WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not including the stock, has anyone not had a problem with one of these? Looks like another frustrating release from WE. Talk about a blown chance at redemption. Hopefully these misteps will breed innovation from other manufacturers. I would honestly love to buy one of these but my KWC mini-Uzi just keeps looking better and better.

Once I got my hopup working I have not had any issues (including the stock)- I have put over 1100 bbs through mine now and will be using it in a game this weekend. I am hoping my fourth mag comes in before Saturday (the "free" extra mag from Evike).

It shoots nice and hard, although since my mag leak fix or blue RTV blew some RTV through the gas valve my accuracy has declined/power consistency has taken a noticeable decline. I will be taking the valve apart for cleaning.

I actually got mine working without taking it apart- it does work well now with .25bbs (I have nothing heavier right now). What I did was lube it with LOTS AND LOTS of lube, then adjust it up and down several times. Swab the bore then repeat. Hop works great now, however it does require lube every several hundred shots to keep working well.

:-)

Not including the stock, has anyone not had a problem with one of these? Looks like another frustrating release from WE. Talk about a blown chance at redemption. Hopefully these misteps will breed innovation from other manufacturers. I would honestly love to buy one of these but my KWC mini-Uzi just keeps looking better and better.

Even with my slight fracture in my stock... no issues whatsoever. Great accuracy with .25's on mine too. Green and C02. Bad press is the only thing that's made it into this thread mate.

Are you using silicone spray?

My question too. Before I continue using C02, what lubrication is everyone using.. and where? Since its a new system, I have no clue where to start. I've also seen some bad things happen to plastic parts on all my pistols with supposed "100% Silicon" lube that I purchased at Ace Hardware... AKA the infamous melting plastic, white residue.. etc.

Just got some word from my local forums. WE is going to be making a new piece for the stock which is reinforced with ribbed metal.

Wish i could tell you more but i figure i would toss it out there that something is in the works according to WETTI so their is hope yet!

I managed to reduce fps by running with whosloosin's idea. Look at his quick guide on page 27 to see more pictures.

He inserted a little piece of hollow metal in the floating valve to move it forward and allow less gas to enter the barrel. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a piece of metal like that, but a filed down craft bead works just as well. File one of these

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/pearlizedponybeads.jpg/

So that it looks like this

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img0010jqi.jpg/

When I was done the bead was about 2.5mm thick and the edges were filed down just enough to fit into the valve assembly.

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/img0009zje.jpg/

http://img19.imageshack.us/i/img0002fti.jpg/

After that just screw the rod back into the valve assembly and put the gun back together. I don't have a chronograph, but it's consistent at what looks to be 330-345 with a .25

Does anyone know if the valve system on the WE m4 is the same as the scar? Because this seems like a better alternative to the finicky TSC valve and only costs a couple cents.

Just found out that the WE m4 uses the same valve system, so this will work for both platforms.

not that i will be doing much full auto with 30rd mags

Ya definitely, nice thing about gas is you can shoot semi as fast as you can pull the trigger anyways. Not the case for aegs

Same results here. I used a .2 first because that's what all the poor man's chrono charts are calibrated for. It went through both sides of a soda can and made a decent split in the middle of the can's bottom. So according to redwolf's charts, it's shooting 350-370 with a .2 So I'm guessing .25 shoots 340-350.

.25 also went through both sides and barely split bottom.

You can make the bead as thick as you want though, as long as it fits into the nozzle. Mine wasn't as thick as it could have been, so a lower fps is possible.

Just got some word from my local forums. WE is going to be making a new piece for the stock which is reinforced with ribbed metal.

Wish i could tell you more but i figure i would toss it out there that something is in the works according to WETTI so their is hope yet!

I love you. :wub:

I'm having the worst time getting the inner barrel out. I've stripped field stripped everything but can't remove the inner barrel. Can someone help?

Also I lubed the ###### out of my hop up now I'm getting some result but I'm still getting every third round hooking to the right. Also some just die and accuracy is really ######.

The post Zeaken was refering too was from an e-mail to WE/WETTI. I recieved a prompt response from James B Chan reassuring me that help was on the way. They are rushing to correct issues.

This is just a clip from the letter but one I'm sure will help easy people's minds. "A new mold is made for the new design plate, steel reinforce ribs are built into the piece."From an e-mail I received from James B Chan, Managing Director

WE Tactical Training International

He went on to say they are moving quickly to get spare parts and distributors to provide them. This makes me feel a little better, just have to be patient.

Archived