US Real Steel Gun Ranges

HaVoC

I never got to fire 7.62- but its the next logical step lol. And yes we did get the 7.62 target rifles all the time *flicks a V at the atc* i just didnt use it myself lol.

How did you manage to fire m4s etc corporal pain? Friendly regs or did you do a foreign weapons course?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, its a bit like the chap at the NH range r22 took me to- he COULD have been carrying god knows what as a side arm.

instead, to defend his bit of turf, he had a basic semi-auto pistol.

I guess he knew he was able to hit his target if need be.

respect.

he has access to everything, but he feels confident that his ability with his lil' semi auto sidearm will see him through.

And I have to say, anyone THAT confident, probably will kick our punk arses. :)

Lemme guess, he was doing double taps and fancy stuff like that? I know some people who could take out a small army with a pistol cause they shoot so damn fast. These are people who are not to be *fruitcage*ed with

I tried to do some double taps with a friend once and did pretty well with his Baretta, but once I tried doing it with double action I fell apart. I went from BAM BAM to click ... ... BAM ... ... ... click ... BAM

Had a go a few years back in CA.

Shot a .38 revolver, a 9mm auto (SIG I think) and a .44 Magnum Model 29 revolver.

The 9mm was depressingly easy to shoot, but the .44 was something else :D

Cheers

the chap in NH was the guy behind the counter- just carried his lil pistol as a precaution against anyone deciding a bit of robbery or mayhem might be a good laugh.

Not saying he was necessarily SENSIBLE to only have a pistol to hand, just that I thought it was nice that he figured it was all he needed.

He probably had an m60 stuffed under the counter though, in case the tax guys turn up :)

Yes Enzo did get to shoot, a pathetic .22 ^_^ hopefully the next time im visting my ucnle Ill be able to shoot the weapons of my choice :D

I may know someone who has both of them on possible order and the civi XM8, I will not say who, but they are a member on this forum *slides into the shadows*

It is ok enzo spill the beans . I put the info up in the f2000 thread already. Havoc man I bid only a short set of words. the m249 is a no no :waggle: . it was created after may 10 1986 there for it is illigal to civilians. Sure you can shoot other guns as long as you have an adult 18 or older with you. for futher questions Aim me and we can sort it out like Enzo and I did. KrazyL117@aol.com

I think there's confusion here over "owning" and "shooting"

the US does have limitations on the civilian ownership of full-auto weapons, but this is at the state level, except, perhaps, regarding some of the newer guns, which it may prohibit.

at teh firing range? it all depends on the state and the range as to what you get to fire. Photo ID will be required, and a responsible adult if there are age restrictions should be taken along.

Other than that, its just a question of what the range has, and will allow you to use- its unlikely that a range will let a 16 yr old with no experience with realsteel fire an m60 without supervision, but you never know!

I think there's confusion here over "owning" and "shooting"

the US does have limitations on the civilian ownership of full-auto weapons, but this is at the state level, except, perhaps, regarding some of the newer guns, which it may prohibit.

at teh firing range? it all depends on the state and the range as to what you get to fire. Photo ID will be required, and a responsible adult if there are age restrictions should be taken along.

Other than that, its just a question of what the range has, and will allow you to use- its unlikely that a range will let a 16 yr old with no experience with realsteel fire an m60 without supervision, but you never know!

varies from range to range- me and r22 went through about $150 or more, and that was only for an hour, with two lanes rented, eye protection, a g19 and an mp5a5, some ikkle paper targets, and several hundred rounds of ammo :D

the cost of range and gun rental is minimal, but it all adds up, especially if its fullauto goodness you're going for :)

Cheers again. I'm thinking of renting maybe a Glock or a Beretta or some other 9mm, then maybe a 1911. Are there rule about taking pics on ranges. Cus some of my mates don't think i'll do it and if permitted post some pics up on here too.

again, it depends on the range- the one we went to allowed you to take pictures, but not of anyone else within the shooting range or hteir guns- basically, keep it to your lane, and they'll be no reason for anyone to get twitchy and think you're a goaddamn treehugging pinko commie A-rab come to take over Utah :)

I'm heading to Nevada and Utah in a couple of months, and I'd absolutely love to do some real-steel shooting while I'm there, to see what it's like and to learn more about gun safety, shooting stances, etc.

