FAMAS Picture Thread

See i did do something today!! :D

And i know what you mean about rare. Except when G&G bring out theirs.

thats why i need to get mine finished while its still unique! back in the day their was only two custom famas'! Hardcoil's and Zephrantes'

EDIT: Its drying!! I have to wait until i can sand it down! :(

Edited by angel_wings
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fixedfamashg4.jpg

I fixed it!

I drilled two holes into the carryhandle body and into the part of Assembly FS-9 (the front sight) that keeps the outer barrel from being pulled out. Then, I screwed in a couple of screws and secured them with small self-locking nuts. That outer barrel ain't goin' nowhere.

This is after I installed a tightbore barrel, so any upgrades that require me to take the gun completely apart are already done.

Still waiting on my Mk.23...

Hawkeye68: If it's just a standard large battery which I'm guessing it is, then It will fit fine. But I don't know much about CYMA batteries as I'm not really into CYMA's and the like.

Are you an Iowa fan? or do you just have really good vision?

Ninja Badger: Maybe it's the fact that you have a better cylinder, and you probably knew what you were doing, But I have a Tightbore, and an M100, and-not that it's bad-my range isn't anything I would describe as "Sick".

Please note: I am not saying I don't believe you, just pointing it out that's all.

Iowa University, they're team is the Iowa hawkeyes,

200600004597_hs.jpg

Guess your not a fan then...

To not go off topic here...

Rogue, you did not commit any cri-wait......maybe...no, no crime commited, your gun looks nice

And Zuka I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and I'm glad to see you've fixed it.

Edited by dismemberd
Hawkeye68: If it's just a standard large battery which I'm guessing it is, then It will fit fine. But I don't know much about CYMA batteries as I'm not really into CYMA's and the like.

Are you an Iowa fan? or do you just have really good vision?

Ninja Badger: Maybe it's the fact that you have a better cylinder, and you probably knew what you were doing, But I have a Tightbore, and an M100, and-not that it's bad-my range isn't anything I would describe as "Sick".

Please note: I am not saying I don't believe you, just pointing it out that's all.

So your using a 600mm APS2 Barrel and systema hop are you, didn't realise it was such a popular FAMAS mod?!

It certanly outranges all the other AEG's at my local site. Not sure how long it's gonna last running on a 9.6v battery but who cares when there so cheap?

can anyone tell me if the battery that comes with the CYMA cmo028 full stock would fit and work with the famas?  just need to know if i should order a battery and charger along with it

It'll fit fine as there actually 4/5sc cells (Slightly smaller). It would benifit from a little packing to stop it rattling around. The cyma comes with a mini-connector not the standard size, so you would need to convert this (dead easy).

I'd really save your pennys for a decent battery though as it does make the world of difference!! If your short on funds theres an ebay seller called Big Boys Toys and they sell a 8.4v 4000mah nimh race pack for around £15-20, it JUST fits into the Famas and out performs most high end battery packs.

Hope that helps.

So your using a 600mm APS2 Barrel and systema hop are you, didn't realise it was such a popular FAMAS mod?!

It certanly outranges all the other AEG's at my local site.  Not sure how long it's gonna last running on a 9.6v battery but who cares when there so cheap?

I'm ot using an APS length barel, but a longer one that was cut to length, and supposedly any barrel longer than an M4 doesn't make much difference, but that's debatable, and I really don't want to uin this thread so...

But I also have the stock TM hop. Is the systema much better?

i've been looking to replace the stock tm hop up for some time now along with rubber sleave to get a better air seal, i just feel like my hop up does jack *beep* weather its on or off and i know its not broken as i can see it pushing rubber down into the barrel.

and as im home sick today ill have time to take pictures of my gun :)

so iv finally goten around to taking some pictures:

drawing033.jpg

yep, the g36 mod.

drawing034.jpg

still alot of sanding and painting to be done on that edge.

drawing032.jpg

a side shot.

drawing029.jpg

and a shot of my custom sling ring... just a loop in a string with a knot on the inside.

i just recently order the 3 set of g36 side rails to put on it,

this forgrip:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1678

and this scope:

http://www.airsoftgun.co.kr/front/php/prod...display_group=1

enjoy.

I'm ot using an APS length barel, but a longer one that was cut to length, and supposedly any barrel longer than an M4 doesn't make much difference, but that's debatable, and I really don't want to uin this thread so...

But I also have the stock TM hop. Is the systema much better?

Yes my friend - bin your stock TM hop and get some decent bucking to boot.

so iv finally goten around to taking some pictures:

*snip*

still alot of sanding and painting to be done on that edge.

