Marushin SAA

elrey

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I have one of those!

Marushin SAA:

MarushinSAA014.jpg

Marushin SAA(silver) by a Tanaka SAA(black):

ColtSAAx2001r1024s20.jpg

I have no idea when they originally came out with the gun but I got it off of YJ about 2 years ago. I've never seen another one like it either.. Only thing that came close was their PFC line up.

Seems like they're just re-releasing their old molds tho.. They did the same with the cz75 shell ejection pistol. I bet they'll do the 1911 and the m9 next too.

Feel free to ask me any questions tho.. The gun is still here at my place.

Yup, those are the actual shells from the gun's cylinder.

The one you see standing up is an extra a dummy bullet they supplied.. It's obviously an extra just for replica purposes..

Gas goes in the grip, cylinder is fixed(doesn't swing out but does rotate).. The finish is very convincing on it..

1 BB per shell, 6 shells total+1 dummy.

I'll get some FPS readings on it tomorrow since its late.

just to let you know Watz (you probably know, but i want to mention it), they aren't just re releasing old models. the old CZ 75 had the gas in the rear of the grip and a 2 stage trigger. half pull sent the BB down range, full pull cycled the slide. the new one holds the gas in the mag and does everything i one stage pull of the trigger. so, they are re engineering their guns before re releasing them.

I think they overestimated the internet speed capability of their customers. ;)

Nope... "Their customers" (in their minds) are in Japan. I pay about $30 USD/mo for "basic high speed" internet - whick clocks in at 40Mbps down/20Mbps up :o (for another $20/mo, I could get double that). To put this into perspective, most places in North America (US and Canada) top out at 10Mbps down/5Mbps up for residential customers (and they pay about 2-3x what I do for that speed). I think Marusin has "their customers" in mind when they think about bandwidth :P

• 2 weeks later...

Mike_West can wake up now ! :Zzz: Looks like tokyo-model.com.hk and airsoftglobal have them up for sale. I've got two of the super-chrome silvers from tokyo-model intransit. airsoftglobal looks to be out of the chrome silver already though :( Airsoftglobal lists the fps as 100-120 with 0.2g. I have several of the original Tanaka's and a pair of cassyopia's, but filling every cartridge with gas gets to be a chore and leads to big time inconsistency in shots and the occasional dud if one is not very careful. I am really looking foward to a shell option without gas in the shell.

Airsoftglobal lists the fps as 100-120 with 0.2g

Surely thats mps and not fps. I know they're very restrictive in Japan (a Japanese friend of mine there told me that they may actually lower their .98J limit) but 100fps won't get you anywhere. Heck even horrid EBB handguns can do better than that.

Well, as I mentioned, I ordered two of the silver marushin saa's. One if them is in fine working order but the other was shipped to me with the bolt completely retracted and never moving up to lock the cylinder, and the hand assembly on that bad one also has a spotty record of actually engaging and turning the cylinder. Even with all that I still gassed up the bad one and guess what, doesn't discharge either. I've taken it apart several times and let me tell you it is a difficult little "*badgeress*" to get back together properly. The biggest contributor to this "bitchiness" is the fact that if you want gas in the handle you can't fit the gas resevoir and the main spring in there, so the main spring in the marushin's is effected by a spring that sits just in front of the trigger and has a kind of an elongated u shaped metal piece that straddles the trigger guard screw (middle of the 3 screws on the left of the saa's frame) and provides the tension for the hammer. This also presents something people might not like about the gun, this configuration of the mainspring always exerts a pressure on the hammer assembly that does not allow it to return to battery, so the hammer is never fully closed. It just looks funny. The hand assembly doesn't have a spring on it, nor is there a single sear and bolt spring. When taking off the trigger guard, the spring that provides tension for the bolt is liable to fly away.

The gun has no hop-up. Compared to the Tanaka saa's the Marushin is a lightweight, as basically all of the outer frame is plastic. The Tanaka's have a metal backstrap and trigger-guard, and they are all plastic on the Marushin. The outer barrel is not directly replaceable as on the Tanaka's. The outer barrel on the Marushin saa is integrated with the right half of the frame. The cylinder is not really removable as the base pin latch is not functional but assists in securing the left half of the frame to the right half of the frame. The inner barrel has a spring loaded mechanism that "seals" the cylinder chamber to the barrel after the cylinder has rotated.

I don't have a chronograph, but using 0.2's with propane, I was getting groupings of about 3 to 5 inches at 30 feet.

In silver, the Marushinn saa looks fine. For the working one from my pair, it shoots just as accurately as the same barrel length Tanaka, has shells, and cost only $100 each from Tokyo Model Company. But, having had my bad (and working) gun apart and not being able to figure out exactly what is wrong with the bad one, has me a bit worried as to the reliability and serviceability of the internals on the Marushin saa.

If I have time before I send the bad one back for a replacement, I will probably take both down again and see if I am missing something about what might be causing all the issues in the bad gun.

Thanks a lot, wolf1a. Very detailed account that answers a lot of questions. It hadn't even occurred to me that the main spring would have to be relocated and reconfigured somewhere else to leave room for the gas reservoir. I think Tanaka had the best solution by using the same area that the propellant is located in the real steel (the cylinder), thus allowing the already brilliant-yet-simple design of the real steal intact (and allowing for nobs like me to upgrade using real parts).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived