to get more help there I think.

1, I know. The only reason I didn't join in was 'cos it was obvious where it was going. :rolleyes:

2, I would be pleasantly surprised if anyone on Arnies could help. We have only been allowed to openly talk about + 328fps for about a year. :D

Greg.

It is dangerously high fps but thats really neither here nor there when talking about the hop rubber itself. Simple fact of the matter is that very few people have experience at that level of power (I've never gone above 600fps even for target shooting and consequently never had a hop rubber issue) so I don't know what advice, if any, people could give.

Has there been a side-by-side trial of hop rubbers for extreme FPS durability? I'd have said nothing is going to out-last a Hard Prometheus by a great margin so the obvious response would be to get the OP to ask his fellow snipers in the Ukraine what they use surely?

Archived