*snip*

Dliberty, You should really sand that down and spray paint it...It would look about...mmmmmm...100X better

Hmm...I think he's way ahead of you. :)

Be patient!

Annoyingly saving for Uni kind of limits my spending power.

Therefore this won't be realistically finished until, hmmmm, 2008!

Thats only internally though, ill try and get it done cosmetically over this next month, still need to source an old sawn-off handle to create a master-key style conversion for the launcher (it looks like its been bolted on at the minute, while that is true, I'm not happy with it!)

Still to do:

RIS rails where the sling swivels used to go

Sand, sand and sand some more!

Paint, paint and paint some more! (thinking of a deep blue and black two tone, as its meant to be a futuristic weapon)

SCOPE!!! IN THE FUTURE EVERYONE USES COMPLETELY OVER THE TOP SIGHTS! (illuminated blue to match the colour scheme)

Sawn-off grip

Possibly extend the launcher barrel

Build an ammo counter (maybe)

Convert an Mp5 hi-cap to "k" size

Trademarks (best thing about plasticard)

Internally

1j upgrade (bushings and spring)

Build a custom battery to fit in the fore grip better than a mini!

Airtronics burst fire control (Isn't this due to be relicensed? therefore hopefully cheaper!)

And last but not least, I need a name!

So far its A.W.P05 but thats the prototype name!

So as you can see, I'm not nearly there yet!

Also i need to buy new pistols first! :P

EDIT: It is 2007. Duh! Changed to 2008

Edited by angel_wings

Angel wings...NICE! That's possibly the best FAMAS I've ever seen, but that's really hard...seriously...that's flat out sweet.

I can't wait till you're done! :bounce: ! That burst is a really good idea!

IMHO You shouldn't paint it blue...I just can't see that looking good, but I see why you would want to.

I also think, even though it would be cool, an ammo counter might seem unnatural, and it will be a lot of work.

You should know the following though:

*The FAMAS spring is longer than a regular AEG spring, so a 1joule...won't actually give you 1joule, it'll give you a little less.

*Standard 6mm bushings are relly hard to get in.

*If you pull this off...it....it....IDK I will be awestruck to say the least.

i actually just put 6mm bushings in today. you just stick em in the freezer for about 30 mins then tap them in with a chunk of wood(not a hammer, be gentle). i also put some stock CA gears in and a 1J spring and no go...it wont cycle. i will let you know if i can fix this but so far, nothing. just throwing it out there that the bushings are no problem at all.

and sweet gun angel. i recomend g36 side rails theyr cheap and mount easily.

Even cheaper off ehobby! :D

Thats the reason I'm using mp5k mags! £6 off ehobby! (don't buy them all!!)

Thats an interesting thing about the spring, i was told something similar about the mp5k. I'm guessing its just the unusual cylinder.

The slightly less than 1J doesn't matter much for two reasons: One i was generalizing! I'm gonna use a SP100 which i believe is slightly higher (330ish I'm told) therefore it will drop lower, and I've already installed a tightbore which should be giving it 5fps extra or something.

Agree on the blue now. Tried it yesterday and it looks balls. Luckily i didn't buy much. I was trying to get the affect of the stock G36c, kind of. Oh well, black it is!

In relation to the ammo counter if i do manage to do it (which I'm skeptical, as i know 'nout about electronics) will be built into the back of the g36 handle & therefore out of the way. But as i said that might not happen!

Anyway the paint should be done by next week, and the early version will be skirmishing at Eversley on the 18th of Feb (or earlier if i have time! but thats my time goal)

+1 was much appreciated dismemberd! although it did confuse me for a bit! :D

Cheers for the help guys.

Next point is: Are nunchuck battery's usually mini cells? As it would fit perfectly in the fore grip if it was. Any input?

Cheers

Edited by angel_wings

I tried putting the bushings in the freezer, and it didn't work :flamed: I don't have my gun right now :headbutt::ranting2::shutup2::bam::bye2::death::angry22::headbutt::headbutt: but, when I get it back, I'm going to try to grind down the...oh no, I forgot what it's called: AnimClapetAntiRetour2opti.gif

so that maybe full auto will work, and I will try to get the bushings in again.

Angel wings: TBH, If you could get it in the back of the G36 rail, than that would kick *albatross*, and I would recommend doing it. When I said slightly les...I kind of meant a lot less. The systema m100 in my FAMAS only shoots about 300 according to the pop can test so...you might want to take that into consideration, but I did have seal problems, so I might not be getting max power right now.

Yes nunchucks are small cells. If your going to try to put one in your FAMAS your going to need somehting along These lines.

Good luck, and if you have any problems, I will do everything I can to help!