VFC Combat Master & A/NPEQ-15 Advanced Target Pointer Illuminator Aiming Light

pjcat1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately the images are a bit low res for me to really judge. If anyone wants to do a side by comparison they could send me a VFC PEQ and I could do a definitive side by side comparison (you'd get your PEQ back afterwards).

I can't tell how much the saturation and photo work is messing with things, so this is just my observations.

1. It looks like they got the mold lines down, so they must be working off a copy of a PEQ-15 (Stolen no doubt) as the polymer mold lines look spot on for the right side.

2. Straps for the diffuser and battery cap look far too orange. Same goes for stickers and FIRE button on the top.

3. You can't see the red o-ring normally, not sure why they made it that big on the replica.

4. The remote switch looks surprisingly spot on

Again I'd have to sit there with one in both hands to check. The biggest tells for me are that real PEQs have a mottled and slightly textured feeling, whereas the G&P and other relicas are a bit too smooth and shiny.

Then again this is coming from comparing them side by side.

Hmm... if someone figures out how to swap out the visible white light LED for an IR one I'd be willing to give this product a go :)

It would be really nice if they made a proper replica that featured an IR illuminator, IR laser, and visible laser but I suppose with the cost and import difficulties involved with IR devices it wasn't terribly practical for VFC to make a copy of the PEQ-15 that was not only visually authentic but functionally authentic as well.

So, who's going to be the first person to try and convert the LED light to IR? ^_^

I have mixed feelings on that. While I think it's a bit absurd IR lasers are restricted. I've got it on good authority that even these modified IR systems, in toy lasers are actually slipping in to the wrong hands. Soldiers in Afghanistan are encountering fire fights where at first glance it appears blue on blue friendly fire, but it's actually Taliban and Al Qaeda using modified IR lasers and PEQs purchased from sources illegally. So it's odd, I do think low yield IR lasers ought to be legal, but considering that even the G&P laser can stand up to recoil makes it fall in to that shady gray area.

That said, I would be interested if anyone would want to send one my way and I can do a side by side photo set.

The real PEQ15 is made of Nylon with glass fiber.

That is what gives that texture.

VFC is most likely ABS. (smooth texture)

I wouldn't waste your time to replicate the nylon glass texture.

VFC's color is matched to their products, not Insight.

I have a little project going on making a functional PEQ15.

Already have most of the parts built.

Will post a build thread in a few weeks when back from vacation.

No one has mentioned it but Redwolf have them in for pre order too

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=27737

I'll be ordering a black one as soon as they have them in stock. I've been after a light & laser combo for my CQB gun for a while and this fits the bill perfectly.

Unfortunately the images are a bit low res for me to really judge. If anyone wants to do a side by comparison they could send me a VFC PEQ and I could do a definitive side by side comparison (you'd get your PEQ back afterwards).

Cant you send yours back afterwards? ;):P

No one has mentioned it but Redwolf have them in for pre order too

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=27737

I'll be ordering a black one as soon as they have them in stock. I've been after a light & laser combo for my CQB gun for a while and this fits the bill perfectly.

Thanks. Actually, hayabusa mentioned it on the previous page:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t&p=2195789

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of conflicting info out there. WGCShop now list the VFC FDE PEQ-15 as having tan straps:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...FC-LAS-PEQ15-02

And there picture is from a sample they have in their hands I believe. I wonder what will eventually come out.

On another note, Ibico over at GasGuns.info commented that an upgrade would be available (either through VFC or the distributor ... he wasn't clear) to have IR laser diodes put into the unit. :o Yes please!

The straps look way too yellow. I mean take what you can get and all. But is it that hard to color match the rubber?

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about them offering IR units from the factory especially for export when people are reporting that the modified G&Ps can stand up to real 5.56 recoil (not well mind you, they lose zero FAST).

Another minor detail is that the screws that hold the unit together are sealed over by a gray rubber that's applied to waterproof the units and prevent internal tampering. It looks like they didn't copy that in an effort to simplify assembly (black allen screws visible).

Archived