WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got my black one in today, came with 2 c02 mags instead of a green and a c02.

It was ordered in a order of three and the serial numbers shifted from 43 - 247 so i have no idea how the shipping pattern works.

Contrary to a lot of other peoples guns, mine is shooting 350 with .25 so its right where i want it to be without mods...maybe the black ones are lower fps?

I tried the poor man's chrono on my black co2 SCAR today. Same thing, with KSC Perfect .2's I cannot completely puncture the bottom of a can. Closest I got was a very deep dent with a split in the center on a fresh co2 bulb. I don't know if Coor's Light cans are different thickness than Coke, but was what I had available at the moment.

I tried the poor man's chrono on my black co2 SCAR today. Same thing, with KSC Perfect .2's I cannot completely puncture the bottom of a can. Closest I got was a very deep dent with a split in the center on a fresh co2 bulb. I don't know if Coor's Light cans are different thickness than Coke, but was what I had available at the moment.

You aren't supposed to use beer cans as they can sometimes be thicker. My cousin is bringing his black scar over today and I can take a look at it and compare tan and black side by side.

Poor man's chrono don't mean anything as can thickness change from brand to brand and from country to country: for example, french Coke cans are thicker than Spanish and Portuguese ones, but Pepsi are the same thickness in France and Spain; also some German beer cans are thicker, some aren't...

Unless people use the same cans from the same source, you can't compare muzzle power using this method.

i used a madbull chrono for my testing. the We scar black is shoting 330 on propane and 350 on c02. i am curious if anyone will have different chrono results on the black scars.

also, my stock screw keeps coming off, i think i will have to locktite it in, anyone else had this problem?

i used a madbull chrono for my testing. the We scar black is shoting 330 on propane and 350 on c02. i am curious if anyone will have different chrono results on the black scars.

also, my stock screw keeps coming off, i think i will have to locktite it in, anyone else had this problem?

i get average around 350-370 with 23s on both propane and gas. i was expecting more.. :( my p90 shoots average 390-400 with 23s.

i have tan scar. serial no. 25. nothing done to it other than the fixes.

do those fps sound right?

i was using fidragon chrono.

i get average around 350-370 with 23s on both propane and gas. i was expecting more.. :( my p90 shoots average 390-400 with 23s.

i have tan scar. serial no. 25. nothing done to it other than the fixes.

do those fps sound right?

i was using fidragon chrono.

Seems WaY too low. I got at least 450 ok CO2. Propane should be at least 410

I will get it up in a little bit but my black scar just developed a new problem i have never heard of before

when i was shooting the last shot out for some reason it vented the entire mag of what was left, now for some reason the firing pin does not seem to be going back enough to get behind the strike valve on the mag and it doesnt shoot at all. I tried manually pushing it back but it doesnt want to budge and i dont want to force it, any ideas?

I will get it up in a little bit but my black scar just developed a new problem i have never heard of before

when i was shooting the last shot out for some reason it vented the entire mag of what was left, now for some reason the firing pin does not seem to be going back enough to get behind the strike valve on the mag and it doesnt shoot at all. I tried manually pushing it back but it doesnt want to budge and i dont want to force it, any ideas?

I think that's the very same problem I had months ago on my M4, and that I explained in the AWSS M4 thread: the spring with its guide that is in the firing block broke:

qp49360428564.jpeg

i had the same issue.

turns out to be this part on mine.

but i was able to fix it.

its suppose to make the valve stay open longer. you can remove it but entertainment value goes downhill.

DSC00097.JPG

i made a cut so i can insert some sort of metal.

DSC00099.JPG

i will be using some sort of jb weld expoxy.

DSC00101.JPG

alright i fixed the gun but it is no longer in ownership of two parts, the parts i removed were locking the firing pin forward and making the gun useless. without said parts in there kickback has not suffered and fps does not appear to have changed but i do not have a chrono to verify fps right now.

parts removed:

dscn0101m.jpg w3264.png

pictures of the nozzle:

dscn0100q.jpg w3264.png

Are you kidding me? I brought this issue up over a week ago. Exact same problem. And I'm pretty sure i detailed how I fixed it.

akyatbahay, did you fix yours like that? My cousin's black scar was broken and I attempted to fix his using the same method that you did but there's not enough metal for the glue to hold together. The way I fixed mine I used a much bigger piece that is staying in place very nicely through over 1000 shots.

Are you kidding me? I brought this issue up over a week ago. Exact same problem. And I'm pretty sure i detailed how I fixed it.

akyatbahay, did you fix yours like that? My cousin's black scar was broken and I attempted to fix his using the same method that you did but there's not enough metal for the glue to hold together. The way I fixed mine I used a much bigger piece that is staying in place very nicely through over 1000 shots.

yes, infact i did not secure it with jb or epoxy. (epoxy wore off)

the rod is long enough to sit against the walls, it just sits inside.

My blowback has not suffered at all from the removal of these parts when i compared it to another we scar post part removal.

From looking at it from a mechanical perspective the spring and this piece were creating downward tension on the firing pin. The only purpose i can think of would be that it helps keep the firing pin level and it also create resistance to slow the movement of the firing pin and allow more gas for blowback as seems to be the theory. The only problem is that the plate ontop of the firing pin does roughly the same job minus the resistance which is why i suspect the gun still works when the other part broke

I am not sure exactly what the rod does but either mine is still in the gun or it fell out. Either way my gun is still functioning perfectly fine 200 rounds later. Unless another failure develops because of the removal of this part my vote goes out that it was truly a part which was not needed

You are wrong about the purpose of that part. When you compared the two scars did you shoot BBs? If you didn't they would be nearly identical.

That piece locks the firing pin in the forward position until the hammer is pulled all the way back which moves it up, unlocking the firing pin.

The reason your gun vented all the gas was because the tab that is normally pushed up by a nub on the hammer had broken off. Your firing pin was stuck in the forward position releasing all the gas.

I have explained this several times before.

*update, Well the hinge plate cracked just like everyone else has been. And just like I expected it to do so, right now some gorilla glue is holding it together. I just got off the phone with Evike, they're sending a replacement part out right away. So far great customer service, hopefully this will be the "reinforced" plate not just a replacement. So the Black SCAR is not invunerable... mine is serial no. 0000063 by the way.

yeah i fired it with ammo and without in comparison, preforms and kicks the same. I was even curious if it would affect bolt cycle distance and did not do that either. The range on the gun is about the same from what i can tell also. perhaps it is because the rod is still (most likely) in the gun?

I am also aware that the broken part caused it all to vent out or removing it wouldn't have fixed the problem. As fun as it is to yank random parts out i dont do so unless it helps something lol

so the question is now, why is my gun kicking the same when it supposedly should not...

also on the speculating table. if this "mod" reduces gas flow per shot would it not also extend the number of rounds one can get before the mag is out?

Archived