I've found a couple of ranges in Las Vegas, most notably THIS ONE, but I'm unsure of the laws associated with this sort of thing, so maybe some of you guys can help me out.

Basically, I have a number of questions:

1 - Can you shoot if you're a non-US citizen?

2 - Can you shoot (in Nevada, at least) if you're only 15 (pretty sure this is a yes, as enzo100 is younger than me and has been RS shooting)

3 - What can you shoot legally there, under the above points? The range I've linked to above does everything up to the M249 (oh dear god, yes please :D), but I'm not sure what I can legally fire.

This thread is ok under the rules, as it doesn't cover the effects of bullets, and please don't make it against the rules by discussing such things...

Anyway guys, fire away! ;)

HaVoC_MaN, you have been getting some good if not mixed advise. You might consider e-mailing the range in Nevada and asking them your questions directly.

Cheers!

Time for this thread to get some facts from someone inside the U.S. firearms industry.

I'm heading to Nevada and Utah in a couple of months, and I'd absolutely love to do some real-steel shooting while I'm there, to see what it's like and to learn more about gun safety, shooting stances, etc.

I've found a couple of ranges in Las Vegas, most notably THIS ONE, but I'm unsure of the laws associated with this sort of thing, so maybe some of you guys can help me out.

Basically, I have a number of questions:

1 - Can you shoot if you're a non-US citizen?

Yes.

2 - Can you shoot (in Nevada, at least) if you're only 15 (pretty sure this is a yes, as enzo100 is younger than me and has been RS shooting)

Yes.

3 - What can you shoot legally there, under the above points? The range I've linked to above does everything up to the M249 (oh dear god, yes please  ), but I'm not sure what I can legally fire.

Anything the range can legally own you can legally shoot.

A quick note on full auto (title II) weapons in the U.S.

As foxtrot said, $600 a year per gun. It varies from state to state, in Va its $600, I think it gets cheaper as you go down south.

Nope. To purchase a machine gun in the U.S. you first find the weapon you want. You work out the payment with the current owner. The current owner will send you two forms (form number 4 or 3, depending on where your gun is coming from) which will have the type of weapon, make, model, serial number, and transferor’s information. You fill out your name, date of birth, address, all that good stuff. You’ll also get two fingerprint cards. You take these down to your local PD and get fingerprinted. On the back of your form 3s or 4s, you must affix a passport quality photo, and write why you wish to purchase a firearm (As long as you don’t put down “bank robbery”, or the like, you’re fine. You don’t need to prove a need to own the weapon.). Now, you take your forms to the local Chief Law Enforcement Officer, this can be the Sheriff, Chief of police, a Judge, County Prosecutor, or someone from the State Highway Patrol. One of these people have to sign the back of the form saying they don’t have any reason to believe you’re going to commit any crimes with your machine gun. After you take care of all of that, you make out a $200 check or money order to the Bureau Of Alochol Tobbaco and Firearms. The only money you pay to legally own a machine gun (other than the price of the gun) is this one time $200 tax. You must pay the tax every time you buy a new machine gun. You toss the Form 3s/4s, completed fingerprint cards, and the $200 check into an envelope and mail it off to the BATF.

The BATF will sit on their asses for a few months, and then, as long as you’re not a felon they’ll approve the transfer. They’ll mail you back one of your forms, with a $200 Tax Stamp affixed to it (looks like an oversided U.S. postage stamp, and as “$200” written on it). At this point you go and pick up your new machine gun from the previous owner.

Archived