Magpul PTS - FPG

orca

I think the whole SBR thing is BS anyways. Why shouldn't we be able to have them? But hey that's liberal pansyism for you.

Yes those damn liberals back in 1934. You can still own one, you just need it registered with the ATF and a $200 tax stamp. Not really as big a fuss as people make it out to be. Ask Titleist.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooooooooooo I'd never seen this until now, it's puuuurdy and I want one/two :D

I hope it's a full gun kit as I think if you put a TM or KSC Glock in there you would lose the folding functionality if it's anything to go by this picture:

http://www.defensereview.com/stories/shots...n_2_2-04-08.jpg

Seems like the glocks handle is hinged or something, or do they just put the upper slide and barrel set in?

Can't wait to see :)

Any idea what model? Glock 19 maybe? If so, I really want this.

The real thing is supposed to be ued in conjunction with the Glock 17 or the 18 after being converted.

Lots of snipers at my local field would love something like this. Provided its well made it will provide alot of backup firepower in a small package.

Also, corps, im not sure why you think a stock is necessary for an airsoft gas blowback pistol, those things jump but barely. :P

The real thing is supposed to be ued in conjunction with the Glock 17 or the 18 after being converted.

Also, corps, im not sure why you think a stock is necessary for an airsoft gas blowback pistol, those things jump but barely. :P

If you look closer, you will see that the grip/trigger guard is supposed to move - a Glock 17/18c does not have that feature.

Methinks that perhaps the trigger/hammer group is to be taken out and probably the slide too.

UNLESS Magpul PTS have done a deal with KWA/KSC and bought selected parts and will be selling it as a complete unit.

regarding the 'jump but barely'- have you mounted (for the sake of it ) a RIS grip to the front of the KSC G18c (or G23f for that matter) and seen the group consistency compared to that without a RIS grip at the front? There is a massive difference. At about 15m the spread is measured in a couple of metres at times.

Generally, a shoulder fired weapon will be more accurate than a pistol. That is the whole idea behind this concept, to create a controllable, shoulder fired 9mm weapon which is also very compact.

Yes, we all know recoil is not an issue for Airsoft...but this is a replica of a real weapon. That's why it's designed the way it is.

I'll buy one of each, real and Airsoft, if price and availability are not prohibitive.

UNLESS Magpul PTS have done a deal with KWA/KSC and bought selected parts and will be selling it as a complete unit.

It's actually not too far fetched of an idea. The KRISS that Madbull were going to make were going to use KWA/KSC mags and a few select parts of the glock by that manufacturer. That is, before they shelved the project. But it does show that KSC/KWA aren't adverse to the idea of collaborating with third party manufacturers to make new products.

Id much rather have a KRISS then the FMG.

My main probelm with the FMG is sure its compact, but how do you holster it? Its bigger then a VHS tape, and I cant fit a VHS in any normal sized pouch.

Glock in a box? OK i seriously cant see how this is any better than a regular glock? Lets see this Masada!

Real steel wise, it halves your MOA out of sheer aiming stability from the stock. It's also for security personnel who are to be deployed in places where a normal visible smg might instill panic and fear amongst civilians; out of sight, out of mind.

I wouldn't be surprised to see MOLLE pouches designed for this soon after it's released. If not, I'm sure there's a few GP pouches by various manufacturers that can accommodate this.

Hmm looks to big for an Eagle Medical pouch, I bet you could strap it onto a MAP. I wonder if there would be any good ways to put it on the back of a MOLLE belt.

I understand why people would want to strap this to their gear (because it's ub3r 1337 c00l) but the FMG really wasn't designed to be carried as a secondary so I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any decent carrying solutions. At the end of the day when it's folded up it's a box with a glock in it. Rectangular boxes by their very nature aren't all that ergonomic.

If anything it's supposed to be a primary weapon of a well prepared dog walker for when "things get nasty". How are you supposed to carry it for fast deployment? On your hand with your fingers through the handle :)

I understand why people would want to strap this to their gear (because it's ub3r 1337 c00l) but the FMG really wasn't designed to be carried as a secondary so I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any decent carrying solutions. At the end of the day when it's folded up it's a box with a glock in it. Rectangular boxes by their very nature aren't all that ergonomic.

If anything it's supposed to be a primary weapon of a well prepared dog walker for when "things get nasty". How are you supposed to carry it for fast deployment? On your hand with your fingers through the handle :)

Well it would be a good back up that is of a decent size, because stores into a smaller package yet folds out into a decent sized SMG. What it was designed for can't be translated into a airsoft use so we are going to try to find airsoft uses for it.

I can see it now...

Dog walker suprised -activates two lots of FPS ... one is the 800FPS Glock in the box and the other is the 5 Fangs per Second dog.. :D

As stupid as it sounds, this idea could be a bad one when translated into airsoft.

I can so very very much forsee some person/s/idiots walking through public areas with this... and someone either opens it intentionally or accidentally and the public go OMGzer WOWzer call Swat/Police coming! etc

No dumber then any other airsoft gun, no airsoft gun is for public use.

Ive never seen a pouch that would be tall enough for this thing folded, and for us military impersonators (as far as gear goes) this gun has no place. I mean why not get a glock, and put in one of the excellent and widely available holsters? It being a box doesn't really make it much smaller, just more concealable (EG not gun looking). In addition to being un carry able, there's the other aspect, Its more complicated then a normal glock, Not only do you have to draw this thing out of a pouch that wont properly fit it, but then you have to un fold it.

Well whatever. Its a really cool civilian use SMG, but for airsoft its not ideal (aside from role playing).

Archived