What type of player are you?

FireKnife

What player are you?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What type of player are you on a normal skirmish?

• Traditionalist.
    • Futurist.
    • Here and now.

I am an almost here and now player.

I favor iron sights over most red dots, and remove RIS off of everything I have.

I actually like the look of 70s/80s/90s gear better than newer, easily accessorizable stuff (most armalites, mp5 RIS, p90tr) because of its simplicity. For instance: SG552s, MAC-10s, FALs, UZIs, P90s, CZ75s, Skorpions, early MP5s, SiG p210s. That gives a pretty accurate idea of the kind of gear I like.

I want a p90 standard (still ;) ) not because it is futuristic but because it is retro-futuristic! It's pretty old, as you probably know. I just wish I could find a flashhider without the diagonal cut on it so it could be authentic!

Anyway, at the mo my loadout's OD, woodland camo, a CA870 sawn-off/UTG M324 (APS2 clone) and a glock.

I guess my tendencies put me between traditionalist and here and now, but I marked here and now anyway.

I voted for here and now. While I love some of the futuristic stuff, I just haven't ventured that way as of yet.

All of my gear is based of my individual needs of the game, but more so along the lines of what I've carried while in service and what has worked for my in real life. Everything I carry, with just a switch of mags will fit my RS as well as my airsoft weapons.

Hard to decide. Yes, I do have a "Naked Snake" loadout, for which I use a VN rig, M733 and a M1911, but I'm also toying with the idea of an Army of Two-styled loadout with OTV and something more modern that uses M16 mags (normally I would use my F2000, but we all know how bad it is, THANKS FOR NOTHING G&G!). So, the first one falls into "traditionalist", while the second is a full-on future loadout.

• 2 weeks later...

My loadout is not based on any real life unit or whatever, merely what i think works for airsoft and secondly looks cool. So what comes first is practicality.

Secondly; looks, and in the looks sense I'm more about movies/sci-fi/future (post apoc) type things.

So I voted futurist.

• 1 month later...

edit: here and now; i wear whats practical, a leather jerkin keeps my 1950s canvas webbing in order, i use it because it does a function well (and only cost a fiver...) my ak47 is a current use weopon of sorts, colt 1911 is again an old bit of kit, but i use it because it flawless.

i like the old SMG's; anything older than and including MP5; like my UZI

i wear a full face mask because i would rather keep my teath than have a more realistic military loadout

I'm a here and now kinda person, I hate digicam (unless it's CADPAT mmmmmmmmmmmmm), my m4 is sometimes quite pimped, but since my BB grenade broke, the m203 has been on the shelf rather than in the game, so it's not quite uber-pimped :P

my 1911 could be classified as an old bit of kit, but then again, it was only taken out of service recently.

but now as I am in a CQB place, the only things on my m4 are a PEQ and a front grip, my elcan is only used when we play woodland (very rarely)

So here is my first poll and it is a question that has been bugging me for ages.

For those that play there usual day in full or mostly full loadouts, what type of player are you, do you rock out in cutting edge weapons with full digi kit or is iron sights and canvas webbing your thing?

Now i shall explain each of the options:

Traditionalist: This is for those, like me, that play with old guns and kit, for those that use canvas webbing and by gone guns. Those who turn up in WW2 and Nam kit belong here.

Futurist: This is for those that turn up with all the RIS filled, uber M4ness that they can, along with the latest digicam and MOLLE gear. Sci-fi players especially.

Here and Now: Pretty simple, you base your loadout on one from the here and now, everything within this decade, those who plan loadouts within this decade fall here.

Now this is for those who go for full loadouts and on your normal game, not for specific events.

Just wanted to see what was the most common.

'FireKnife'

i dont have loadouts i use a desert eagle and an m4 carbine and they sute me down to the ground sometimes i use my AK dragonov hybrid and any camo i can find i dont carry any ammo exept a speedloader and i do carry gas

• 2 weeks later...

My gear is pretty simple I carry what I need for however long I'm gonna be playing this includes; guns (primary and secondary), mags (2 for each weapon), ammo, gas, water, pyro and comms.

This being said I do indulge in the kit that works the fastest and will last.

m gear is pretty standard here and now set up. normally im wearing PLCE webbig and DMP, but as for the weapon, its really all over the shop. occasionally ill run my AK47 and stuffsome mags in the pouches, or my AKS74U which i love, or my SA80 which im a bit tired of now, or my m16 w/ m203, or my newest m4 ris. add to that the fact that i also wear an FSBE Bolle vest, and you get an idea of my loadouts. i need a gun that shoots, a rig that hold ammo, and some clothes i can ge dirty. all my gear does this, with no real bells and whistles.

Archived