WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

I don't think so. Muzzle energy is a function of ammo weight and muzzle velocity. A heavier BB at lower velocity can have the same energy as a lighter bb at a higher velocity.

If your weapon is illegally firing at 450fps with a 0.2, using a 0.3g BB will not lower the energy value and the weapon will still be illegal. Being hit by the 0.2bb or the 0.3bb will hurt the same because they'll have same or similar energy.

There is an Arnies article on this and I have a spreadsheet tool. If you PM me with your e-mail address I give you the tool for free.

This is way off-topic so best to refer to the Arnies article accessed from Arnies home page.

If only we lived in a perfect world eh? There are many many variables effecting velocities and energy in gas guns. For one, and the most easily understood, the floating valve will be open slightly longer because of the heavier BB allowing a higher transfer of energy.

Even in guns WITHOUT the floating valve blowback mechanisms "Energy Creep" as describing thoroughly on classicairsoft.net is commonly documented. The nature of expanding gases like those used in gas guns can result in much more energy actually transferred to the BB. Even in AEGs the same thing can happen although it is much rarer. Classic airsoft users know these dangers well and take precautions to ensure their guns are firing below the legal joule limit not just "fps equivalent". These kind of conversion charts are useless between BB weights. It is far more dynamic than one might think.

Edit: Revenge Seeker, I don't think they are made alternating FDE -Black - FDE. If that were true one model would have odds, one evens. Mine number is odd, 151, and so is that black Scar.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=85259.0

Review so far. Missing a ton of stuff, but maybe around 50% done? XD

Just need help with the bolt disassembly and trigger grouping as well. If anyone's willing to do it please provide pics and I'll definitely give you credit :D

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=85259.0

Review so far. Missing a ton of stuff, but maybe around 50% done? XD

Just need help with the bolt disassembly and trigger grouping as well. If anyone's willing to do it please provide pics and I'll definitely give you credit :D

thanks for the review! you are awsome.

it is also great that they are giving options for an aeg hop up.

this is good.

Anyone who preordered a scar and are still waiting on the mag, contact evike now. I emailed them about getting a black mag instead of a tan one and they claim i did not preorder so I don't get the mag.

I'm upset with evike now.

Instead of just saying to fill out an RMA, they start sending me parts. 1 day after callling, my stock hinge suddenly gets shipped. Also, my mag hasn't come in either. I'm not going to use it, but it's the principle.

Count me in the top 100 club I got no. 0000063! Just received my Black SCAR right before I had to leave for work. Luckily I had enough time to tear down, grease up and dry fire some before I left. I did manage to snap a couple pics and a tiny video if anyone wants to check it out. Let me know what you guys think of the video quality, I'm new to uploading on youtube.

WETTISCARBlack8-1.jpg

aznriptide, nice review.

how far do I need to disassemble to find out if I have managed to damage my hop-up?

I can't wrap my head around looking down the barrel until I've got it down to taking the hop-up adjustment piece off.

Take the bolt out. Look down the barrel from the back side.

I want to see how nice a black one looks with a Magpul MIAD. Pure beauty.

Was very close to picking one up off eBay the other day... Your comment is starting to persuade me to look again... :P

I want to find a descent vert grip and sling before I get the MIAD though, your going to have to wait I guess. ;)

For those with the CO2 version, I wonder if the MIAD grip will hold a CO2 capsule inside? If so, that would be very cool. I am tempted to get a tan MIAD for mine (my tan SCAR is still bone stock, I don't even have any optics that look good on it).

There isn't enough room in the MIAD grip to hold a CO2.

From what I have read here, on ASR and gasguns most people who got one from Evike got CW threads but at least one has gotten CCW. I still haven't managed to get my flash off yet (going to try tonight, AGAIN).

I will be using the SCAR tomorrow for my first skirmish with it. Sadly because it is shooting hot I will be using a CQC length SCAR as a DMR- not too bad though as all that means is I have to keep it on semi-auto. With 30 round mags that isn't much of a big deal.

I have 3 mags and my "free" Evike mag still hasn't shown up yet. I called them about it and they said they got some tan GG mags in but they all went out already and they are waiting on more. :-(

Archived