SRC MP5

Panzergraf

interesting, yet seams sketchy that gunners has gotten them first. usually we would see them in an american store first before any HK shops.

must be the first few off the assembly line, wish i could grab one.

and gunners does have the sliding stock version:

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1883

honestly, it looks a bit ugly. something seams off...

it may be the whole MP5j type of thing.

are normal AEG claw mounts compatible?

the mags aren't compatible probably because the real MP5 specs are smaller than marui spec. thus the real mags are thinner. i'm not sure how much thinner this new SRC is though.

however, in light of the features of the newest ICS MP5, i may have to pass on this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
honestly, it looks a bit ugly. something seams off...

it may be the whole MP5j type of thing.

Yep, looking at that it does look a bit odd, the proportions look fine but I think its that horrid new type stock and PDW flash hider they put on that really spoil it. I just don't understand why manufacturers love to make an MP5 which should look clean and sleek into a big ugly lump of rubbish by bolting extra un-needed ###### onto it which also in theory would push production prices up, I'd rather they saved the money and had a nice lunch instead ;)

The only thing that really does look tasty is the dual sling loop end cap, hopefully they will sell them alone at some point.

Real steel magazines are actually fatter than TM ones. The thing that makes it look off slightly is probably the foregrip. Due to the battery having to go in there, as per the CYMA model, they have a larger foregrip than the tropical grip should be, it is lower and fatter and adds to making the gun look bulky. Also another thing that is incorrect, but that I kind of like, is the rear site having the numbers on it. That was something for the 416 not for the MP5, as to my knowledge although the sight is very similar, it is not the same and the MP5 one shouldnt have the numbers on. I might just have to get me one of these now and see if it is as good as the CYMA version. Nice to see that the muzzle has the correct scallops between the tri blades but I really do wish that they would stop putting on that threadded tip. The MP5 has never had a threadded tip to the muzzle, this is something that was added for the MP10. I still need one though.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Airsoftworld will be selling these next year when their released! here about £180 which isnt bad at all! might pick up one myself!

Thats not too bad at all, I think the SRC is going to be a budget option from the new ICS MP5 series when those are released although I know which I'll be getting ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Thats not too bad at all, I think the SRC is going to be a budget option from the new ICS MP5 series when those are released although I know which I'll be getting ;)

I would not sit around banking on the ICS being much better, haveing seen the SRC MP5, Compareing it to ICS Current MP5's Plastic parts etc..... SRC eats it alive. The only thing the ICS will have is the fets and gearbox, which are not a deciding factor for me and a lot of others.

The fet/3rnd burst and split gearbox will however be the deciding factor for me so its completely pointless telling me to not bank on it <_<

There is no point at all in me changing my current ICS MP5s for SRC MP5s since they don't really offer me anything worthwhile over what the ones I have currently do, however stick a split box and 3rnd burst into the equation then it is worth me changing, especially since I was planning on building 3 full lower gearbox sets to go with an SD3, split box means much less work and parts required there :)

Even if I did buy an SRC though I'd still have to change the damm stock! Granted it could be an excuse to splash out on an original H&k sliding stock but with the new ICS MP5s I won't have to bother with that which is nice.

Archived